Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 02:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
ISIS was created at a U.S. run detention facility by prisoners there. That’s where al-Baghdadi and fellow prisoners at Abu Ghraib and Camp Bucca we’re introduced and formed the Islamic state of Iraq, an offshoot of Al Qeada. They later became ISIS.

Thanks Republicans, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.
Rank BS.

Better than Ostupid. He never shut down Gitmo as he promised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 02:04 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Rank BS.

Better than Ostupid. He never shut down Gitmo as he promised.
So it is Obama's fault? Who opened Gitmo?

Your lack of respect isn't shocking at all. You live in your own mind which is a tiny world.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:06 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post

Your lack of respect isn't shocking at all. You live in your own mind which is a tiny world.
It is Barack Hussein's fault for retreating in Afghanistan and Iraq and allowing ISIS to take over parts of the country that President Bush had already conquered and we controlled.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't recall hearing any of this ISIS horrids before the U.S. destroyed a country and millions of people.
No, our invasion filled Iraq with Al Qaeda and other terrorists, which later became ISIS.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post

On transferring people out of Gitmo I would have gone oops, over the side they go and soon they would have been shark poo. See the prison is on one side while the main base is around the headland. Only access is by boat.

Sharks got to eat too.

I have every respect for the office of presidency, I had no respect for the last idiot who occupied it for 8 years.

But you can pass all the insults to me while protecting your well spoken and clean fool.

I don’t care since I know liberals think with emotions instead of common sense.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
It doesn't matter what you call it.

It's all Mad Max brought about by our war machines. It's not going to stop until we stop occupying the world. Even then it won't stop since it has already got a good foothold (doesn't matter what you call it).

Look at this recent situation - now we are screwing the Kurds...our staunchest allies and the most secular of the native fighting forces. Next thing they will be turning against us also.

The problem here is that you and I may look at this as "bad" or "negative". This is like saying Cancer Centers of America looks at red meat and air pollution as "bad". Both (the military industrial complex and the medical complex) total together about 4 TRILLION dollars per year.

I would try to explain how much money that is....but it's hard to. Even one trillion is 40X the money of the richest person in the world (depending on stock price).

4 Trillion is a lot of money to spread around. Wrap it in a flag and the "capitalist democratic ways" and it's win-win-win for those suckling on it.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:08 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
On transferring people out of Gitmo I would have gone oops, over the side they go and soon they would have been shark poo. See the prison is on one side while the main base is around the headland. Only access is by boat.

Sharks got to eat too.

I have every respect for the office of presidency, I had no respect for the last idiot who occupied it for 8 years.

But you can pass all the insults to me while protecting your well spoken and clean fool.

I don’t care since I know liberals think with emotions instead of common sense.
Thank goodness we have emotions or we'd be like that TERD in the WH now...talk about no emotions...every emotion he puts out is written for him by others so that he comes across with some compassion.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:08 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It is Barack Hussein's fault for retreating in Afghanistan and Iraq and allowing ISIS to take over parts of the country that President Bush had already conquered and we controlled.
Last I checked we were still in Afghanistan and we should have never been in Iraq.

As to T-310's comment, I am not a liberal and I wasn't even a big fan of Obama. I just know he wasn't all the crap you guys call him and then some. He is 100 times the president Trump will ever be.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:11 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What a joke! Let me guess. You were one of the 25% who still supported GW when he left office?

History has already been written. GW is at the bottom of the pile and his foreign policy moves are considered the worst in American History. That's not just bad.....that's world changing.

We never controlled anything in Iraq other than the Green Zone. Read.
In Afghanistan we controlled (barely) the big airbase.

Other than that we paid large sums of cash in attempts to get some of the local tribes to get along. We paid much of this to opiate dealers, arms dealers and other shady characters - including the brother of the Prime Minister.

If you are not thoughtful enough to put together your own timelines and just have to repeat Trumpie BS, that's the first problem. You probably shouldn't be discussing politics.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:15 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It doesn't matter what you call it.

It's all Mad Max brought about by our war machines. It's not going to stop until we stop occupying the world. Even then it won't stop since it has already got a good foothold (doesn't matter what you call it).

Look at this recent situation - now we are screwing the Kurds...our staunchest allies and the most secular of the native fighting forces. Next thing they will be turning against us also.

The problem here is that you and I may look at this as "bad" or "negative". This is like saying Cancer Centers of America looks at red meat and air pollution as "bad". Both (the military industrial complex and the medical complex) total together about 4 TRILLION dollars per year.

I would try to explain how much money that is....but it's hard to. Even one trillion is 40X the money of the richest person in the world (depending on stock price).

4 Trillion is a lot of money to spread around. Wrap it in a flag and the "capitalist democratic ways" and it's win-win-win for those suckling on it.
What, then, is the excuse for the hundreds of years prior that Islam was swinging their swords, beheading people, and slaughtering and conquering?

I think you need to learn some history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies