Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 10:13 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,454,826 times

Advertisements

I read the news this morning and saw that "a second woman has come forward".

Oh God, here we go again.

I'm not even a fan of the Bushes and didn't vote for them, but this is disgusting to me. I am tired of everyone coming forward to claim that some famous person ogled or patted them, or made a sexual joke in their presence. It's getting old. I've also been sexually harassed in various ways, but I dealt with it privately and moved on with my life. I didn't run to media about it.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:15 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,454,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
His PR crew apologized for making her feel uncomfortable. From the statement, HW is a rump patter. Rump patting and groping aren't the same thing.

Put it the other way. A lot of women are huggers. Having someone I've just met hug me is kind of awkward but whatever. Worse yet you have the cheek kissers. Having someone I just met two seconds ago rubbing their lips on my face? Awkward, just awkward. .
Perhaps these women need to consider that hugging and kissing cheeks without permission first, could also be deemed sexual assault. They should be held to the same standards that they insist men should be.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,627,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I do not believe her.
Well, he's already admitted it and apologized so there's that.

Just another old man that likes to put his hands on a woman's fanny.

Nothing new here under the sun.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,627,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I read the news this morning and saw that "a second woman has come forward".

Oh God, here we go again.

I'm not even a fan of the Bushes and didn't vote for them, but this is disgusting to me. I am tired of everyone coming forward to claim that some famous person ogled or patted them, or made a sexual joke in their presence. It's getting old. I've also been sexually harassed in various ways, but I dealt with it privately and moved on with my life. I didn't run to media about it.
Well, no one cares if you run to the media unless the person touching your a$$ was famous.

While I don't want this to turn into a witch hunt - I DO think it needs to see the light of day. Inappropriate touching is inapropriate touching no matter who does it.

Men that pat women on the ass need to change their behavior - period. If a woman is patting someone like that - then she needs to change her behavior.

It's time to stop the nonsense.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:20 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
His PR crew apologized for making her feel uncomfortable. From the statement, HW is a rump patter. Rump patting and groping aren't the same thing.

Put it the other way. A lot of women are huggers. Having someone I've just met hug me is kind of awkward but whatever. Worse yet you have the cheek kissers. Having someone I just met two seconds ago rubbing their lips on my face? Awkward, just awkward. Do I make a huge deal out of it? No, but I will ask people not to do it if I'm going to be frequently subjected to it. Half the time they don't remember as they're just cheek kissers. HW is a rump patter. Setting the threshold of sexual assault so low that any physical contact that makes someone uncomfortable is sexual assault just makes sexual assault meaningless.

Not to get all graphic, but skinny dipping when I was about 12 I had an older boy swim up and put my dick in his mouth. That's sexual assault, given at 12 it was more wtf. Gave him a good knee and got the hell out of dodge and that was that. The 70-year-old lady who cuts my hair and is a cheek kisser. Not sexual assault. She's just old school Italian. Old people are touchier, just how they sometimes are. It's both a product of their time and that nobody really finds a 90-year-old in a wheelchair threatening. I doubt calling him out on Twitter is going to change anything. A more effective way would be speaking to him at the time rather than deciding it wasn't a big deal and then four years later taking to Twitter and saying it amounted to assault.
Yes... but, patting her rear end and making a creepy comment wasn't okay. And, if she tucked it away and tried not to think of it, but was reminded of it when she saw him onstage, well, so be it.

There are no laws saying she cannot bring it up, and since his folks are offering apologies, it's clear they know he does this crap without asking.

I kinda like GHW, but come on. Let's not attack this woman for speaking up about something a former president did to her that made her uncomfortable. He knows he does it. It's not like it was a secret.

Sexual assault is unwanted intrusion into a person's personal space, touching parts of their body for which touching is generally reserved to a permission-only basis. Her rear end qualifies, if he touched it on purpose. Which, clearly, he did.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:22 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, he's already admitted it and apologized so there's that.

Just another old man that likes to put his hands on a woman's fanny.

Nothing new here under the sun.
This is my take on it.

The good I see coming from this is that if more women in positions of access to media speak out about this and how they don't like it, it may just affect a larger, societal change. This may mean that ALL men are less likely to be squeezing behinds, boobs, grabbing crotches, etc without gaining permission.

That's a societal plus.

And, GHW isn't going to suffer over this. Come on. He's OLD. He didn't rape anyone.

He was just inappropriately handsy.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:36 AM

38,857 posts, read 25,648,661 times
Cool So, Bush41 has apologized?

Well, the old guy's friskier than I ever thought he was.

But this whole thing seems overblown to me.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:50 AM

1,348 posts, read 796,191 times
RedZin - I think you are perceiving this issue exactly right.

Many do not seem to understand what is happening. Perhaps because they're young and don't grasp how loooong this has been a problem. The Clarence Thomas hearings blew the door open this issue as most people had no idea it was so pervasive and threatening to women.

But, it's now 2017 and look how much of this crap is still happening!!!! So, clearly, males have not gotten the memo. And also, obviously, way too many of them are sick.

For those who don't understand what is happening right now: the doors are being blown off of this issue and the creepy buggers are being hauled out into the light for all to see. It is long past time for this.

Yes, even old man George gets called out. No, his offense is not as grave as others but he still has no right to do what he's done and his wife or handlers should prevent it. Period.

So, buckle your seatbelts, folks. Because it looks like this is going to continue and it's about time. There are more creeps and bad behavior to expose. Bring it.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:55 AM

37,546 posts, read 19,416,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
He already had to apologize to another woman for a "power grab". The old letcher should have kept his hands to himself.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:58 AM

39,178 posts, read 51,494,558 times
Good for HW! To have lived for so long and still be a perv groper, well, what can you say? We should all be so fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies