Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 06:53 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,601,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The red state taxpayers are having to cover the lowered rate from the blue states such as NJ, NY, Mass, Conn...it's high time for the blue states pay their fair share.
This statement came right out of the textbook on "VooDoo Economics".

Old 11-10-2017, 06:53 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,388,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Cute article but this is not new. Blue states have been carrying this country on their backs for a long time.l
That's totally made-up.

But you need to reflect a bit. The entire Democratic platform consists of taking wealth from Republican voters and splitting it between (a) current Democrat voters and (2) future Democrat voters (immigrants).

Old 11-10-2017, 07:24 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,638,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
1/3rd the nationals welfare recipients, reside in California despite having about 15% of the population.
13% of all federal income taxes are paid by California - one of only 11 states that more than pay their own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's totally made-up.
Oh, please - stop with the "I don't like the facts so they're all fake news" song and dance. No, it is not made up. It's simple math. 11 states (all but 2 of them blue states) pay more in taxes to the federal governmentg than the federal government spends on them in services. It's just simple math. How can you deny it?

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 11-10-2017 at 07:33 PM..

Old 11-10-2017, 07:43 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,038,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
way to bring up an irrelevant point to gloss over the fact that you have no actual retort here.
You must be new here- that's the standard C-D Trumper Tactic!

Non-Trumper-: "blue states give more $$ than they take"

Trumper: We beat Hillary

Non-Trumper: "Well ACA is STILL not repealed and replaced & the Wall is still not built"

Trumper :" HA! so what We beat hillary"

Non-Trumper: The Houston Astros won the World Series just 4 years after losing 111 games; not many thought they would"

TRumper: " um....We beat Hillary"?

Old 11-10-2017, 10:26 PM

30,471 posts, read 19,224,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
What's really funny is that when adjusted for COL, most people in the so called poor states have more disposable income than people living in states such as CA or NY, $40,000 in Louisiana vs $36,000 in CA for example.

https://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-to-spend.aspx
I think it's hilarious that Kansans average real disposable income after factoring cost is $43K and Cali is $36K after all the Californians have been ragging on Kansas due to their Governor supporting tax cuts. Kansans are 20% better off on average than Californians....I love that.

Current unemployment rate in Cali is 5.1% and in Kansas it's 3.8%....winning.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 11-10-2017 at 10:34 PM..

Old 11-10-2017, 10:32 PM

30,471 posts, read 19,224,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
This statement came right out of the textbook on "VooDoo Economics".
Or it's out of the reality that same taxpayer in NY, NJ, Conn, are paying lower federal income tax at the same income than taxpayers in Alabama, Tennessee, or my state of Washington....I'm sick and tired of paying more so you guys can take a big tax deduction that I can't take just because my state is being responsible.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:25 AM

89,079 posts, read 44,906,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Red states have been getting their welfare checks (in the form of government funds) from the blue states for decades.
That's what happens when blue staters retire to the much more desirable red states; their SS and Medicare payments move there with them. SS and Medicare are 1/3 of total federal spending.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:40 PM

22,666 posts, read 24,632,000 times
Blue state are have a huge population-base, so of course they are going to be paying more overall taxes. East-coast and West-coast, Blue-states with lots of people.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:29 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,871,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think it's hilarious that Kansans average real disposable income after factoring cost is $43K and Cali is $36K after all the Californians have been ragging on Kansas due to their Governor supporting tax cuts. Kansans are 20% better off on average than Californians....I love that.

Current unemployment rate in Cali is 5.1% and in Kansas it's 3.8%....winning.
The Partnership [Site Selectors - Major Employers]

Wichita has a strong robust economy for having less than 400,000 people living the city itself.

I think that part of the country is absolutely stunning with the lush, lush scenery also. All that spring and summer rain gives the plains such a clean smell.

Liberals don't like the structure of the economy though. Tremendous amounts of middle-class manufacturing jobs making airplanes, turf equipment manufacturing and air conditioning and food manufacturing.

Educated elite California liberals are jealous that while many save and save for a downpayment while paying off those massive student loans that people with a married couple with high-school diplomas can by mansions with huge yards in Wichita.

They have a diverse economy with many other employers but it has a strong manufacturing economy which many California liberals look down on.

Hillarious also that the mortgage 5,400 square foot mansion with lush gardens and a spacious lot is less than a shoebox apartment in LA.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...884_rect/9_zm/

5,400 square foot home in Wichita with an estimated mortgage payment of $1,365 monthly. Many people in Los Angeles would brag if they got a shoebox apartment for that.

Kansas is absolutely a winner also because the majority support President Trump and it is a very Republican state. Luckily, the Republicans are making proposals that benefit their districts so states like Kansas have lots to win by voting Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies