Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 02:54 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
perhaps he could have perhaps not. all i can tell you is that many places have made a real effort to get americans in seasonal jobs, and even though they made a huge effort to do so, they have had to rely on foreign workers. so until such time as you can prove that mar a lago would have had a plethora of qualified americans willing to work a seasonal position, you have no leg to stand on. these guys have been doing this for years, so i think they know the job market better than you, or anyone else complaining about their hiring practices, do.
Yes, they have been doing this for years. They've gotten the ad down to a science, designed to comply with all rules while ensuring no responses. Yes, they have been doing this for years, which is why they know not to give an email address or a phone number and to make the wording as hard to decipher as possible.

They know not to go to the local job fair because they might actually find someone, and then they have to waste time coming up with an excuse not to hire them.

If they actually wanted American workers, which they don't, they'd do good faith recruiting. They'd put ads for more than the required time. They'd give a phone number or an email address, they'd go to the job fair. They do none of those things because they do not want Americans working there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 03:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,940,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
But I thought the argument about illegals was largely about them "taking our jobs" which is exactly what Trump's H2B visa hires did...they took the jobs that Americans should have had.
you are confusing illegal with legal. you might want to educate yourself on the difference.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Americans did try to get jobs there, but Trump wasn't hiring: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f88e247ee918

And not only what was written in that article, but some people did manage to find the two secretive job announcements and applied, bub didn't hear back. No, Trump is not interested in hiring American, but that's no surprise coming from the guy that has his factories overseas.
were these people qualified? or were they just looking for work and re upset they were not picked? did they meet the standards that the company was looking for? there are a lot of reasons people dont get hired on at a five star resort.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:45 PM

42,880 posts, read 26,448,578 times
Quote:
you are confusing illegal with legal. you might want to educate yourself on the difference.
I didn't confuse anything go back you might want to re-read the posts in question before you come out swinging.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I didn't confuse anything go back you might want to re-read the posts in question before you come out swinging.
really? your question to me was as posted below. you were asking about illegals, not legals. the poeple mar a lago hired were legal, not illegal. thus you indeed DID confuse legal and illegal. failure on your part.

Quote:
But I thought the argument about illegals was largely about them "taking our jobs" which is exactly what Trump's H2B visa hires did...they took the jobs that Americans should have had.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:41 PM

35,787 posts, read 21,176,970 times
Quote:
perhaps he could have perhaps not. all i can tell you is that many places have made a real effort to get americans in seasonal jobs, and even though they made a huge effort to do so, they have had to rely on foreign workers. so until such time as you can prove that mar a lago would have had a plethora of qualified americans willing to work a seasonal position, you have no leg to stand on. these guys have been doing this for years, so i think they know the job market better than you, or anyone else complaining about their hiring practices, do.
I know people who would work there-- your statement has no legs at all -- it is not open to the public-- any opening are at his Miami golf resort

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Mar--a--lago-Club/ only 3 reviews since 2014-- wow

Last edited by tinytrump; 11-06-2017 at 04:49 PM..

Old 11-06-2017, 05:21 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,860,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well he could have offered a higher wage and got American workers but it’s better to import cheap labor. Seems to me he could offer a little more since he increased membership fees from $50k yo $100k. Besides he just criticized the Diversity program as being dangerous but here he is importing workers from foreign countries.

Not only that, but if he raised wages he could later also claim "trickle down theory" works.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I know people who would work there-- your statement has no legs at all -- it is not open to the public-- any opening are at his Miami golf resort

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Mar--a--lago-Club/ only 3 reviews since 2014-- wow
there may be a number of people that would work there, but the question is are they qualified to work there? do they meet the necessary requirements that mar a lago is looking for in an employee? do they have experience working in a five star resort? i might not meet the requirements, and i worked in a four star resort.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:56 PM

42,880 posts, read 26,448,578 times
Quote:
there may be a number of people that would work there, but the question is are they qualified to work there? do they meet the necessary requirements that mar a lago is looking for in an employee? do they have experience working in a five star resort? i might not meet the requirements, and i worked in a four star resort.
Do Romanians have any experience working in a 5 star resort? I sort of doubt it. And I don't see anything in the ad that ran twice on the back page of a paper with a very limited circulation about experience in a 5 star resort:

PS when is the last time you saw a help wanted ad that could only be replied to by fax or snail mail?

Old 11-06-2017, 10:16 PM

32,153 posts, read 15,162,396 times
Quote:
once again i must remind you that i HAVE WORKED as a seasonal employee for fourteen years. i have dealt with foreign workers, and dealt with the regulations dealing with foreign workers.

nat either you or your son is lying about foreign workers getting paid less than american workers, because it is patently FALSE. they get paid the SAME as american workers. to anything else is in fact ILLEGAL.

goodnight, i will just say that you are misinformed about the issue at this point.

and once again the fact is that it is very difficult to get qualified americans to work seasonal positions in the hospitality industry across the nation.
No one is lying. This is why unions are so against the abuse of these visas. They take jobs away from americans. And isn't that what Trump is supposed to be about...putting amercians and jobs first for us. He wants to close borders because he claims they are taking our jobs away. So which is it, are they taking jobs away from us or not. And you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work seasonal positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies