Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 12:00 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by s outhbound_295 View Post
What's that supposed to excuse? They are forcing the outlying mayors to get to San Juan & telling them that people in those outlying areas with no electricity need to apply online.

They should get into their own vehicles & go to the villages & take reports. They should load the cars with food, some water, & the filters that make water potable.
Yes, they should do what they can.

Some areas cannot be reached because the bridges are damaged. That seems farfetched telling people to apply on line when the electric is out on most of the island. Very hard to believe. That is like saying swim to the United States for help. Impossible.
They need the Army Corps of Engineering to get the bridges passable.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
TRump is doing it all on his own. His tweet blaming democrats for why the mayor of Puerto Rico is blaming him is another new low. He is supposed to be leading the country not dividing it. He does it every chance he gets.
It's you Leftists who are dividing the country, and it began with Obama, "King Barry I" "The waster" and expert race baiter.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:05 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
The people who answered yes to this question are either

A) Russian trolls
B) Heartless Americans who have never experienced any kind of diversity in their lifetimes
C) Stupid.

To save my own faith in humanity I am going to tell myself that all of them are Russian trolls. There is no way any American can be so heartless or stupid as to think Trumps tweets are okay.
The truth is B, Trump has brought out the heartlessness of a group of Americans, his supporters, who only care about Trump and nothing else. He could start a nuclear war and they would cheer. He could destroy their home with a bulldozer and they would cheer. The admiration to this clown is just utterly amazing.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:06 PM

8,499 posts, read 4,555,950 times
Trump continues to blow the dog whistle to his bigoted base. He is the one that divides the nation and acts as if he is King of the USA.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:07 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
WHAT?!

"diversity"? What does diversity have to do with the price of tea in China?

Please make sense.
You are absolutely right. I thought I had typed adversity. Thanks for pointing out my mistake... edited it.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:07 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Wow. Just saw the hateful mayor . They need to get their own act together. What a witch.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:08 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
if you can't understand the problem-- the military needs to be there with earthmoving equipment to distribute - fuel -manpower- and protection -its a WAR ZONE_
I pray the General get his support that he needs to start mobilizing - this is a HUGE task for some manager at a dock. I have 12 co workers there- I think you should also volunteer
I fully understand the problem, logistics.....seems those on the left don't. This is an island about 2200 miles of shore....logistics....

I have volunteered many times, what about you? When Katrina came through, there is no telling how many tons of water my Chinook delivered....

Old 09-30-2017, 12:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Consider: Obama went on a golfing vacation the day after 4 Americans were killed in Benghazi.
and then he tweeted that it was the dead men's fault, right? Obama sent a nasty tweet blaming them for being there, right?

45 loves rubbing salt in peoples wounds. bet he pulled the wings off of bugs and birds, too. he's the type.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's you Leftists who are dividing the country, and it began with Obama, "King Barry I" "The waster" and expert race baiter.
Take off your blinders man. Trump has done nothing but divide this country. He has blame democrats for all his political failures even though Republicans have the majority in both house, he has done the exact same things that he chastised Obama for and blamed democrats for calling him out on the hypocrisy, he verbally attacks Americans for exercising their 1st Amendment rights, and now he verbally attacks a country and mayor that was devastated by a hurricane.

I want you to name one thing Trump has done to try to bring this country together?

Old 09-30-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Wow. Just saw the hateful mayor . They need to get their own act together. What a witch.
Yeah, how dare she beg for help for her constituents! What a witch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies