Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 02:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I agree with you Casper. 40 years? For the record I am registered, "no party," but my question besides this person waiting 40 years to come out of the woodwork is since the charges are "alleged" why is everyone, Democrat or Republican calling for him to resign? I thought you were innocent until proven guilty. With all the shenanigans Clinton pulled in the WH, why is it no one is bringing up the abuse Monica Lewinsky suffered?
Monica and Bill are irrelevant here.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:11 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
They could have removed him years ago if they were concerned about the public.
Actually, he was removed - twice - from his post as judge. The man is unfit on a multitude of levels.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:11 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
The ones who set this all up, which I have a sneaky suspicion are the same ones who set up the Trump dossier and are calling for Moore to step down. They reside in the swamp. I see more passion on McConnell's face for Moore to step down than for any bill that would help the American people.
That makes no sense. The Trump dossier has largely been verified, and it has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

McConnell probably doesn't want Moore in the Senate, because he would destroy the entire Republican party with his extremism and illegal behavior.

That doesn't change the truth about these accusations.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I agree with you Casper. 40 years? For the record I am registered, "no party," but my question besides this person waiting 40 years to come out of the woodwork is since the charges are "alleged" why is everyone, Democrat or Republican calling for him to resign? I thought you were innocent until proven guilty. With all the shenanigans Clinton pulled in the WH, why is it no one is bringing up the abuse Monica Lewinsky suffered?
Innocent until proven guilty only applies to court trials. This is an election, thus public opinion is all that matters and a man who was already unqualified for the Senate before hand, now having endless accusations of sexual assault on his record cannot in good conscience serve in the US Senate.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:13 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I don't think they will.

My prediction is that any poll after this second accuser will have Moore being solidly trounced.
You could be right. This woman's press conference was disturbing to say the least and especially considering the 30 year old writing in a 16 year old girl's HS yearbook. This does look convincing and adds even more credibility to the whole business. On top of this, some of his contemporaries at the time have spoken out about his "proclivities" as well.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:14 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
That makes no sense. The Trump dossier has largely been verified, and it has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

McConnell probably doesn't want Moore in the Senate, because he would destroy the entire Republican party with his extremism and illegal behavior.

That doesn't change the truth about these accusations.

What in the hell? I can't...

Old 11-13-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Rushing to a guilty judgment without any evidence is sort of banana Republic-ish don't you think?
How is signing a yearbook evidence of anything?
No, it's not because innocent until proven guilty only applies to trials. One can be viewed as having poor character for serving in public office without being officially guilty of a crime.

The yearbook is creepy for a 30 year old to be saying to a teenager, and it proves that there was some connection between the 2. Moore has denied knowing the other women. He can't do that with this new allegation, since we have proof he knew her and made suggestive comments to her.

Quote:
They could have removed him years ago if they were concerned about the public. This is to overturn an election, not to protect the people.
He was removed from office twice for violating the Constitution.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
What in the hell? I can't...
Um it has. While not all of it has yet been verified, many elements of it have. That's an absolute fact, already proven.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Monica and Bill are irrelevant here.
Why? Clinton was the POTUS, lied to the American public, "I never had sex with that woman?" A male in power taking advantage of a woman.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:20 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Mo Brooks, who ran against Moore in the primary, would be a good substitute for Moore if that could happen. Laura Ingraham and I think even Hannity endorsed him at that time.

Helluva lot better than that strange pick of McConnell's, Luther Strange. And carrying this on, Strange would be better than any Dem!

The irony would be if Strange, who was endorsed by Trump, won in the end!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies