Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:14 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, everyone is a rich retiree on the internet if you let them tell it.

At best, you’re riding around the country with a pickup and a 5th wheel going from one campsite to another.

Let’s not get carried away as if you’re flying to Canne, then you’re departing for Malta.
I've been to Cannes, but I've never heard of Canne .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 07:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

In other words, water is wet. They hate activist judges, except those with whom they agree with. Just like they hate identity politics, except if it's white male identity politics

The white male is the new Jew, in Nazi America.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:25 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
This country needs a conservative judiciary at all levels to reign in the rampant liberalism that threatens to destroy everything America stands for.
Why don't you list those things for us .......there seems to be some confusion as to what those things might actually be.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:03 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The white male is the new Jew, in Nazi America.
What rulings do you feel were important or biased by these activist courts.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:52 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Some conservatives re fiscally conservative, some socially, I happen to be both. How a more conservative, either or both, will rule does not cause me to be fearful. That is progressive's job, to live in fear. It is all in the heart and soul. Why else's words like protect, defend, resist. All fearful words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
dismiss it as much as you like. Yet you know i am correct. Conservative Judges are not just socially conservative they are fiscal extremists too. And record of rulings speaks for itself.

Maybe instead of posting your eye rolling rebuttal you should instead take a few minutes and look it up. as i say the records speak for themselves you don't need to take my word at all.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:56 AM

So, I'm concerned about politicization, at this point. I take my chances with Scalia and Thomas law clerks being nominated and confirmed for the federal judiciary, district, circuit, supreme. It is all good. And as I had to remind your buddy evil cart, this conservative does not live in fear.

That is for progressives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You never know quite what your getting when you appoint a judge, this goes back to Sandra Day O'Connor. An even handed court strikes a balance, what important decisions would you expect from a conservative court.

Seems to me that with Gorsuch replacing Scalia they are back to where they were in any event. People are tending to believe that all the courts in the land are too left leaning, other than very few decisions I don't see the case being made. Trump supporters tend to believe that this administration is capable of far too much, repeal ACA, the wall, balanced budget but none of that has come to pass.

Anthony Scalia was confirmed by around 97-0, it's a shame that Trump is now attempting to politicize the courts well beyond any of his predecessors.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I've been to Cannes, but I've never heard of Canne .
No, it’s the opposite. You’ve heard of Cannes, but you’ve never been there.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:04 PM

Unfortunately, progressives do not understand the term federal judiciary. The judge, Derrick Watson, in Hawaii who continues to block Trump administration travel bans is a Federal District judge. Not even Circuit Court of Appeals. On the one hand, this shows the strength of our republican form of government so wisely crafted by the founders. On the other hand it is teeth-grinding, because of the time it takes to get a final constitutional ruling. So be it.

God Bless Hamilton, Madison and the many others. Same wise folks who gave us the Electoral College and the states originally selecting their representative, United States Senators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Obama and Clinton have appointed 4 judges to The Supreme Court, so no one has "dominated for decades".

Even more important are the 179 judgeships on the 13 US Courts of Appeal that sit just below The Supreme Court. There is no way to get rid of judges who rule against things like common sense immigration, so the only thing to do is cram as many conservative judges in as possible. And that's what Trump and McConnell are doing.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:07 PM

Yeah, nuts, right? If you lookout the wording of the poster you responded too, it all about that boogeyman, fear. Lol.

Oh and add resistance to their fear lexicon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"a conservative panel will erode worker rights..."

Heaven forbid a worker ACTUALLY WORK for their pay and benefits!

Old 10-23-2017, 12:10 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Executive orders are not bills and speaks volumes regarding his inability to work even within his own party to get legislation passed.............
Meh... Obama signed 46 bills into law in his first 200 days; Trump signed 44. And 13 of those laws rolled back a law that Obama passed.

Obama signed 14 laws his first 100 days; Trump signed 28.
Obama signed 1,122,000 words into law!

It will take a while to undo the damage done by Obama. Trump is working on it, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies