Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 11:51 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Both conservatives and liberals should be embracing this as a good first step.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 11:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Hey, my high taxes goes towards accessibility, Where else in this country do you get 24/7 public transportation. I don't own a car because of that. I can walk to the park, movie theater, wine store, 5 star restaurant. My high taxes go to living in one of the greatest cities in the world.

If i wanted to pay no state taxes I would move to boring florida where old people go to die.
So you expect the rest of the nation to subsidize your taxes so you can have a bus?

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I'm giddy at the possibility that the federal taxpayers will no longer be subsidizing governments in the coastal states. Why should the rest of us be subsidizing their bloated state budgets? Hope this tax law passes with flying colors through both houses of Congress.

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
here's the thing- we pay for the services we use in high tax states, unlike the Kentucky and Louisiana's of the world who feed off the federal government trough to fund their state budgets. I also find it ironic and highly partisan that those who constantly decree how much they hate taxes and hate the double taxation of the estate tax that hits 5K per year at best, somehow love double taxation when it eliminates SALT.

Also- those of you cheering the standard deduction raise don't seem to get how the loss of the personal exemption alone screws you.
Yep if you have 3 or more kids the increased standard deduction doesn't help you.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:53 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Since we currently have the highest corporate tax rate in the world, the idea is to keep business from fleeing the country. Some, including me, were hoping to see it go to 15%.

Liberals always fail to see the cause and effect relationship of taxation. They somehow think the more you tax the better off the country is. I don't see how that works, but that's what they think.

The top 10% are currently paying 70% of all taxes. And the left thinks they aren't taxed enough!
fake

our corps currently pay about 26% and are plus or minus 1% most of our competitors.

I know you fox set won't believe it and i know there is little point providing proof because will either deny it or ignore it like you always do. so look it up 10 times from 10 sources and you will find every gov in every nation pretends to have a higher rate but they all create tricks to ensure the real cost is much lower.
This way they can whine and attack any nation with a low headline rate.
This should not be news to you.
if you want to argue the effective rate in terms of where in the twenties it really is, i am fine with that. But the idea that US corps pay the highest rate or even have the highest rate is poppycock and you know it.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:54 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
Did this plan take out the loopholes businesses already use to pay less than their 30% tax rate?

Or its 20% plus loopholes

The irony is businesses are just going to hoard whatever profit then get to make shareholders happy. They aren't going to trickle anything down to the poor. I can't believe people fall for the rich agenda.

Meanwhile you get an extra $400, WOW

Old 11-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
As long as its worth 2 million in 10 years, Im fine with the million dollar price tag.

At the rate real estate and inflation is going, add the trillions in debt and rich getting richer. I maybe on the winning side soon.
oooh so you want the rest of the nation to subsidize your gain in real estate prices from $1M to $2M?

Old 11-02-2017, 11:55 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you expect the rest of the nation to subsidize your taxes so you can have a bus?
Y'all really don't subsidize anything. What state are you from if you don't mind me asking so i can make a point. I don't want to be judgmental and use Kentucky or Mississippi as an example.

I still only get a fraction of what I pay to the feds even with itemization of my property and state taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
great- let's go for single payer- remove insurance companies completely....
Single payer doesnt remove insurance companies. medicare and Medicaid currently contract out to multiple companies for services

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
My middle income taxes would jump under this ridiculous plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies