Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 07:41 PM

30,470 posts, read 19,224,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump just found a way to turn his own base against him and he is so dumb he is taking as much credit as he can for his new cross state borders EO.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...alth_care.html

If somehow he manages to force it in, Blue states will simply add laws requiring min standards and thus the Red states will see older and existing condition folks crushed under increasing Healthcare insurance costs.

the key reason for the increased costs on Red state folk, will be the new pools it creates. For them it will be the bad old days all over again...
This will propel Trump even higher....after all, look what's happened since Obama, Harry & Nancy passes "Odummycare"....the Demonic Rats controlled the Presidency, House, Senate at the time and now the Repubs control the House, Senate, Presidency, Supreme Court and the overwhelming majority most state Governors and Legislatures....every time the libs jump on Trump, I know he is killin it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,143,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Can't feel bad for red states, they got what they voted for.
Why should anyone feel sorry for them, they are getting what they want.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:58 PM

34,078 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This will propel Trump even higher....after all, look what's happened since Obama, Harry & Nancy passes "Odummycare"....the Demonic Rats controlled the Presidency, House, Senate at the time and now the Repubs control the House, Senate, Presidency, Supreme Court and the overwhelming majority most state Governors and Legislatures....every time the libs jump on Trump, I know he is killin it.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:06 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump just found a way to turn his own base against him and he is so dumb he is taking as much credit as he can for his new cross state borders EO.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...alth_care.html

If somehow he manages to force it in, Blue states will simply add laws requiring min standards and thus the Red states will see older and existing condition folks crushed under increasing Healthcare insurance costs.

the key reason for the increased costs on Red state folk, will be the new pools it creates. For them it will be the bad old days all over again...
You mean the "bad old days" when people could actually buy and afford the health insurance they wanted and needed? Back before annual premiums increased by more than 50% per year? When young people could get major medical for $50 a month to cover emergencies?

Old 10-12-2017, 08:08 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Why should anyone feel sorry for them, they are getting what they want.
Yes indeed.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:35 PM

12,976 posts, read 9,674,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
They lost Congress due to the population hating ACA shoved down their throat in 2010.
I understand that but, Trump and his party controls everything and he still have to use EO to get things done.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 PM

8,172 posts, read 3,693,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean the "bad old days" when people could actually buy and afford the health insurance they wanted and needed? Back before annual premiums increased by more than 50% per year? When young people could get major medical for $50 a month to cover emergencies?
Lol. Was this in 1900s sometime?
The individual insurance market was completely broken forever. Anything at reasonable cost covered nothing. So try again.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Note: Obamacare "brought health insurance to Americans" by forcing them to buy it or get covered under the Medicaid expansion under penalty of a "fee" or "fine. The Obamacare authors also badly underestimated how unpopular it would be with the "young invincibles". If these young invincibles didn't buy it mostly because they couldn't afford it they were forced to pay higher taxes which Democrats tried to disguise as a fee / fine.

Note: Insurance companies were abandoning Obamacare in droves even before Trump took office. The reason they are leaving is because they are finding it impossible to make money. That held true before Trump took office and is certainly true today.

The order attacks the very heart of Obamacare, which forces people to pay for coverage they don't need or want.

Obama and Democrats didn't have to blow up the entire system for everyone to satisfy a few. It will fail either way because premiums keep rising and people just can't afford it.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:46 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,734,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Note that Obamacare "brought health insurance to Americans" by forcing them to buy it or get covered under the Medicaid expansion under penalty of a "fee" or "fine. The Obamacare authors also badly underestimated how unpopular it would be with the "young invincibles" so instead, if these young invincibles couldn't afford to buy it they were forced to pay higher taxes which Democrats tried to disguise as a fine.

Insurance companies were abandoning Obamacare in droves even before Trump took office. The reason they are leaving is because they are finding it impossible to make money. That held true before Trump took office and is certainly true today.

The order attacks the very heart of Obamacare, which forces people to pay for coverage they don't need or want.
Now Trump is stopping the subsidy payments

Trump to cut off key ObamaCare payments | TheHill

I so want my blue state to create a market that serves our state only and only those who have lived here five or ten years can qualify so we don't get red state refugees. What Trump is doing with Obamacare, with Puerto Rico, with his lousy tax plan, etc. will harm many people including places like Kentucky.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Now Trump is stopping the subsidy payments

Trump to cut off key ObamaCare payments | TheHill

I so want my blue state to create a market that serves our state only and only those who have lived here five or ten years can qualify so we don't get red state refugees. What Trump is doing with Obamacare, with Puerto Rico, with his lousy tax plan, etc. will harm many people including places like Kentucky.
I care as much about that as you care about me being forced to pay full ticket price that cost me double than it did prior to Obamacare with double the deductible for insurance that does not fit our families needs. The insurance I had prior to Obamacare was MUCH! better at half the price. And then you expect me to support it? What part don't you get, many of us aren't getting the subsidy you are and we're sick of paying double to subsidize you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies