Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 02:39 AM

709 posts, read 658,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
no one says you cant have a gun but everyone should be saying that certain guns have no place. there is 0 reason to have the semi automatic guns that can be converted to full auto. people say its not the gun but the person yet i sawly that if this guy was in the same room with only a handgun then 59 people are not dead. from everything i read, these guns were purchased legally but with the amount of guns he had and the amount of ammo, how does that not trigger some type of flag for investigation? i mean...you deposit more than 10000 in the bank and the IRS is notified butsome can amass an arsenal and no one can question it? it makes no sense
Since you obviously aren’t very knowledgeable about firearms, take this information and reconsider your position:

ALL semiautomatic firearms are able to be “bump-fired” without any modification at all. It’s the nature of physic and how the firearm operates. There is no changing it. So, if you still want to ban semi-auto weapons, that means you’re essentially banning all guns. The only firearms that would be legal by that standard would be antiques, single shot firearms, revolvers, and pump or lever action shotguns and rifles.

Now, if the ban is still what you advocate, realize that you can try this and it’ll go one of two ways: the ban will occur and will be WIDELY ignored, and life will carry on as usual. Occasionally, someone will get arrested for their “arsenal “ of illegal guns, but it will be sporadic and only if the person was getting picked up for something else anyway. The second route would be a literal war. If confiscation is ever attempted en masse, there would be a small percentage of gun owners who resist. Keep in mind, a small percentage of gun owners is still a very large number. Estimates place gun ownership at roughly 30%. That’s over 100 million gun owners. If even 1% actively resisted, that is over 1 million motivated gun owners across the country. To put some perspective on that, there are currently approximately 1 million sworn law enforcement personnel in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 06:17 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,731,987 times
Quote:
no one says you cant have a gun but everyone should be saying that certain guns have no place. there is 0 reason to have the semi automatic guns that can be converted to full auto. people say its not the gun but the person yet i sawly that if this guy was in the same room with only a handgun then 59 people are not dead. from everything i read, these guns were purchased legally but with the amount of guns he had and the amount of ammo, how does that not trigger some type of flag for investigation? i mean...you deposit more than 10000 in the bank and the IRS is notified butsome can amass an arsenal and no one can question it? it makes no sense
" there is 0 reason to have the semi automatic guns that can be converted to full auto."

No REASON ACCORDING TO YOU.

Why have cars that can go 120 MPH when the fastest speed limit I know is is only 75MPH?

I can take a baseball bat, drill out the center and pour lead into it and make it a LOT more lethal.

Should we ban baseball bats because they "can be converted'?

All the, can be, might, if, could be and maybes in the world are a useless waste of time.

"but with the amount of guns he had and the amount of ammo, how does that not trigger some type of flag"

I know people who have LOT MORE then this guy and have them for YEARS and not 1 single person has been shot by ANY of them.

When you can figure out when someone will go crazy, comes back and talk to us!

Cars kill MORE then guns every Year.

There are people who have HUNDREDS of cars.

Should we be put a limit on how many care a person can have.

Thoughts like yours is why we CANNOT have REASONABLE discussions on guns.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:21 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,731,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
Since you obviously aren’t very knowledgeable about firearms, take this information and reconsider your position:

ALL semiautomatic firearms are able to be “bump-fired” without any modification at all. It’s the nature of physic and how the firearm operates. There is no changing it. So, if you still want to ban semi-auto weapons, that means you’re essentially banning all guns. The only firearms that would be legal by that standard would be antiques, single shot firearms, revolvers, and pump or lever action shotguns and rifles.

Now, if the ban is still what you advocate, realize that you can try this and it’ll go one of two ways: the ban will occur and will be WIDELY ignored, and life will carry on as usual. Occasionally, someone will get arrested for their “arsenal “ of illegal guns, but it will be sporadic and only if the person was getting picked up for something else anyway. The second route would be a literal war. If confiscation is ever attempted en masse, there would be a small percentage of gun owners who resist. Keep in mind, a small percentage of gun owners is still a very large number. Estimates place gun ownership at roughly 30%. That’s over 100 million gun owners. If even 1% actively resisted, that is over 1 million motivated gun owners across the country. To put some perspective on that, there are currently approximately 1 million sworn law enforcement personnel in the United States.
"single shot firearms,"

There are people who can fire a single shot pistol FASTER then a semi-auto one.

" the ban will occur and will be WIDELY ignored," as it is in many parts of NY where semi's of EVERY type are now banned.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:47 AM

2,645 posts, read 1,858,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" there is 0 reason to have the semi automatic guns that can be converted to full auto."

Why have cars that can go 120 MPH when the fastest speed limit I know is is only 75MPH?

I can take a baseball bat, drill out the center and pour lead into it and make it a LOT more lethal.

All the, can be, might, if, could be and maybes in the world are a useless waste of time.

"but with the amount of guns he had and the amount of ammo, how does that not trigger some type of flag"

I know people who have LOT MORE then this guy and have them for YEARS and not 1 single person has been shot by ANY of them.

Like the thoughts and rhetoric that you are spewing out really helps an intelligent conversation about common sense gun measures.

Maybe, like someone else mentioned, the Second Amendment needs to be abolished, just like the Electoral college; both Amendments are way out of date.

The NRA needs to be investigated by the FBI and CIA. That organization is full of hypocrites; they are not for teaching gun safety, they are a huge business, raking in tons of money through gun manufactures. And, putting congressmen and women that are supposed to be doing the business of the American people in office, helping with the contribution of killing innocent people. So many hypocrites; boggles the mind.

Last edited by mollygee; 10-09-2017 at 09:55 AM..

Old 10-09-2017, 10:19 AM

29,886 posts, read 14,940,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Like the thoughts and rhetoric that you are spewing out really helps an intelligent conversation about common sense gun measures.

Maybe, like someone else mentioned, the Second Amendment needs to be abolished, just like the Electoral college; both Amendments are way out of date.

The NRA needs to be investigated by the FBI and CIA. That organization is full of hypocrites; they are not for teaching gun safety, they are a huge business, raking in tons of money through gun manufactures. And, putting congressmen and women that are supposed to be doing the business of the American people in office, helping with the contribution of killing innocent people. So many hypocrites; boggles the mind.

They lobby legally just like many other large groups. Personally I think they should get rid of all forms of lobbying. Now why would the FBI and the CIA (?) need to investigate them ? I'm not even sure the CIA could even legally do that within our borders.

Oh , I so want to say something about the highlighted....I'll just take the high road though and leave it alone.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:48 PM

1,400 posts, read 870,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Console1 View Post
So according to gun control advocates, right now, the government has a fool in office that shouldn't be trusted, but we gotta let this fool take our guns so he can protect us; even though he's incompetent. The cops and military are labeled racist, but only they can have guns to protect us, for when a shooter illegally obtains a gun, and fires it in a gun-free zone. Law abiding citizens who follow the law are NOT to be trusted with guns because they can harm others; despite them being lawful citizens, and murder/violence already being illegal.

Is that right?
Yes, you are exactly correct, but you forgot one key point. The rich liberal elitist gun control advocates want to be able to keep their armed posse.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:56 PM

50,674 posts, read 47,518,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

People are literally stock piling ammo here before the ammo ban next July. Some want to make sure they have a life time supply without having to buy more. So no, it's no red flag when the Govt forces you to take action like they have in so many States.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:02 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,403,517 times
Quote:
no one says you cant have a gun..
That's an outright lie.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:12 PM

13,704 posts, read 20,874,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post

I am no fan of the NRA, but why would the CIA (let alone the FBI) investigate them?

As for amending the Constitution, that is possible. I suggest you read up on the process as it takes more than a knee-jerk whim.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:19 PM

50,674 posts, read 47,518,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That's an outright lie.
He means a single shot flint lock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies