Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2018, 05:57 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS-GR View Post
It has been so many years after Sandy Hook and nobody even dared to discuss a law.
Quote:
How each person votes is a complicated issue (when someone is independent) based on circumstances and priorities at the time of an election. I have to admit that strict gun laws was not my priority. I see, however, that this country is getting out of control and this has become a priority for me. I am not going to tolerate the violence anymore and I do not care if this means that we need to set limits to the so called "right" of some people to own guns. School violence is unacceptable and again it belongs to third world countries only.
Sounds like a lot of blood on your hands there, buddy.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Ummm, I think you are ... cars???
You think I am, what?

Old 02-17-2018, 06:02 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
As I've previously written, given all the opposition to limiting access to these types of weapons, it seems to be a good first step in a possible solution.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:03 PM

188 posts, read 283,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yes, security at schools, its exactly what I said, not sure why you are even asking me to repeat. You believe that we should lust leave schools exposed and as targets? Thats a brilliant proposition.

Your retort of "what makes yout hink they will simply not start killing everywhere else?" is just stupid. We cant prevent every single crime, but we can actively work to provide security to defend where they are happening...and in this case by STUDENTS who apparently hate their classmates for some reason.

And if the target changes, then I suggest the same, security for wherever is the new target. We have air marshals on flights are you opposed to that?

Yes, there are wackos in other countries.

My belief is that other countries don't have as many mass shootings (or violent crime in general) because our country has some serious issues like prescription drug abuse, and a horrid educational system that contribute to a society that is becoming dysfunctional and people don't know how to cope so violence and treating people like absolute garbage is their outlet.

When someone says they want to kill people and shoot up a school, the police are more than allowed to go visit and talk to that person as well as keep an eye on them. Additionally the school and other people in that community could have tried to help the kid somehow or be more inclusive maybe, who knows, he sounds like he had a really messed up life. You see it with serial killers all the time, he is just Ted Bundy with a gun and we cant legislate away serial killers, sorry.
OK, thank you for not ignoring my questions. I agree with many of the things you mention and especially about the issues that we have in our country that lead some people to violence and mass shootings.
No, I am not saying to leave schools exposed. Unfortunately, I have to agree that we must put armed guards in the schools and very soon. What I am saying is that these monsters that do the mass shootings will find other targets and we cannot live in a society that each of us will have to carry a gun for protection like the times of the wild west. This is not the country I want to live in.
I would like to remind you that police "paid a visit" multiple times (I think 39 times according to reports) to the house of this person... other agencies were included as well. I am sure you do not like the idea of a central database (like the no fly list) that will include people like him that will prevent them from buying guns... And because I am sure you do not agree with that, I can tell you that the gun owners who do not want more strict laws and scrutiny share responsibility.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
You think I am, what?
Sorry, I don't know whats wrong with you. Can't help you.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:05 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
Quote:
How each person votes is a complicated issue (when someone is independent) based on circumstances and priorities at the time of an election. I have to admit that strict gun laws was not my priority. I see, however, that this country is getting out of control and this has become a priority for me. I am not going to tolerate the violence anymore and I do not care if this means that we need to set limits to the so called "right" of some people to own guns. School violence is unacceptable and again it belongs to third world countries only.
Yeah, voting is complicated, but you have to accept responsibility for your vote. If you haven’t been voting for candidates who support gun control then you get part of the blame you’ve been so quick to ascribe to others.

Not really very fair given it wasn’t your intention to support gun violence, but neither is it theirs. Believe it or not, people who own guns and support the 2nd aren’t anymore tolerant of violence than you are. Owning a gun doesn’t equate to tolerance of violence anymore than owning a dog equates to being OK with it biting people.

We’ve lost the capacity for civil discourse on this and many issues. Hysteria, finger pointing and blame are now the order of the day. Sad.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Sorry, I don't know whats wrong with you. Can't help you.
I know, logic, its treated like a disease lately. Sorry to offend you.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:13 PM

188 posts, read 283,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yeah, voting is complicated, but you have to accept responsibility for your vote. If you haven’t been voting for candidates who support gun control then you get part of the blame you’ve been so quick to ascribe to others.

Not really very fair given it wasn’t your intention to support gun violence, but neither is it theirs. Believe it or not, people who own guns and support the 2nd aren’t anymore tolerant of violence than you are. Owning a gun doesn’t equate to tolerance of violence anymore than owning a dog equates to being OK with it biting people.

We’ve lost the capacity for civil discourse on this and many issues. Hysteria, finger pointing and blame are now the order of the day. Sad.
If you want a right, you have to prove you are worthy of it. If your right is not safe for the society, then it has to go. Probably you are right. I should get part of the blame. In fact, I hope that the so called "2nd amendment advocates" start seeing that independent people that were willing to tolerate the "right" to bear guns are fed up and I can tell you I will be happy to see this "right" all gone.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
If you want a right, you have to prove you are worthy of it. If your right is not safe for the society, then it has to go. Probably you are right. I should get part of the blame. In fact, I hope that the so called "2nd amendment advocates" start seeing that independent people that were willing to tolerate the "right" to bear guns are fed up and I can tell you I will be happy to see this "right" all gone.
You misunderstand rights. Unless of course you can explain to me how at birth you have proven yourself worthy of your right to free speech? Your right to a trial by jury?

You are born with rights in this country, thats how it works.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I know, logic, its treated like a disease lately. Sorry to offend you.
Well, you slipped a gear or something. Pressure getting to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies