Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 07:43 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironplanch View Post
Wrong, we don't know what his motives were. Calling a narcissist without all the facts is ridiculous.
I hope he does turn out to be just a random evil nut upset about something personal, because if his motivations were any type of political this is going to drive the polarization and nastiness currently existing in this country to new lows.

Condolemces to the victims and their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 07:44 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Gun crimes are treated seriously by every Court in the US so that simply makes no sense.
Moreover this guy killed himself so I don't see how a possible sentence would deter him

Old 10-02-2017, 07:44 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
yeah, I thought that was strange wording, too.
I think something like 'heartfelt condolences' would have been more appropriate. but, it takes someone with a heart to think of that.
It's typical for a sociopath, they don't really understand empathy and as a result have difficulty expressing it...I was married to a guy like that once, he would practice his empathy and sincerity facial expressions in the mirror while shaving.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:45 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
THank god I'm not a country boy!

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Let's see. One for skeet, one for trap, one for long distance comp, one for hunting big game, one for varmints, one for rodents, one for ducks, one for quail.

You don't think one gun works for all hunting and shooting do you?
The left has decided you don't need firearms because they live in a big leftist city where you don't go hunting. That millions of responsible gun owners get trumped by a few nutcases.

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Remember on 9/24, in the thread of the last mass shooting, when I said why bother to talk about it when nothing will be done to stem the carnage and there will be another one in another 10 days anyway? I was off by three days.

And again, since we will do nothing to actually address the root problem of the gun culture in this country, this will be just another one of the many in the mass shooting column in the United States of America.

And in another few weeks there will be another one...

We have come to accept that this is what life in America should be. We should at the very least own that truism and stop feigning outrage every time it happens since WE are the ones who make it possible by our own refusal to deal with the problem.
Unless you restrict the sale of semi automatic weapons in this country these shootings will continue. You don't need to halt weapon sales but severely restrict access. Start with required background checks, mandatory training, and for God sakes, get a NATIONAL database of weapons sales. Small steps, but better than nothing.

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Stop the so easy access.
What "easy access?"

Where is it "easy" to buy a fully automatic weapon, other than from other criminals who don't obey gun control laws, either?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:46 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
well, he owned about ten rifles, that might be a clue. how many rifles can one person use at the same time?
Let's see:

Rifle 1 is a .223 and as things go, probably the most used one as it is relatively inexpensive to feed.

Except for Rifle 3 and 4 since they are 9mm and cheaper to feed but they aren't as "fine" to shoot as Rife 1. Heavier, harsher sights.

Rifle 2 is a .308 and I love it! Why, with its WHOMP!, it's better than sex! The thing is, it is a very expensive rifle to feed.

Eventually, there will be Rifle 5 which will be a .22. Cheap to feed and good to use against small pests.

Then, there are the shoulder arms that I am the arms mistress/caretaker of. A Winchester saddle rifle (which has another point that I will address in a moment), 2 12 gauge shot guns, a 20 gauge double barrel, and an 8mm Mauser Deer rifle. Since we are talking about shoulder arms that may go back to WW II or even further, it is wise to keep them in the collection.

About the saddle rifle: as a lever action rifle, it is the better choice to have if one were to take to horseback as I might do as that I do have a ranch.

NOW, those are my reasons to the question of "Why do you need more than one rifle?" or "Does 10 rifles mean that someone is a nut?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Unless you restrict the sale of semi automatic weapons in this country these shootings will continue. You don't need to halt weapon sales but severely restrict access. Start with required background checks, mandatory training, and for God sakes, get a NATIONAL database of weapons sales. Small steps, but better than nothing.
Well, A and B.

A: Recognize that a pistol like the M1911 is over 100 years old. Why does one want to keep a population over a century in the past by not allowing them semi automatic weapons?

B: As that the right to bear arms is a right, to impose all those restrictions is against the Constitution. So, amend the Constitution, hold a Convention, hold a coup. For imposing those restrictions on the 2nd is really no different than saying before you can vote, you have to go through these steps.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:47 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You think a semi-automatic was responsible for this?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:47 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Maybe calling someone an animal is a compliment, after all what other creature kills their own kind so needlessly the way humans do? None that I can think of.
lol

dream on, dreamer.

you know that's not the case.

got some real spin-doctor wannabes here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies