Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 03:39 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Liberals are so weird.
something like that could very well have prevented las vegas.

after all, that's what many people are bringing up as a defense for the shooter...mental health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 03:41 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
geez, maybe gun lovers should live in safer places. reading these posts gives me the impression you all live in war zones.

do you?
We do live in safe places, it's called being preparred, something most city folks know nothing about. You're used to city maintenance and instant satisfaction.

Step outside of the city. Go live where you are responsible for your own water. It's not treated by the city. It's your well and we'll pump, and your duty to test it treat it filter it.

Where I lived in upstate NY average 911 response time was 27 minutes. That's right average time was 27 minutes. Not a guarantee.
Sheriff's were half an hour away. State troopers barracks 45 minutes away. Before the cityiots came and bought land and built weekend/summer homes, nearest neighbor was literally miles down the road.

Now, with a 27 minute response time. You think you could talk a home invader down?

Nobody within an earshot of your screams...

We can arm our selves as we see fit. That's our right. Some only have an AR some only have a pistol, some only have a pump gun.
Some of us have a different hobby than yours.

Remove the anointed attitude see things through someone else's eyes.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I was just looking at lineup for the ‘Life Is Beautiful’ festival. There's a wide variety of performers. Chance the Rapper is a Christian but Lorde is a feminist (check their Wiki articles). With a diverse lineup like that he clearly was just looking for a big bang (no pun intended) for his buck and since he couldn't land the right spot for one, decided on the next event instead. It just happened to be a country music festival.
I agree, and he apparently liked Las Vegas, liked going to concerts and liked gambling. Did he have a health issue that made him angry? Suffering from pain? Want to become infamous? Have a fight with his girlfriend? People are so eager to make this political and the brother said he wasn't particularly political. To have the ability to shoot 500+ makes it sound like he was a sociopath but we don't know anything really.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:43 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
Just FYI (to clear up any confusion): "The contemporary term false flag describes covert operations that are designed to deceive in such a way that activities appear as though they are being carried out by persons, entities, groups, or nations other than those who actually planned and executed them." Wikipedia

Old 10-03-2017, 03:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
We do live in safe places, it's called being preparred, something most city folks know nothing about. You're used to city maintenance and instant satisfaction.

Step outside of the city. Go live where you are responsible for your own water. It's not treated by the city. It's your well and we'll pump, and your duty to test it treat it filter it.

Where I lived in upstate NY average 911 response time was 27 minutes. That's right average time was 27 minutes. Not a guarantee.
Sheriff's were half an hour away. State troopers barracks 45 minutes away. Before the cityiots came and bought land and built weekend/summer homes, nearest neighbor was literally miles down the road.

Now, with a 27 minute response time. You think you could talk a home invader down?

We can arm our selves as we see fit. That's our right. Some only have an AR some only have a pistol, some only have a pump gun.

That's all well and good except the problem is, if all one has are hammers, everything looks like a nail. The guy in Florida that shot a guy for texting during the movie previews is a pretty good example. Stephen Paddock bought an estimated 50 guns or more took a portion to a hotel room to shoot 500+ people. Republicans have been trying to allow silencers which would have allowed Paddock to shoot far far more people before anyone even figured out what was happening. There is looking to a gun as a source of security and there is looking at a gun as a source of power over others.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:46 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm not sure you understand what I'm discussing.....but it is very true, and she was in fact fired.

This.....
A CBS exec made a horrible comment, that she felt no remorse for those who were killed or wounded b/c mostly conservatives like country western music, which is what the concert was...all country western.

CBS fires executive for 'deeply unacceptable' post after Vegas shooting - LA Times

This comment made by a CBS exec does not prove the shooter was a liberal.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:46 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why shouldn't someone that has purchased 50 guns including assault rifles and massive amounts of ammunition be asked a few questions to explain why they need so much? Maybe such a discussion would have discouraged Paddock. Who knows, but if the mother of the Sandy Hook shooter had lived, I would have liked to see her in prison for not keeping her guns away from her son. I do think it is reasonable for gun owners to potentially be held responsible if their guns are accessed by their children who shoots another child. If someone has a single gun or an armory, that should be a commitment. We have apartment buildings that refuse to rent to people that have pit bulls. It is reasonable to think Paddock should have been identified in some part of the process for having purchased so many guns and ammunition. It is highly likely the victims will go after his estate and any insurance he has but there were so many victims the distributed amount will be minimal.
Why SHOULD someone have to explain themselves? We live in a country where people are innocent until proven guilty. If you want to implement your proposed questioning theory, you need to be fully in support of reversing the whole innocent until proven guilty concept because there are plenty of other "predictive" activities that could be seen as having the potential to commit crimes. Its a ridiculous premise in a country such as the US.

I do believe a parent should be held accountable for allowing an under age or unauthorized person access to firearms.

Apartment buildings are privately owned units that have the right to ban pit bulls or even avocados if they want, that argument has no relevance in this case since the man owned his own home and could have any legal items in it that he wished.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:50 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
next raving homeless person you come across, don't give him a meal, give him a gun!

I'm sure you and yours will feel safer knowing yet another person is armed, even if they are a lunatic!

lol
Don't buy a gun.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:52 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

oh, I'm hardly anointed! I also own a weapon. I just don't act like my life is in danger every minute of the day like some here do.

no one would hear my screams, either. (I do have city water, though, whatever that has to do with anything )

Old 10-03-2017, 03:53 PM

1,743 posts, read 992,793 times
Next these folks (anti 2nd amendment) will try to ban tanks, rpg's, f-16's and Bazookas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies