Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 09:39 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,123,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What? Lol. Do you really think you fool people with your BS?
All that post does is quote you. Are you calling your own posts BS now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 09:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,604,523 times
Quote:

Get real. Unemployment rate in FL is less than 5%. There is no shortage of jobs.

IF that's the case and I used to live in Orlando, why does Mar a Lago need to import workers?

You never answered my question, are you having an illegal immigrant do your landscaping?

Old 11-04-2017, 09:50 PM

32,213 posts, read 15,201,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Busted.

Hahahahahaha.

So Mar Largo firsted advertises for local workers to fill seasonal jobs. Can't get them. So then hires LEGAL immigrants to fill these positions.

What is wrong with this?

You guys are really grasping for straws these days.
That is just BS. Where did they advertise...in some obscure paper in small print. Don't you think someone would jump at the chance to work at Mar A Largo. They would make tons of money in tips alone. A bartender would probably make $100,000 in a year. But this is what businesses say all the time at resorts.....they can't get locals to work so they have to hire immigrants. Immigrates work for less money. Get a clue.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:51 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,482,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
All that post does is quote you. Are you calling your own posts BS now?
Are you insane?

That post does not quote me.

I am asking you for the fourth or fifth time, do you pay people for doing nothing?

Plain and simple..........answer the question.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
When a business, which is in business to make money, hires people who can get the job done at a lower rate than those at a higher rate, they stay in business. I know, who would have thought that right? So if the higher paid workers are hired, which hurts the bottom line, then that business could go bankrupt and many Americans loose jobs.

Trump, like any business person, said he can't afford to have his companies in America as well as higher without the visas and still make the money he wants to make. Not many in business stay in business just to break even.

We do need less visas, although in some cases, which this one could be, when it's seasonal, good help is harder to find.
The idea is to make the business climate better. Lower the cost of doing business in America and the jobs will come back. It's basic economics.

So pay people lower wages so they can get even more rich. Got it!

Old 11-04-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
IF that's the case and I used to live in Orlando, why does Mar a Lago need to import workers?

You never answered my question, are you having an illegal immigrant do your landscaping?
Hmmm......if unemployment is low, there are no workers to hire and that is why Mar-A-Lago needs to import workers.

As for my landscaper, he and his wife have Social Security Numbers so I assume even though they are Hispanic, that they are not illegal. I have not asked them.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Hmmm......if unemployment is low, there are no workers to hire and that is why Mar-A-Lago needs to import workers.

As for my landscaper, he and his wife have Social Security Numbers so I assume even though they are Hispanic, that they are not illegal. I have not asked them.

If it's low there should be no problem hiring LEGAL AMERICANS.

S.S are easy to get. I bet you haven't.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:58 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,957,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So when a company needs ot make money it is okay to go out of the country to find workers who will work for less than market wage.
Of course it is. It's not anyones call on how a business should operate in order to make a profit when no ones rights have been violated.
If the company stays it goes out of business. or If the company stays they make 1 million instead of 2 million.
Either way, why is it anyones call but the business owner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh -- you see I heard differently during the campaign and even afterwars. I heard those temporary workers willing to work for less were taking all the American jobs....and we need all our American jobs.
Your hearing is selective. I've heard trump specifically say the reasoning is the costs are too high. You want businesses to stay here? Get rid of laws and taxes that make it more costly. That's the truth and that's the full story.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:58 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,123,364 times
Quote:
Are you insane?

That post does not quote me.
Reading comprehension problems now?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy
Liar.

My landscaper does not depend on or piece together seasonal jobs to survive.
He has two permanent jobs.

He augments his permanent jobs a seasonal job. And in any case, as far as I know, he only did this in the past year.

Someone who augments their current income with extra income from a seasonal job is hardly the same as someone who WANTS a seasonal job to survive. LOL,. Get real.
I'll let your own words be my response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy
The orchards you speak of rely on FL seasonal workers moving north to pick apples and or other fruits. I know, because my FL landscaper does this. The people picking your apples are people who are piecing together other seasonal jobs for a living.
Are those not your own posts?

Do you think no one is capable of going back one page?

At any rate, I have embarrassed you enough for one night. I'm going to give you a break now.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
These resorts in Florida and other places game the system to maintain profits, all they need to do is increase wages. They do the same thing in the Hamptons, there are plenty of seasonal workers that will take these seasonal jobs.
No there aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies