Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 09:12 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times

Advertisements

The good news is she has far more free time to ride that bike.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:18 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The good news is she has far more free time to ride that bike.
... and to file her case with ACLU.
I gather ( from what you are saying) that she DOES have a case, actually...

Old 11-07-2017, 09:21 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
... and to file her case with ACLU.
I gather ( from what you are saying) that she DOES have a case, actually...
No I am not. I am familiar with the vast reach of At Will employment. (and you can bet her employer went through this beforehand with their employment lawyers.)

My hunch is she will struggle for a few years, perhaps getting McJobs, and perhaps, by the time a few years go by, an employer in her industry may give her a 2nd chance to start again.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
No I am not. I am familiar with the vast reach of At Will employment. (and you can bet her employer went through this beforehand with their employment lawyers.)

My hunch is she will struggle for a few years, perhaps getting McJobs, and perhaps, by the time a few years go by, an employer in her industry may give her a 2nd chance to start again.
I was not well familiar with "At WILL" employment, but now when I looked into it, it gave me even better understanding, how deceptive the whole claim of "freedom and democracy" American way is.

Thanks for valuable information

Last edited by erasure; 11-07-2017 at 11:37 PM..

Old 11-07-2017, 10:46 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I was not well familiar with "At WILL" employment, but now when I looked into t it, it gave me ever better understanding, how deceptive the whole claim of "freedom and democracy" American way is.
How does at will employment contradict or indicate deception with respect to the whole claim of the "freedom and democracy" American way?

Old 11-07-2017, 10:46 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
For those defending this woman what you are saying is that an employee making the news leading a KKK rally should not be fired? That's different right?

Whether you are flipping the bird to the President or leading a KKK rally that is reflective upon my judgement as an employer, it can and will effect my business.
This is very true. I agree with this.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:01 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
It's so ridiculous seeing the snowflakes getting worked up over this moronic woman, equating it with a fascist state action and eroding of civil liberties and freedom of speech.

What utter nonsense.

As an at will employee, she could be let go from her job for any reason. And she was let go for a perfectly legitimate reason.

And she wasn't thrown in prison, she wasn't persecuted, her life wasn't in danger. Compare that to how someone like her would be treated in other TRULY fascist countries if they disrespected royalty or head of state. Some American lady is facing decades of imprisonment in Zimbabwe for making social media statements perceived to be disrespectful of Mugabe. Others would be tortured or killed for flipping off presidents of their countries.

Please don't insult our intelligence.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
How does at will employment contradict or indicate deception with respect to the whole claim of the "freedom and democracy" American way?

In my understanding, if you express your political opinion ( as she did) in truly *free and democratic* society, you can't be punished for that.
In the US ( which this case clearly shows) even though the GOVERNMENT can't ( seemingly) punish you for that, you'll still be punished in a different manner.
Whereas the Soviet system was controlling its population via government and ideology, America controls its population via money. This control is more benign I'd say, yet the whole "freedom" claim is false ( since the amount of "freedom" in the US equals the amount of money on bank account.)
I'm afraid that claim of "democracy" diminishes significantly as well, the more people with money control the government.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:17 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
She got off easy.

She should have been beaten or killed IMO.

A worthless woman running her mouth. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's so ridiculous seeing the snowflakes getting worked up over this moronic woman, equating it with a fascist state action and eroding of civil liberties and freedom of speech.

What utter nonsense.

As an at will employee, she could be let go from her job for any reason. And she was let go for a perfectly legitimate reason.

And she wasn't thrown in prison, she wasn't persecuted, her life wasn't in danger. Compare that to how someone like her would be treated in other TRULY fascist countries if they disrespected royalty or head of state. Some American lady is facing decades of imprisonment in Zimbabwe for making social media statements perceived to be disrespectful of Mugabe. Others would be tortured or killed for flipping off presidents of their countries.

Please don't insult our intelligence.
No I wouldn't equate it with a "fascist state," but this kind of actions ( on behalf of her employer) definitely "erodes civil liberties and freedom of speech."
If she looses her ability to support herself/pay her bills because of expressed opinion, this IS still a form of persecution, even if her life is ( supposedly) not in danger. The reason I am saying "supposedly" is because none of us knows how far away she is from becoming homeless while being unemployed, and this would already manifest a danger to her life for real.

Last edited by erasure; 11-07-2017 at 11:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies