Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 11:57 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,466,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually it does.. otherwise there wouldnt be state elections for Congressional positions, they'd all be put into place by the President..

again, you seem to be answering a different question there. Not surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Our last President was a intelligent boring yet incompetent and Radical who divided the US. I'll take Trump.
perhaps you could try stepping away form the Gospel according to Brietbart once in a while.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,217,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
again, you seem to be answering a different question there. Not surprised.
Here's the kid version for you.. I hope the hand drawn pictures dont confuse you

https://www.congressforkids.net/Cons...ndbalances.htm

When you're done with that page, hit the "learn more" button,

Old 11-10-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Here's the kid version for you.. I hope the hand drawn pictures dont confuse you

https://www.congressforkids.net/Cons...ndbalances.htm

When you're done with that page, hit the "learn more" button,

congrats...you seem to be winning the conversation we're not actually having..so good job by you...when you figure out what the discussion is actually about, please educate me on how the guy in the voting booth is looking to put a check on the GOP member in the house by voting in the GOP member in the Senate...let me know...I'm all ears...

Old 11-10-2017, 12:10 PM

5,127 posts, read 2,604,680 times
Quote:
Our last President was a intelligent boring yet incompetent and Radical who divided the US. I'll take Trump.

agree with this except for the grammar, you use "an" instead of "a" when the next word begins with a vowel

Old 11-10-2017, 12:12 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
perhaps you could try stepping away form the Gospel according to Brietbart once in a while.
And maybe you should turn off MSNBC and pay attention to the real world.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:15 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post

agree with this except for the grammar, you use "an" instead of "a" when the next word begins with a vowel
Intelligent was added after the fact. Obama was a very bright guy but totally a radical. Luckily we have term limits or he could have done a lot more damage.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
And maybe you should turn off MSNBC and pay attention to the real world.

sure, b/c Reuters and BBC is #Fake news right? You know, where I actually get my news from besides the NY Times, which your orange messiah used to love until they said mean things about him and is pretty much universally lauded by sane people.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:17 PM

5,127 posts, read 2,604,680 times
Quote:
Intelligent was added after the fact. Obama was a very bright guy but totally a radical. Luckily we have term limits or he could have done a lot more damage.
agreed.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,411,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We wanted him and we still want him and still support him. I don't see the point of your post.
He is at 38% approval among all voting age Americans and been hovering around only 80% support from Republicans for the last month. 80% among his own party is a terrible rating, especially in the first year of presidency.

38% is about 20 points lower than most presidents at this time in their presidency. Trump is a low-confidence president, and the lowest in the last half of the existence of our country. He is a loser by his own definition.

If you like what he is doing, that is one thing, but if you look at his record impartially and removing as much bias as possible, you have to see that he is failing overall. If he does what he says he wants to do, great, right? But if America falls to the bottom of every ranking among modern developed countries, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
[Trump voters] continue to say "We wanted him and still want him and still support him."

Kinda like people sitting on the deck of a sinking ship saying "The view is now much better because the boat is lower in the water!"
Too true. The only people who think Trump is succeeding are those who lap up whatever Laura Ingraham pulls out of the microwave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies