Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 12:57 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
It's becoming clear, finding a job has become too complicated for some. More victims. lol
Yep, if it doesn't pop up on the FB feed or Instagram they are clueless. It's the employers fault for not knowing the applicants phone numbers so the job announcements can be texted to them or the employer not friending them on FB so they can post it to their wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 01:06 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yes i loathe ILLEGAL immigration, but i accept LEGAL immigration. note the difference here, legal vs illegal.

i have no problem with people coming here LEGALLY to work.
So you think foreign workers should be brought in when there are Americans who could do the job?

Old 11-06-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
It's becoming clear, finding a job has become too complicated for some. More victims. lol
Most employers advertise their job openings. Seems that advertising openings at Mar-a-lago adequately is too complicated for the Trump empire. Well, maybe that explains why the Trump administration can't seem to fill many of the government vacancies either.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Uhh, this is xenophobic American women aren't anything special from a worldview standpoint, or better than Eastern European women. There is nothing wrong with Melania at all people are just jealous of her. She is more attractive at almost 50 than most 20 year olds. Lot's of women in the U.S. are attracted to wealthy men, Trump has never had a problem getting women.
lol He wouldn't have to sexually assault them if he didn't have a problem getting women. He has to buy his women---no one would give him the time of day if he wasn't wealthy.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:50 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So you think foreign workers should be brought in when there are Americans who could do the job?
Trump worshipers think anything is okay when Trump does it.

Trump has been purposefully doing everything he can to not hire Americans for these positions for years. If it were any other businessman - especially a liberal one - this would not be okay, but since it's Trump, let's commence with the rank hypocrisy and lies and excuse making.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
i think businesses should be able to do what they think needs to be done to get employees to work those businesses. as long as the people working are here legally what difference does it make?

but that isnt the point of this thread now is it? this thread started off talking about seasonal employees, and not many americans are willing to do seasonal work since it can be hard to find off season work at home, unless you go to another seasonal job.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:01 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
i think businesses should be able to do what they think needs to be done to get employees to work those businesses. as long as the people working are here legally what difference does it make?

but that isnt the point of this thread now is it? this thread started off talking about seasonal employees, and not many americans are willing to do seasonal work since it can be hard to find off season work at home, unless you go to another seasonal job.
Well, we don't really know if Trump could've found enough American workers, since Mar-a-Lago actively avoided doing anything that might get an American applicant. We have nothing to suggest this "needs to be done to get employees."

Why is it so hard to admit? Trump wants eastern Europeans to work there so he makes sure he doesn't find anyone who would take away a position from the Romanians he wants to import.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Well, we don't really know if Trump could've found enough American workers, since Mar-a-Lago actively avoided doing anything that might get an American applicant. We have nothing to suggest this "needs to be done to get employees."

Why is it so hard to admit? Trump wants eastern Europeans to work there so he makes sure he doesn't find anyone who would take away a position from the Romanians he wants to import.
perhaps he could have perhaps not. all i can tell you is that many places have made a real effort to get americans in seasonal jobs, and even though they made a huge effort to do so, they have had to rely on foreign workers. so until such time as you can prove that mar a lago would have had a plethora of qualified americans willing to work a seasonal position, you have no leg to stand on. these guys have been doing this for years, so i think they know the job market better than you, or anyone else complaining about their hiring practices, do.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:42 PM

2,913 posts, read 1,361,623 times
Quote:
perhaps he could have perhaps not. all i can tell you is that many places have made a real effort to get americans in seasonal jobs, and even though they made a huge effort to do so, they have had to rely on foreign workers. so until such time as you can prove that mar a lago would have had a plethora of qualified americans willing to work a seasonal position, you have no leg to stand on. these guys have been doing this for years, so i think they know the job market better than you, or anyone else complaining about their hiring practices, do.
Americans did try to get jobs there, but Trump wasn't hiring: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f88e247ee918

And not only what was written in that article, but some people did manage to find the two secretive job announcements and applied, bub didn't hear back. No, Trump is not interested in hiring American, but that's no surprise coming from the guy that has his factories overseas.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
yes i loathe ILLEGAL immigration, but i accept LEGAL immigration. note the difference here, legal vs illegal.
i have no problem with people coming here LEGALLY to work.
But I thought the argument about illegals was largely about them "taking our jobs" which is exactly what Trump's H2B visa hires did...they took the jobs that Americans should have had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies