Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 11:59 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
What part of "fit" do you not understand?
What part do you not understand? It's your OPINION he's not 'fit'. Spell out objective, measurable, quantifiable standards for "fit", Hillary probably doesn't measure up either but since you're being emotional about it you'll still stand by her.

Don't want Trump? Don't run someone guaranteed to alienate half the country or more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 12:30 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It doesn't take a genius to know that. But who doesn't want to hear Tao speak.
I don't.

Does he have some sort of mathematical proof?

His opinion is no better or worse than anybody else's.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He isn't but yet he still beat Hillary. That's the story. You are NOT going to win with "Trump bad". The only way to win is to run a candidate people can support. There are too many and a growing number of us that will no longer support the "lesser evil" especially when that is not clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Agree. As much as I dislike Trump, I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. The Clintons are the ones that turned the Democratic Party into another pro-corporate anti-labor party like the Republicans.
as much as i agree with not voting for the lesser of two evils, the problem is that until we get back to a neutral as possible media in this country, who will stick to the facts and not be an ad campaign for one candidate or another, we will never get to where we have a choice of two or three candidates that battle on the issues instead of who can sling the most mud and get away with it.

the last few elections i have held my nose when i voted for a lot of candidates. at least trump tried to run a decent campaign with some positives for the american people.

i hope that one day we will get over this viciousness in political campaigns, and we can choose candidates on the issues.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:42 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,343 times
Another egghead, blowing hot air.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:15 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
big whoop... Trump is still your President.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
as much as i agree with not voting for the lesser of two evils, the problem is that until we get back to a neutral as possible media in this country, who will stick to the facts and not be an ad campaign for one candidate or another, we will never get to where we have a choice of two or three candidates that battle on the issues instead of who can sling the most mud and get away with it.

the last few elections i have held my nose when i voted for a lot of candidates. at least trump tried to run a decent campaign with some positives for the american people.

i hope that one day we will get over this viciousness in political campaigns, and we can choose candidates on the issues.
That's up to you, not the media. "The media" is just an excuse for not doing the right thing.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:35 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's up to you, not the media. "The media" is just an excuse for not doing the right thing.
I'd argue that you still failed to do the right thing by not voting for Hillary, a clearly superior candidate in every way imaginable, just because she didn't pass your "no foreign wars" purity test. Because, you know, climate change, healthcare, tax policy, dealing with our massive student loan debt, and selection of Supreme Court justices aren't that important. She voted with Bernie 90% of the time, but I guess that just wasn't good enough for some people.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:57 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Everyone, except for crazed Trump cultists, knows that Trump is not fit to clean toilets, to say nothing of being President.
And yet --- this person somehow beat the Clinton machine, 16 other republican candidates, and the media. Perhaps....nah, it couldn't be..... perhaps you are wrong.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I'd argue that you still failed to do the right thing by not voting for Hillary, a clearly superior candidate in every way imaginable, just because she didn't pass your "no foreign wars" purity test. Because, you know, climate change, healthcare, tax policy, dealing with our massive student loan debt, and selection of Supreme Court justices aren't that important. She voted with Bernie 90% of the time, but I guess that just wasn't good enough for some people.
Nothing was done about Climate change under Obama. Nothing was going to be done under Hillary outside of things corporations want. Obama signed an extension to Bush's tax cuts. Hillary wasn't going to raise taxes on her corporate donors. Her previous attempts and Obamacare was nothing more than a huge welfare program for the insurance and pharmaceutical companies. Millions are still without and millions more can't afford to actually use the insurance they have. Then, the wars......

There was nothing there to vote for. Do it again and the results will be the same.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:12 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Who?

And why does his opinion matter?
If you want my guess at the answer, I would say that the left is determined to post a certain number of anti-Trump threads per day, thus this nonsense thread as there is nothing actually negative to post about Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'll tell you why his opinion matters. It's because five out of four people are bad at math, so there.
I'm really good at math, and I voted for Trump. My mathability allowed me to point out the error of the ways of the polling that said that Hillary Clinton would win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
2020: I think Trump will be in Alzheimer's land by then.
Alzheimer's is nothing to joke about which is all anyone that isn't Trump's physician can do when it comes to whether or not such would be happening to him.

Quote:
Everyone, except for crazed Trump cultists, knows that Trump is not fit to clean toilets, to say nothing of being President.
Cleaning toilets, putting private servers that aren't supposed to be using for secret government communications, yes, Trump doesn't fit that model. It sort of cleaned the toilet when he removed a Democrat from the WH though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No he won't, unless presidential terms got extended to 8 years this week....
Just looking at the near sure thing when it comes to the election in 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The qualifications to be President are spelled out in the Constitution and Trump meets every one of them. A genius should know that.
Well, maybe this guy is an idiot savant when it to his genius status with only "math" as his thing and not our government or Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Who cares what some racist thinks? Remember, math is racist according to the left.
Yep! Math is Racist: University of Illinois Professor | National Review He is just flaunting his "white privilege".

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Yeah, right. He'll be lucky to be President by July 4th.
No, wait, he wouldn't win the GOP nomination, wouldn't win the General Election, wouldn't take the job if elected.........

Quote:
Anyone with half-a-brain and who isn't a crazed cultist realizes that Trump is mentally deranged and totally incapable of rational thought and needs to be removed per the Constituition.

25th Amendment time!
If you hold these beliefs to be true about Trump, imagine the horror the one he defeated must have been!

Do you know what the 25th Amendment says?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxxv

The reality is that the way to get "rid" of Trump is for the Democrats to run a viable candidate. Yep, 8 years for Trump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
You'd be wrong. While you are addressing one C-D member, there are many, many, many more reasons that people did not vote for the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary Clinton.

Selection of supreme court judges? EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Pay your darn student debt, it was a CHOICE and many others went to work at menial jobs, again, pay your darn student debts.

Hillary cheated Bernie by buying the nomination. Everyone knows that and many that supported Bernie couldn't stomach the thought of voting for Hillary. So, she voted 90% of the time with him. Whoopee! She also did a LOT OF STUFF that Bernie would not have been on board with.

Trump is here to stay, although many of those still whining about Hillary losing deserve VP Pence to rise to the presidency at which point, they will have something to whine about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies