Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 12:19 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have yet to run across a website for any resort that operates seasonally, that doesnt have a section for those looking for seasonal positions. everyone of of them has an employment opportunities section, it may not be listed exactly that way, but its there, and i have looked at many such websites in my time, and it tells of what jobs are available and how to apply for such jobs. if people cant find them, the they really are not interested in working at these locations.
Find that section for Mar-a-Lago. It doesn't exist.

Here's the link for mar-a-lago

Home - Trump National Golf Club Mar a Lago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lol..How long has that resort been there? The locals don't know it's there and hires every year? They need to be spoonfed? I know that's a rhetorical question by the way because the sloths in society these days absolutely DO need to be spoonfed responsibility.
You can't just go marching up to Mar-a-Lago and ask for a job. I don't think we little people can even enter it. As I already pointed out, the Mar-a-Lago website has no link for employment or human resources.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Find that section for Mar-a-Lago. It doesn't exist.

Here's the link for mar-a-lago

ok, there is one out of several dozen. however there is a contact form you can use to inquire as to employment opportunities, or other items as you wish.

the point here is that if you really want a job at mar a lago, you have ways to get a hold of them to apply for a position. i mean there are phone numbers listed somewhere as well you can CALL them. what a concept, actually reaching out to them to get a job instead of waiting for an ad to popup somewhere.

or are you that lazy that you want a huge full page ad everywhere for several weeks, with a local place for you to go to apply for a position?

Old 11-06-2017, 12:31 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The ad ran for something like two days, with a small ad in a low circulation local newspaper. Replies were solicited by fax, no phone number or e-mail given. It was hardly a good-faith effort to get local American employees.
Thank you. The ads are designed to elicit as few responses as possible, ideally zero. They've already picked the temp workers before those ads ever get placed.

It's also worth noting that Mar-a-Lago doesn't participate in the local seasonal job fair like other hotels and resorts. They purposefully avoid anything that might lead to an application from a US worker, as the goal is to find no one so the Romanians can be shipped in.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:34 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Those supporting the hiring of foreign seasonal workers have no idea what they're talking about. Example: On Martha's Vineyard, off Cape Cod, and in many other places on Cape Cod, the restaurants hire foreign workers (generally from Ireland or Eastern Europe) because, as one restaurant owner stated, the accent and general "attractiveness" of the young women (in particular) from these countries are more "appreciated" by the customers. Landlords "appreciate" it, as well, since these temporary workers are perfectly fine bunking with 10 other people for a few months, so that they can have a great time in the U.S. while earning money. When people who are not from New England hear "Martha's Vineyard," they tend to think "rich people." In fact, most year-round residents of MV and the Cape are working class folks. Young people there find it very, very difficult to secure summer employment because they are pushed aside for foreign workers. There are always loopholes, and Trump and his ilk make the most of them.

American IT workers have had to deal with this for years, even forced to train their foreign replacements or lose severance pay.

None of these people are more qualified than Americans.

Face it, people: the game is rigged against American workers.
Exactly! The ski resorts hire H2B workers and they technically get paid the same as American workers but the problem is the resorts can't find any Americans willing to work for the offered wage. They could hire Americans if they would pay more or provide transportation or subsidized housing at the resort but they don't want to.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:36 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
They purposefully avoid anything that might lead to an application from a US worker, as the goal is to find no one so the Romanians can be shipped in.
No possible security risk in that.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
ok, there is one out of several dozen. however there is a contact form you can use to inquire as to employment opportunities, or other items as you wish.

the point here is that if you really want a job at mar a lago, you have ways to get a hold of them to apply for a position. i mean there are phone numbers listed somewhere as well you can CALL them. what a concept, actually reaching out to them to get a job instead of waiting for an ad to popup somewhere.

or are you that lazy that you want a huge full page ad everywhere for several weeks, with a local place for you to go to apply for a position?
Yes, an ad run locally for a couple of weeks, with an e-mail to which to send applications or resumes would seem normal and typical. That's pretty well the way most jobs are advertised, in addition to the big job boards.

There's an extra onus on Trump businesses to hire locally that other employers don't have. Other employers are not owned by the president of the united states, and have not campaigned on a platform of hiring Americans. So Trump properties should make the extra effort to hire Americans, and go above and beyond in advertising local job openings, not bury them in an obscure low-circulation tiny newspaper.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:43 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:

You loathe illegal immigration but you defend Trump for circumventing the H2B rules by not actively seeking American workers and hiring foreigners instead.. wow I guess anything dear leader does is fine with you

Old 11-06-2017, 12:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You loathe illegal immigration but you defend Trump for circumventing the H2B rules by not actively seeking American workers and hiring foreigners instead.. wow I guess anything dear leader does is fine with you
yes i loathe ILLEGAL immigration, but i accept LEGAL immigration. note the difference here, legal vs illegal.

i have no problem with people coming here LEGALLY to work.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:53 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
It's becoming clear, finding a job has become too complicated for some. More victims. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies