Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2018, 08:28 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Say you did get a ban on semi autos.

What is stopping me from drilling a hole in a barrel. Using a lathe to fabricate a gas tube and block, spin up a gas piston, throw a piece of steel with a cut out to operate the bolt?

Or using a sheet metal brake to fabricate a magazine body, and spring steel to make a magazine spring to push up a follower?

Never mind someone else who may have access to blue prints and scrap metal...
Ever hear of the Luty gun?
A British guy developed a 9mm machine gun in his garage and published his works and dimensions... back in the what... 70s? 80s?

Phillipines are smelting brake rotors down into 1911 pistols in the jungle...
Never mind 3D printing...

How would you stop any of that?

If they were banned? Time in a fed prison if you are found doing this.

But since the point is to stop the crazies, I would take my chances that Adam Lanza or this latest guy wouldn't be capable or willing to do this.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:28 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Dude, you just described my son's Boy Scout rifle. I'm serious.
And a couple million other common rifles.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Those are the very basic features of every magazine fed semiauto and some non autoloaders. That is a massive number of rifles and likely the majority of those sold in the past few decades.

True. Magazine fed semi autos would be the point.

I think we are way past banning these. There are too many out there and we didn't use our heads when we let them get out there. But these characteristics are the problem, and the reason the crazies go for them

Old 02-17-2018, 08:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Geez, I have to tell you it just tears me up that you don't want to believe that people can own guns and not be gun cultists. Perhaps you believe this is a fake FB page with fake gun owners.

https://www.facebook.com/Gun-Owners-...8371624581877/
Or that this is a fake gun owner also.
I Am A Gun Owner, And Here's 8 Things I Have To Say About Gun Control
And this must also be a fake gun owner.
https://www.mediaite.com/online/from...t-weapons-ban/
LOL. Get real dude. There are some gun owners with enough maturity to consider others right to remain alive and put aside their childish and immature desire to have their playtoys at any expense , up to and including deaths of innocent children.
The fact is, my rights are not subject to your will.
Your emotions think they are.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:31 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
If they were banned? Time in a fed prison if you are found doing this.

But since the point is to stop the crazies, I would take my chances that Adam Lanza or this latest guy wouldn't be capable or willing to do this.
Given the stellar track record of the FBI conducting investigations into credible threats of violence... I would say chances of getting caught-slim to none...

Old 02-17-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Given the stellar track record of the FBI conducting investigations into credible threats of violence... I would say chances of getting caught-slim to none...

Who knows? The FBI messed this one up. But to assume you could get away with it forever would be a poor bet.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
The thing is this is a completely dishonest post. Everyone blames the shooter. You cannot show me anyone saying any mass shooter is not at fault. Go ahead, prove me wrong. Provide a link to some normal person saying its not the shooters fault, its all the guns fault. Lets have it, because I tire of this ridiculous claim. So put up.

What some people ARE saying, IF you are honest enough to listen, is that we should make it hard for these nutters to get weapons that allow them to kill a bunch of people quickly because of the high ammo capacity and the ability to continue to fire without recocking and reaiming.

And I think you know all this, but deliberately choose to make dishonest statements anyway. Why is that? Because it is easier to lie about what people are saying that have to think that there might be some truth in what they say? Because you sure put lot of effort into lying about what is actually being said.

Try having an actual honest discussion on the issue some time.
Emotions do not solve problems.... They get you killed.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:38 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
True. Magazine fed semi autos would be the point.

I think we are way past banning these. There are too many out there and we didn't use our heads when we let them get out there. But these characteristics are the problem, and the reason the crazies go for them
"We let them get out there", is an odd way to look at a simple and common evolution in engineering design from the 19th century.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Really? So you are willing to consider that maybe the rights of kids to remain alive is more important than you having your favorite weapon that also happens to be the favorite weapon of mass shooters? Because I don't see this in your posts.
The only reference to that in the Bill of Rights, is referenced in the secure a free state part of the 2nd amendment. The schools militia failed them, as someone disarmed them. Their free state was violated by evil. War was declared on those kids.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
LOL, you guys always take that quote out of context. Let's try again.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What part of "well regulated" do you not understand?

Like a well regulated clock, you chime in with a 20th Century definition, to a 18th Century phrase, right on time.
I am well regulated in the mechanical components and use of my firearm.

Try forming a group of ragtag people and train in tactical domestic warfare and let ATF and the FBI catch wind of that and you will see just how legal militias are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies