Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 07:02 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I think someone mentioned that these people will be making $418.00 a week give or take.

That's before taxes I'm betting so it would come down to more likely $350 or $320 depending on what taxes they claim. Trump's people are still missing the big picture. Once again Trump ran on giving jobs to Americans this shows that he really doesn't care in the end just like any president regardless of their party. If any member of the left there would be 100 pages of right wing outrage over this.

So why isn't the right more upset about this? Is it because in the end they don't really care about jobs being taken from Americans? I'm betting this is the case as many have posted at least it's not Hillary in office.
It's hypocrisy, pure and simple. They don't care if Trump is a liar and a hypocrite because they are liars and hypocrites, too. It goes no deeper than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 07:04 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
It should have been on Seek, Careerbuilder, etc- places where most people look for jobs these days.

Plus, it asked that applications be faxed. This isn't 1993. How many people do you know with a fax machine in their home nowadays?

It is clear to me that this tiny print ad, lost in amongst the dozens of other classifieds in a local rag, and only ran twice was only there so that they could say "look, we tried to hire Americans... but it seems many Americans don't buy the newspaper in 2017, let alone have a fax machine. Oops!"

So then they could just hire on foreign workers, which rusty had intended to do all along.
This. How many people pick up a physical paper looking for a job today? No one. There are numerous online job sites where everybody goes now. They placed an ad where they were sure no one would see it because they didn't want to hire Americans for those jobs. It couldn't be more obvious.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:09 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,870,149 times
I worked for for about 8 years in Hotel Management prior to having my first child (who is now 4). I had a fair bit to do with HR at one of the properties I worked at, and while I never worked in FL, in the states I did work in, there was no shortage of applications from Americans for everything.

I don't have anything against foreign workers applying for American jobs.

However, I would think that a President who touted America First on the campaign trail, would make more of an effort to hire Americans at his own businesses.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:17 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,550,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post

However, I would think that a President who touted America First on the campaign trail, would make more of an effort to hire Americans at his own businesses.

That's what those who voted for Trump are not understanding it's a simple concept one they choose to ignore.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:42 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What?

Can you speak English?
I can but sometimes swiping on my phone's Samsung Keyboard creates wrong words that are too close to other words. The post should have been this:

Quote:
That is because Trump is a hypocrtie. It is always America first in words but not actions. I knew this going into the election due to his clothing brand at Macy's. Now we see the actions at The Floridian White House...
The "due" became "sue" due to the location of the d and s keys.

I'm sorry if this isn't English because it is a legitimate issue with the President, but these are facts. Trump isn't America first in his own actions with his brand.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:45 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,327,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's still mostly nonsense and those who claim that are usually defending illegal aliens doing them when obviously where Americans can't be found to do a job one could use legal workers.
Oh PUHLEEZE.

I've seen PLENTY of people here complaining about H-1B and other worker visas.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Where should the ad have been placed?

The NYT? Front page?

You might want to read the ad.

It wasn't calling for bartenders.

Gotta carry 25 lbs and take orders, set tables, clear tables, run food orders.

Not exactly brain surgery.

This is why people who are paid to perform these types of menial jobs, are paid what they are.

Doesn't matter if it's the only job you can get can get b/c you have 10 kids you can't afford.

That's your problem.
My local Mc Donalds offers $11/ hr to start for a fixed shift. That's $2.75 more than the State Minimum Wage.

These employees are not required to be available 16 hours a day to work a 5 hour split shift as the do at Mar-Lago.

In contrast, Mar-a- Lago offers an effective gross wage of $3 and change an hour given the need to be available 16 hours a day for 5 hours of split shift work. They require country club experience The value proposistion offered by Mar-a-Lago cannot compete with Mc Donalds.

NYT? Trump Org could use any of the major online job sites to recruit like all other employers do. These sites enable online applications. Trump Org chooses not to participate in the annual local job fair. Their value proposistion is not competitive.

Upon inauguration, the initiation fee to Mar -a-Lago was doubled from $100,000 to $200,000. The annual dues increased to $15,000/ yr. these are the fees that enable a member to book a room and dine at the facility. Trump Org bills the Federal Government for space, lodging and food necessary to secure the premises.

Trump is intent on reducing the corporate tax rate and in doing so, create jobs for US people.
Yet, Trump Org chooses to not make a competitive value proposistion to prospective employees and instead import cheaper labor.

The job description is designed to exclude the US worker in favor of legally importing cheaper labor from Haiti and Romania. That's a huge disconnect for a POTUS who campaigned on being a US job creator.

That this Admin chose to increase the number ot low wage H2B visas by 45% is the icing on the cake. 45% !

Old 11-05-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I think someone mentioned that these people will be making $418.00 a week give or take.

That's before taxes I'm betting so it would come down to more likely $350 or $320 depending on what taxes they claim. Trump's people are still missing the big picture. Once again Trump ran on giving jobs to Americans this shows that he really doesn't care in the end just like any president regardless of their party. If any member of the left there would be 100 pages of right wing outrage over this.

So why isn't the right more upset about this? Is it because in the end they don't really care about jobs being taken from Americans? I'm betting this is the case as many have posted at least it's not Hillary in office.
Actually that SHOULD be their take home pay if taxes are high. I make a similar wage myself and take home $550 after taxes, benefits and payments into retirement. If anything, the work is less than 30 hours a week since I work 35.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh PUHLEEZE.

I've seen PLENTY of people here complaining about H-1B and other worker visas.
Ironically these people are typically Trump supporters. I can't make this stuff up.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:10 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Ironically these people are typically Trump supporters. I can't make this stuff up.
Trump supporters are truly a plague on mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies