Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 12:40 PM

30,372 posts, read 19,177,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The population of CA and NY alone amount to nearly 1 out of 5 Americans, never mind all the population of other states being screwed over.

I guess with the electoral college, screwing over high populations of people doesn't matter, but if he's trying to get respect from the blue states (and it does seem like the lack of respect bothers him), this isn't the way to go about it.
He's not trying to get respect of the loser blue states, he's making them pay for treating him like crap...political pay back....you're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 12:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Yes, yes, we're all living in hell right now because of Obama's taxes. Now the question is, are we going to do BETTER or WORSE under the new tax plan.
Not enough information right now. I told you, it's needs broken down into parts. One part might be positive, the other negative.... and yes after Obama got his tax plan through, us small business owners got hammered. And after getting hammered by taxes and paying out the ass for Obamacare, you people wanted a raise LOLOL

Old 10-02-2017, 12:42 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Everyone is making assumptions on what the brackets will likely be - you NEED to make some assumptions to figure out how you'll fare. Otherwise how else are you supposed to determine if you support this or not?

And the NYT was being pretty generous if it assumes the first $26k will be taxed at the lowest rate. That would make quite a few people happy.
uhm.... that's based on the CURRENT brackets. that's the way it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He's not trying to get respect of the loser blue states, he's making them pay for treating him like crap...political pay back....you're welcome.
Oh please, why does the left see everything through the lens of emotions. The worst mindset to make financial decisions.

2,333 posts, read 1,490,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Not enough information right now. I told you, it's needs broken down and yes after Obama got his tax plan through, us small business owners got hammered. And you people wanted a raise LOLOL
Why didn't you just do all your work under the table?

Old 10-02-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
uhm.... that's based on the CURRENT brackets. that's the way it is now.
The first $26k is not taxed in the lowest bracket now. Right now:

10% (lowest bracket) = $0 to $9,325
15% = $9,325 to $37,950

Old 10-02-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Why didn't you just do all your work under the table?
Because I run a legitimate business and comply with the law. Why, do you? Funny, the same people who think others should "pay their fair share" are the very people who many work under the table. And we know that people on welfare work under the table too so they can qualify for the handouts but they too scream for someone else to pay higher taxes. And they call the people paying the taxes greedy, take a look in the mirror and they'll see greed in front of them.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Because I run a legitimate business and comply with the law. Why, do you? Funny, the same people who think others should "pay their fair share" are the very people who many work under the table. And we know that people on welfare work under the table too so they can qualify for the handouts but they too scream for someone else to pay higher taxes. And they call the people paying the taxes greedy, take a look in the mirror and they'll see greed in front of them.
No, of course I don't lol. You said a few comments back that people should just do work under the table to "control their tax situation".... and I called you out on that, to which you said "duh everyone does that." Ridiculous.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Cisco, have you ever worked under the table? If you have, you've reduced your taxable income.

Do people realize that no matter what comes about, you do have control over your taxable income? Example, people work under the table... why, so they don't have to pay taxes on the income, others so they qualify for public assistance... they've controlled they're taxable income (or in the latter example, their ability to qualify for handouts). The rich legally use other ways to control their taxable income.
Quote:
It sounded like an endorsement to me. I certainly would never encourage anyone to work under the table to fleece the gov't.
That's because you are ignoring the point and have an agenda. If you got endorsement out of that pfft, you aren't worth debating.

Everyone has control over their taxable income, most people comply with the tax law, others don't. Lets take an extreme, drug dealers, they make big bucks and don't report a dime of it. I have to wonder what party they affiliate with lol.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I think it's safe to say everyone in this thread gets it. So your efforts would be more effective directly to the people you're referring to.
Good people need to know they can not allow politicians (R or L) and the media educate them, they need to do that for themselves. No one cares more about your (general) own personal financial position than yourself. To allow a politician or the media to educate you is to be their useful idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies