Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 07:48 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,123,063 times

Advertisements

I have a new found respect for Bob Corker. Calling it like it is saying Trump is a flat out liar (we already knew this), no role model for kids (knew that too), "debasing our nation" (yup, been knew that), not even trying to be competent. This was an amazing and stunning rebuke of a sitting POTUS by the chairman of the GOP Foreign relations committee of his OWN party. Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 07:51 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,123,063 times
Trump slams Corker ahead of Hill visit - CNNPolitics

Old 10-24-2017, 07:51 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times
I have no respect for Corker because he only became liberated once he decided he wasn't running for reelection

Old 10-24-2017, 07:53 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Plenty of influential people after criticizing Trump. All to no value, alas, as Trump's questionable intellect and reptilian emotional intelligence renders him unable to process criticism. I guess that is why he's the first President to publicly fight with Gold Star families.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:54 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I have no respect for Corker because he only became liberated once he decided he wasn't running for reelection
Fair comment, and maybe the same applies (differently) to McCain, but it's a tough balance for any of them.

Assuming they have good intentions, they have to play the game to even have a voice. If they unleash like that when running, their party won't back them, and they they have no voice, no platform.

While I agree with your sentiment, I give him and McCain credit for doing the right thing, even if it's only on the way out.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:56 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
I disagree. I have enormous respect for him. Maybe he didn’t want to lose his seat in part because he felt he could help keep Trump in check. He’s in Tennessee, and the craziest pro-Trump candidate would probably always win a GOP primary there, and reality is he had to keep that in mind.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:57 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,404,541 times
Kudos to Sen. Corker. Trump gives no respect and in return gets no respect. Karma they say is a b*tch.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:58 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Fair comment, and maybe the same applies (differently) to McCain, but it's a tough balance for any of them.

Assuming they have good intentions, they have to play the game to even have a voice. If they unleash like that when running, their party won't back them, and they they have no voice, no platform.

While I agree with your sentiment, I give him and McCain credit for doing the right thing, even if it's only on the way out.
McCain has consistently been speaking out against Trump, even before the election, even when he was running for re-election at the same time himself.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:01 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
McCain has consistently been speaking out against Trump, even before the election, even when he was running for re-election at the same time himself.
Wrong. When running for reelection in Arizona he supported Trump and his agenda in all of his ads. He and Corker are in it for themselves, not the country. Now that Corker won't win reelection and McCain is dying of brain cancer, they can be as nasty towards him as they want because they have nothing to lose now.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:02 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,798 times
Quote:
Wish all Congessmen would have the courage to speak their minds...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies