Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 11:23 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Now this is a thread ending post. Using Trump's own words, no less.

**EOs are just a last resort "because you can't get anybody to agree with you," says Mr. Trump.

**Signing all those EOs are "a basic disaster," says Mr. Trump.

**He "wants to do away with executive orders for the most part," says Mr. Trump.

And he certainly wouldn't use them like President Obama did. Nope. Not him!

Except that the number of EOs signed by Trump has already far outpaced Obama.

Come one, everyone, let's hear you defend Trump from his own words

One shouldn't listen to a moron?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 11:59 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Hon. Donald J. Trump won NC by the largest percentage since 2004.
I was unaware Trump ran in 2004.

Whatever the "since 2004" means, it still wasn't a landslide. Yes, a lot of rural areas went for him, but there were plenty of blue and purple areas, too.

This isn't exactly West Virginia.

Also, one cannot ignore the extreme gerrymandering in this state. I do not think he could count on winning it a second time, if he's not in jail by 2020.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:25 PM

30,642 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
No, he was supposed to do it through legislation passed by Congress. But since he "couldn't get anyone to agree with him" he resorted to doing exactly what he berated President Obama for doing. Because if the only way to do it was through EOs he would have done that FIRST, right away, not 10 months later because he couldn't get it done through the legislature. You know, like he claimed he would.

Oh, we understand Trump hypocrisy very well.
While I think that President Trump ultimately wanted Congress to repeal and replace the entire law--and thus have no need for him to have to overturn previous executive orders with a new executive order (that's the reason for the delay)--ultimately, it is nonsensical to argue that it is hypocritical to overturn an executive with another executive order. That's ridiculous. What is a different story, however, is creating new "law" via executive order without giving Congress the chance the act as an initial matter. But that is hardly what we are dealing with here.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
He's still not over being made fun of at the Correspondents' Dinner.
I suspect he is "over" it ..... those Jokes really worked out well for the Leftists.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:

You're right about one thing--EOs are literally all Trump is doing. Has there ever been a more ineffectual first year of a presidency in the history of our country? I don't think so.
Funny stuff! Explain to me why the Leftists are in a Total Hysterical Meltdown over an "ineffectual" President?
IF he is really doing nothing ...... why the Hysteria and never ending Anti-Trump vilification in the Leftist Press?

I would think that the Leftists would love a "do nothing" President.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:05 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I suspect he is "over" it ..... those Jokes really worked out well for the Leftists.

The usual grump on his face says otherwise.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:06 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Funny stuff! Explain to me why the Leftists are in a Total Hysterical Meltdown over an "ineffectual" President?
IF he is really doing nothing ...... why the Hysteria and never ending Anti-Trump vilification in the Leftist Press?

I would think that the Leftists would love a "do nothing" President.
His total and complete incompetency is the one thing I like about Mr. Trump.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
His total and complete incompetency is the one thing I like about Mr. Trump.
That's good & we are making some progress - does this mean Leftists will stop with the Mass Hysteria, since Mr Trump is too "ineffective" to do anything at all? This should be exactly what you want - "ineffectual".

I know that I was always thrilled to see Obama doing parties, trips and rallies.
When they are "ineffectual", they are not doing any harm - it's why we only allow the Texas CongressCritters to get together in the Texas Legislature for 140 days ........ every other year.

You should be a Happy Camper.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:35 PM

30,642 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I was unaware Trump ran in 2004.

Whatever the "since 2004" means, it still wasn't a landslide. Yes, a lot of rural areas went for him, but there were plenty of blue and purple areas, too.

This isn't exactly West Virginia.

Also, one cannot ignore the extreme gerrymandering in this state. I do not think he could count on winning it a second time, if he's not in jail by 2020.
Gerrymandering has zero impact on a statewide election. And, Bush won NC by a very healthy margin in 2004. All other presidential election margins since have been smaller than Trump's margin of victory, at a time where delusional leftists thought they had the state in the bag. I still get giddy over Chris Matthews proclaiming "ain't that a *****" when the state was called for Trump

Old 10-13-2017, 03:09 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
So what was President Trump supposed to do? Let Obama's executive orders remain on the books

As @kevinm astutely noted:

Again, I don't know what is so difficult for leftists to understand about this concept.
Yuo low info's on the right don't get it - Trump has served up a big Nothingburger after 10 months in office and if you think tax reform is going anywhere guess again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies