Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 12:55 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,472,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Do you feel the same way about the people in PR who kept voting for corrupt people who got them into the mess they are in now?

you do realize a large part of the problem was PR built an economy based on jobs that were beneficial to domicile in PR for tax reasons through US govt policy, then policy was stripped effectively decimating an economy built on a bubble built by US policy in first place? OR do you just like aping Brietbart talking points at face value?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 12:59 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,816,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
It's not really a cap. It's actually a "peg," meaning that all an insurer has to do to increase premiums charged to the elderly is to raise them across the board.

You might have had a minor point IF the young person's premium was fixed at a given rate, and could not be increased under any circumstances. That would be a cap.

That's not what we have here. Young persons' premiums are subject to increase, hence the elderly persons' premiums are as well.

Conclusion: The rates are not capped. Period. Not for the young, the middle-aged, or the elderly. End of story. Rather...one group of premiums is merely pegged to another, and if the peg rate can increase, so will rates for everyone else.
A peg is a cap. Any type of hard limitation on premiums is a cap. The cap is re-set annually according to the new minimum premiums.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:06 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,767,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
People are so funny. ....
Deplorable argument.
Quote:
fact is insurance companies wont compete across state lines or in new markets
Sure they will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
THANK YOU!!! There is nothing stopping them now in many instances from competing across state lines. It is an administrative nightmare which is why they don't do it.
Yes there is.

You guys are running scared that Trump has kept another promise. So you tell us why people won't support him because of it. How did that work for you in 2016?

Old 10-12-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
A peg is a cap....
It's wordsmithing to win argument.

North Carolina rates went up 120% in the last 3 years. and 300% of 120% is very very bad for those over 50. Specifically 50-65.

The math doesn't lie. Only the spin does.

This move is a great one by Trump.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,619,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Exactly, let them reap what they sowed.

I'm totally on board with that. I'm just curious - I've always had employer sponsored healthcare. What does someone do who is around 40 and loses their job? Where did they go for coverage before Obamacare?

Quote:
People are so funny. Dear Leader can say any crazy $hit he wants, fact is insurance companies wont compete across state lines or in new markets because it's hideously expensive to do so. The time and money involved with setting up provider networks who can service your insured patients is more than the ROI to do it. Essentially health insurers don't want to compete for health providers. Once again, the party of business shows a complete lack in understanding of...business.

There are ALREADY states were insurance can cross state lines. Here's the key - they have zero interest in doing that. Too much trouble and they don't WANT competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Reminds me of "If you like your Doctor, you can Keep your Doctor".

This is why Trump is President and not Hillary.
I liked my doctor and I kept my doctor - just like 99% of people out there.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:22 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,816,489 times
Quote:
It's wordsmithing to win argument.
Don't blame me because you don't know what a cap is.

Quote:
North Carolina rates went up 120% in the last 3 years. and 300% of 120% is very very bad for those over 50. Specifically 50-65.
Which would've been even bigger increases had Obamacare not been enacted.

Quote:
This move is a great one by Trump.
Trump could take a dump on your face and you'd claim it was a great move.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I
I liked my doctor and I kept my doctor - just like 99% of people out there.
Personal acnedote is argument and doesn't address what was posted.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,619,533 times
Quote:
Personal acnedote is argument and doesn't address what was posted.
Sure it does. 99% of the population kept their doctor.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:29 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,472,153 times
Quote:
Don't blame me because you don't know what a cap is.

Which would've been even bigger increases had Obamacare not been enacted.

facts don't matter to Waldo, only venerating Daddy...check tonight on InfoWars. Trump knocks out Grizzly bear in one shot while paying off national debt through tax cut for only people worth 5Bn and up.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
\
Wondered when you would make it personal. This speaks for itself. You have no argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies