Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 09:39 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,781,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Serious question for Republicans and Conservatives -- meanspirited hatemongering democrat trolls please move on...

i understand and even applaud the populism that drove Trump to win. I agree with much of his policiy agendas.

We had sixteen highly talented, highly educated, high IQ primary candidates (well maybe not Jeb) but we keep electing Low IQ candidates. Face it -- George Bush and Trump are not that intelligent.

Mitt Romney was.

Ted Cruz, Rubio, and Rand Paul could spin circles intellectually around any liberal politician. (And Ted Cruz had most of the same Trump agenda) So could most of our high IQ congressional and cabinet members -- Chavez, Gowdy, Nikki Haley, etc etc
We have so many high IQ Comservatives -- much more than the Dems, who have so many ignorant goofballs, radicals, divisive anarchists, and lowlifes, but we keep ending up with the low IQ winners.

Even with all the many low IQ and goofball Dems, they can still find and elect high IQ winners such as Bill Clinton and Obama.

What's the deal?
Do a lot of the R base not trust not relate to the smarter candidates?

Again -- leftist hate-monger trolls please move on to the next thread
Because Cruz is a bigger phony than Hillary and that is saying a lot. Rand Paul is an a-hole who lives in a bubble and who would be happy to have America look like Calcutta in the 1970’s. Rubio is another hack and a hypocrite but he is a much better actor than Cruz.

Trump is a consummate BS artist and the populace went with what they WANTED to hear. Some people just don’t analyze on their own. Listening to a hack is easier.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:55 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,647,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Lol.

I guess you consider division and that piece of crap ACA successful?
There are 22 million more Americans now who currently have Health insurance because of the ACA along with people not being kicked off insurance because of pre-existing conditions in addition to having people under the age of 26 able to stay on their parent's plan.

I guess your idea of success is lining the pockets of Insurance CEOs instead.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,225,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
There are 22 million more Americans now who currently have Health insurance because of the ACA along with people not being kicked off insurance because of pre-existing conditions in addition to having people under the age of 26 able to stay on their parent's plan.

you could have expanded Medicaid, and got similar results at a much lower cost.

If handing out free ****s all that mattered

Old 10-20-2017, 04:05 AM

26,594 posts, read 15,165,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Romney is a fake republican. Every single one of his beliefs and ideologies align more with the democrats. We did want a faux republican president. Trump is doing fine as President.

Democrats were saying he was to the right of Barry Goldwater. Republicans saying he was to the left of Elizabeth Warren.

Poor Mitt.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:13 AM

18,473 posts, read 7,121,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I was just lamenting this fact today, actually. I think the Republican Party is in a transition - at least I'm hoping that's the case. I'm not sure how it's going to end, but I think it's just a matter of time before a more intellectual conservatism emerges again. Reagan wasn't the most intellectual guy, but I do think of the 80s as a time when intelligent conservatives had a prominent role to play in our political culture. Conservatism was even considered "cool" by many young people at the time. (Oh, how times have changed. lol... Ugh.)

I'm not sure how "intellectual" it is for Conservatives to think that they must pander more to left wing ideology in order to win elections.

Trump proved that theory dead wrong.

If Republicans are in "transition" they had better be transitioning back to actually being Conservatives.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:20 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,920,148 times
IQ map of US based on test scores:

Old 10-20-2017, 05:39 AM

34,278 posts, read 18,657,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm not sure how "intellectual" it is for Conservatives to think that they must pander more to left wing ideology in order to win elections.

Trump proved that theory dead wrong.

If Republicans are in "transition" they had better be transitioning back to actually being Conservatives.
I agree with this. The fundamentals of Conservative fiscal values work. It is just being adult about how to run things.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:42 AM

12,047 posts, read 6,599,985 times
Default Two polls showing Rs smarter than Ds

Dothetwist -- there is no link to your map, date, nor info on how they analyzed the info, so I am suspicious of it.

Here is a NEW 2016 comprehensive study that's current and in depth showing republicans are smarter than democrats
https://www.truthjustice.net/politic...han-democrats/

Quote:
The study looked at several waves of participants from the General Social Survey. It included four seperate measures of intelligence. Probability knowledge was measured by asking participants to solve basic probability problems. Verbal intelligence was measured by asking participants to describe the ways in which various items were similar. A vocabulary test was also given. Finally, interviewers rated how well participants seemed to understand the questions they were being asked. This last measure is more subjective than the rest. But a person’s IQ test score is known to correlate with how intelligent other people think they are. Political identity was measured on an eight point scale. Participants could identify as a strong republican, a not strong republican, an independent near republican, an independent, an independent near democrat, a not strong democrat, a strong democrat, or other.

The study found that republicans scored better than democrats on all 4 measures of intelligence. The gap was largest when comparing strong republicans to strong democrats (3-5 points) and weakest when comparing everyone to the right and everyone to the left of independent (1-2.45 points). This study also contained a sub group analysis in which only white participants were compared. Restricting the analysis to whites lessened the gap some, and even eliminated it on some of the tests, but white republicans still came out as smarter than white democrats. The study also found that the association between being a Republicans and IQ was partially mediated by republicans having more money than democrats.

And here's another poll from left-leaning PEW showing Rs are smarter than Ds.
Are Republicans Smarter than Democrats? New Leftist Poll says, Yes!

The results show a stark contrast along partisan lines in knowledge levels. Put another way, the Pew research showed that leftists are really stupid.

Last edited by mountainrose; 10-20-2017 at 06:54 AM..

Old 10-20-2017, 05:51 AM

18,473 posts, read 7,121,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

And a good portion of those 22 million were young, healthy people who may not have even wanted health insurance but were forced to buy due to the mandate.

And the cost for covering those people and preexisting conditions?

Screwing over 300 million others, whose premiums and deductibles skyrocketed to the point that it made their policies practically useless.

BRILLIANT!!

Old 10-20-2017, 05:53 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,857,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Didn't all you brilliant lefties nominate hillary?
No. And no, not all of us went for Bernie either...

"The only way to win is to not play the game."

Some of don't bother to vote, because we know that nothing really changes except the names on the doors, or on the desks.

So no, not all of us brilliant 'lefties' nominated Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies