Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 01:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Well, okay. I'd rather a Nazi hate me though, but to each his own.
Don’t be like that. This is a good story.

Some posters on here (that will go unnamed) are actually angry that the black dude didn’t punch the Nazi because it robbed them of the opportunity to paint a black dude as the bad guy. The poster I quoted in my last post is a good example, but he’s not the only one.

Anyway, just see it for what it is...a good moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 01:42 PM

526 posts, read 387,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Anyway, just see it for what it is...a good moment.

Agreed. Few and far between on here.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:45 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,926,121 times
Quote:
Perhaps the most awesome way to handle this scenario.

We need to talk to each other.

I bet we'd find that when people hear other people's stories, it's much easier to relate to one another. And it breaks down divisions and gets people to see other perspectives more easily. Instead of viewing that person in front of you as an enemy, you'll see them as a person who is just trying to make their way through this thing called life.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:46 PM

33,594 posts, read 18,215,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Agreed.
They are taught to hate. How can anyone hate someone merely by the pigmentation in their skin??

This is misguided and can be overcome. Just like Martin Luther King and his wisdom knowing we are more alike.

We should judge by character not skin color. Whoever started this concept is evil. Racism with no reason. We can do much better than this. We are one race,created by God and beautifully made. We are blessed by differences . I am so glad we are not clones and don't all look alike. We should appreciate our differences and know we are much more alike because we are all of the human race . A power so strong emanates from our spirit that transcends any differences we have.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wouldn't have hugged that Nazi. I don't ask why a Neo-Nazi hates me. It's just the way a Neo-Nazi is. They hate anyone that isn't White, and that is what it is. It is in their ideology. Hate is what they know.
Perhaps.

I also think many people are just lost. Or are ignorant. Or just don't know what they believe, but feel angry and fall into this crap.

Some people might be lost causes - but I don't think it hurts to engage people and talk to them. Not necesarilly to hear their hateful rhetoric - but rather to get them to see YOUR perspective. After they learn about you, about your life, or about your experiences, they might begin to change their thinking.

Education and interaction I think are the best paths with these kind of people. If that fails...well, we can go back to ignoring them. But it doesn't hurt to try.

Yelling and screaming at them just gives them the attention they want, and the justification that they think they deserve.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:49 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,660,723 times
Quote:

That is pretty cool. Thanks for posting this. Indeed returning hate for hate is tossing kerosene on a brushfire. It's nice to see more positive engagement. It's no surprise this would go viral in a big way. The Nazi type may soon regret it if he's inked himself with Hitler humper graphics. Something like this may have him rethinking his life. Him and others as well....

Old 10-20-2017, 01:49 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,570,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Honestly, I would. I think too often we forget that we are all one race of humans and if this guy was standing by himself and was being attacked like he was, I would have told the crowd to stop and tried to positively engage him.

I do think that most people do want to do good and be good and that often racists are just ignorant or hurting in some way due to past slights or trying to fit in somewhere. Kindness can be much stronger than disdain or violence to make an impact on someones life.
This is an awesome post.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:50 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,969,471 times
The world needs more actions like this.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That black dude gave his name in the article. Which is scary.

Seriously, the SJWs aren't going to like that he didn't punch or stab the Nazi. He'll probably get death threats from the SJWs.
I've never considered myself a "SJW" (but might be considered it by some here) - but I love what the guy did.

<shrug>...

Old 10-20-2017, 01:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
Agreed. Few and far between on here.
It's an amazing story.

The hugger is a local. He's also in a profession that has him as a mentor to high school kids. He heard about the rally and had no idea who Spencer was. It peaked his interest and he read up on Spencer. He went to protest the rally and took the opportunity to give his hug.

The hugger is a hero. Finally someone using their brain to fulfill what their heart says.

It took guts to hug the Nazi after the Nazi had been a victim of violence immediately prior to the exchange.

I'm not even using the hugger's name because I don't want one more Google search to come up with his identity. The SJWs have to be fuming over this. He's a brave soul for not punching and then hugging the Nazi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies