Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 07:06 PM

459 posts, read 375,872 times

Advertisements

If Obama was the best president, Trump would have had zero shot at winning

Old 10-19-2017, 07:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Born in 59 and, in my opinion Obama was, beyond any doubt the best president of my time, second only to Bill Clinton. Although I did lose respect for Clinton when he held onto the lie,AFTER it was confirmed he had “sexual relations” with Ms. Lewinski, I still admired his “other” principles.
His other 'principles" that he's known for, he opposed. He fought against things which caused economic growth, even whined that the economy was going to crash and deficits were going to skyrocket..

The GOP, forced him to pass numerous bills he hated which he now takes credit for.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:08 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trump is a genius and would crush the last Dim President in an IQ battle. George W was average intelligence.
I heard Trump is the smartest man in the whole world and that his IQ is higher than all the professors at MIT put together!

Old 10-19-2017, 07:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
I was just lamenting this fact today, actually. I think the Republican Party is in a transition - at least I'm hoping that's the case. I'm not sure how it's going to end, but I think it's just a matter of time before a more intellectual conservatism emerges again. Reagan wasn't the most intellectual guy, but I do think of the 80s as a time when intelligent conservatives had a prominent role to play in our political culture. Conservatism was even considered "cool" by many young people at the time. (Oh, how times have changed. lol... Ugh.)

Old 10-19-2017, 07:26 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Okay, comservatives here are pretty much saying Trump is quite smart, even brilliant.

I guess I just have a different take on him -- I do not find Trump nor George Bush very smart. Trump -- A hard worker, yes.
An opportunist, yes.

But he is his own worst enemy because he can't think things through clearly, intelligently,
non impulsively. has a ridiculous ego and lacks self control. He alienates and makes enemies out of the very people and allies he needs for success. These are not "smart" qualities. But his outsized ego gives him the courage to go after the corrupt media, the lazy RINOs, and expose liberals for what they are. But that doesn't make him smart.

And I also don't think he is anything NEAR what the Dems portray him as a racist psychotic greedy moron.
But highly intelligent? no way, sorry.

I do think if Trump were not so ignorant and combative we could be so much farther ahead with these important policies.
Maybe it's not deep ignorance, just deep immaturity?

I don't want to turn this into an anti Trump thread, as I am actually happily surprised with much of his presidency so far, am just curious why Rs keep picking what I perceive as not very smart presidents when there are so many other brilliant conservatives to pick from.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:27 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Born in 59 and, in my opinion Obama was, beyond any doubt the best president of my time, second only to Bill Clinton. Although I did lose respect for Clinton when he held onto the lie,AFTER it was confirmed he had “sexual relations” with Ms. Lewinski, I still admired his “other” principles.
Lol.

I guess you consider division and that piece of crap ACA successful?

Old 10-19-2017, 07:49 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I heard Trump is the smartest man in the whole world and that his IQ is higher than all the professors at MIT put together!
Well good for you

Old 10-19-2017, 07:53 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I never related to Trump (I supported Kasich and also liked Rubio and Rand).

I think your premise might be a bit flawed.

#1 Trump won the primary because some polling suggested that more than 2/3rds of Republican voters felt betrayed by the Republican Party - and Trump was a wrecking ball promising to tear crap down in the party and elsewhere.

#2 Working backwards the Republican candidates were: Trump (who won as anti-establishment), Romney (who is smart), McCain (who is smart enough), GWBush (well....I think he won more because he had the name and connections), Dole (who is fine), Bush Senior (who was smart).....that really isn't a bad list...you only have two people to seriously question on intelligence and they had "reasons" that they won, whether or not those reasons were good reasons.
Romney is a fake republican. Every single one of his beliefs and ideologies align more with the democrats. We did want a faux republican president. Trump is doing fine as President.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:05 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
Most sane Dems admit Obama sucked

Per the highly respected :choke:choke: Official Mudduck poll? ROFLMAO!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...pproval_rating

Last polls for President Barrack Obama

Polling group Date Approval
Gallup Poll[j] January 17–19, 2017 59%
Rasmussen Reports[k] January 15–17, 2017 62%
Fox News[l] January 15–17, 2017 57%
CBS News[m] January 13–16, 2017 62%
ABC News/The Washington Post January 12–15, 2017 60%
CNN/ORC January 12–15, 2017 60%
Monmouth University January 12–15, 2017 58%
NBC/The Wall Street Journal[n] January 12–15, 2017 56%
Quinnipiac University January 5–9, 2017 55%
Pew Research Center January 4–9, 2017 55%
Suffolk University/USA Today December 14–18, 2016 54%
Bloomberg Politics December 2-5, 2016 54%

Looks like it wasn't just sane Dems that approved of Obama. But some sane Republicans and Independents too. Unless you claim that ALL pollsters stacked the deck FOR Obama and against TRUMP. Trump's got a lot to live up to and he's bombing out everyday. Sad that Republicans voted for the booby prize. The big boob Loser-in-Chief.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:29 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Serious question for Republicans and Conservatives -- meanspirited hatemongering democrat trolls please move on...

i understand and even applaud the populism that drove Trump to win. I agree with much of his policiy agendas.

We had sixteen highly talented, highly educated, high IQ primary candidates (well maybe not Jeb) but we keep electing Low IQ candidates. Face it -- George Bush and Trump are not that intelligent.

Mitt Romney was.

Ted Cruz, Rubio, and Rand Paul could spin circles intellectually around any liberal politician. (And Ted Cruz had most of the same Trump agenda) So could most of our high IQ congressional and cabinet members -- Chavez, Gowdy, Nikki Haley, etc etc
We have so many high IQ Comservatives -- much more than the Dems, who have so many ignorant goofballs, radicals, divisive anarchists, and lowlifes, but we keep ending up with the low IQ winners.

Even with all the many low IQ and goofball Dems, they can still find and elect high IQ winners such as Bill Clinton and Obama.

What's the deal?
Do a lot of the R base not trust not relate to the smarter candidates?

Again -- leftist hate-monger trolls please move on to the next thread
Presidents = Puppets. Do you know any smart puppets?

The real rulers are the high ranking lifers in the Military Industrial Complex and they've discovered you can get more done from behind the curtain than from under the spotlight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies