Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 08:45 PM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Amazing how an ESPN reporter is held to a higher standard than potus.
Would you like for espn to fire trump?
Highlight of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
How glorious is it to see libs and snowflakes starting to eat their own?

1. The players are using the anthem/flag to protest Trump among other things...
2. Some blacks are protesting the NFL (~60% black) for not hiring Kapernick
3. Some people are protesting the players disrespecting the anthem/country
4. ESPN's own announcers are wanting people to boycott their sponsors
5. Rev Al wants people to boycott ESPN (a liberal network) for punishing #4

Everyone is boycotting and protesting each other.

Good times.
If we could just get Trump to tweet in favor of living on the dole, driving slow in the fast lane, and eating at McDonald's five times a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I don't thick ESPN has broadcast an NHL game in over 10 years. NBC has had the main NHL contract in the US for a long time now.
They broadcast NHL games?

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-09-2017 at 08:57 PM..

Old 10-09-2017, 09:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
The NHL didn't renew it's contract with ESPN because they were outbid, this occurred before the lockout even happened. I am not sure how this fits in to your original argument about employees being fired
Thats not true. It happened while the lockout was going on

Quote:
"given the prolonged work stoppage and the league's TV ratings history, no financial model even remotely supports the contract terms offered."

ESPN Passes on N.H.L. Television Rights, Ending 21-Year Relationship With League - The New York Times
because support by former players to keep the lockouts going hurt the bottom line.

Quote:
Another reason why Hill telling people to boycott the NFL severely hurts ESPN's bottom line. That being said, endorsements and lockout are not directly correlated. All of those players can still do promotional work during a lockout.
But now that promo work is worthless for how they were going to use it.

Quote:
Then your claim cannot be taken seriously. You can't say there were plenty, and then not even provide one name.
Im so sorry that I cant remember who specifically out of 300 on air personality supported what side in a dispute that happened 5+ years ago.

I like sports, but im not such a big fan that a dedicate memory to that subject.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:41 PM

30,169 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As I said, then why wasnt every member of ESPN that supported the player lockouts fired as well ?

Which is worse, a couple of people boycotting, or no games at all ????
I get it you like her cause she is hot.

But why would there be no games at all? That is not going to happen

You are clueless no point in explaining the obvious.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I get it you like her cause she is hot.

But why would there be no games at all? That is not going to happen

You are clueless no point in explaining the obvious.
Umm, no one mentioned her being hot except you.

My argument is about the actual lockouts that happened which meant there were less games those years than usual.

The only one who is clueless here is you. If you are going to respond to a string of post, please look at all the content in that string.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:20 PM

30,169 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Umm, no one mentioned her being hot except you.

My argument is about the actual lockouts that happened which meant there were less games those years than usual.

The only one who is clueless here is you. If you are going to respond to a string of post, please look at all the content in that string.
Well I assumed you must have some attraction to her because I have watched her ESPN show and she is horrible. If you are defending her because of her looks good for you.

I responded to what you said. Sorry I don't have time to read the endless posts you made, you have a lot of free time apparently.

She deserved to pay a price for what she said, Can you at least admit that?

Old 10-10-2017, 12:30 AM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Jemele Hill has been a sports reporter since before she graduated college, so she has 20 years of experience regardless of your "SJW" argument.
And with all that supposed "experience," she doesn't know any better than to sabotage her own network by calling for a boycott of its advertisers? Sorry, but that's pretty stupid. And incompetent. ESPN should fire her.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:52 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
This woman is a walking lobotomy gone awry.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Jemele Hill has been a sports reporter since before she graduated college, so she has 20 years of experience regardless of your "SJW" argument.
So it's not about how well you do anymore? Plenty of people have been a business for 20 years and aren't very good.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So it's not about how well you do anymore? Plenty of people have been a business for 20 years and aren't very good.
The individual I responded to simply defined her as not being a legitimate sports reporter.

I took that to mean she wasnt qualified for the job rather than his personal opinion on how well she does it.

Im assuming you either didnt read that person's post , or you disagree with my premise.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
The individual I responded to simply defined her as not being a legitimate sports reporter.

I took that to mean she wasnt qualified for the job rather than his personal opinion on how well she does it.

Im assuming you either didnt read that person's post , or you disagree with my premise.
It's about being good at your job. If one is no good they are not "legitimate". Someone who has been in the same field for 20 years doesn't necessarily mean they are good at their job. That person could actually get good ratings, which is what matters, and still not be considered good at that job.

She's nothing more than a filthy race card player. Fits right in with too many on the ethically and morally bankrupt left. Not that the rights polices are any better but they don't deflect and falsely play the race card likethat low life scumbag did.

I get it that you settle for mediocre. You've proven that time and time again with your support of failures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies