Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2018, 05:11 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS-GR View Post
I am sorry for you. Indirectly, you have blood in your hands, because you facilitate this. Period.
I don't need you to be sorry for me, and its sad to see how frustrated and helpless you appear with your own life that you feel like you need to blame me and other people for this. Its a thinly veiled attempt at just pushing your own political agenda and beliefs through scare tactics and obfuscation.

Any well grounded adult knows the blame lies primarily in the hands of the shooter, then to the FBI, then to his family, other students, neighbors, school faculty who all knew what a wacko he was and didn't do enough to stop him or get him help and to the government for not putting similar protection in place like we do for airports and other soft targets.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:17 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't need you to be sorry for me, and its sad to see how frustrated and helpless you appear with your own life that you feel like you need to blame me and other people for this. Its a thinly veiled attempt at just pushing your own political agenda and beliefs through scare tactics and obfuscation.

Any well grounded adult knows the blame lies primarily in the hands of the shooter, then to the FBI, then to his family, other students, neighbors, school faculty who all knew what a wacko he was and didn't do enough to stop him or get him help.
Yes, which is something the tweeting FL high school student, who misdirected her anger at Trump by calling HIM a "[!@$%/] POS," also failed to realize.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:19 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the second amendment was written because the founders specifically did not want the government to regulate firearms.

Militias in the time of the FF were organized and regulated by the states, and often had officers appointed by the states. This isn't even arguable. A well regulated militia means exactly what it sounds like. An official militia with officers and such, controlled and answerable to some authority such as the state or the federal government.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yes, which is something the tweeting FL high school student, who misdirected her anger at Trump by calling HIM a "[!@$%/] POS," also failed to realize.
I didn't see that, but I find it disturbing that our media and other folks seem to think its a good idea to start governing based on the reactions of a group of 14-18 yr olds that have just been through the worst event (hopefully) of their lives. Rational decisions are not made in times like that, and certainly not by a group of kids. We already have a bunch of childish, and reactionary decision making going on in DC, we don't need to double down on it.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:22 PM

188 posts, read 284,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

Any well grounded adult knows the blame lies primarily in the hands of the shooter, then to the FBI, then to his family, other students, neighbors, school faculty who all knew what a wacko he was and didn't do enough to stop him or get him help.
Seriously? The laws that make it so easy for a person to buy a killing machine, while cannot even drink alcohol legally do not bother you? I call this hypocrisy. No civilized country in the world would ever allow this. Only in third world countries, parents worry about the safety of their kids at school. That does not really bother you right? And how exactly would they stop a wacko? Can you give me a specific example? What are they going to charge him with, without a crime? There are no wackos in other countries? Why they do not do mass shootings? Are you kidding me? Enough is enough. Guns should be illegal or at least the laws should be really-really strict.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:24 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
I am appalled by the fact that people support "their right" to own a gun, while kids die. Essentially, their support and silence is equal to complicity. Period. The government makes it mandatory for parents to send their kids to school and they cannot even guarantee safety. One can buy a riffle at an age that they are not legally allowed to drink alcohol! In some aspects, this country makes me sick. I really hope that people elect representatives that will end the craziness of gun ownership.
No deeds of madmen or evildoers, or knee-jerk legislation, will EVER end the right of the rest of us to keep and bear arms.

But, hey, thanks for acknowledging the agenda most of us always knew was the reality of the "common sense gun laws" mantra.

45,431 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Seriously? The laws that make it so easy for a person to buy a killing machine, while cannot even drink alcohol legally do not bother you? I call this hypocrisy. No civilized country in the world would ever allow this. Only in third world countries, parents worry about the safety of their kids at school. That does not really bother you right? And how exactly would they stop a wacko? Can you give me a specific example? What are they going to charge him with, without a crime? There are no wackos in other countries? Why they do not do mass shootings? Are you kidding me? Enough is enough. Guns should be illegal or at least the laws should be really-really strict.
And, there it is.

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
This isn't a meme...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Despite the above meme which you cut/pasted without attribution,
This is a meme I made about ghost guns.

That's why the left can't meme! They don't even know what a meme is!

Quote:
in those days regulated had both the above meaning as well as the conventional meaning of government regulated and you can't prove which definition they meant, nor can you disprove both definitions weren't intended.
Wrong. Those were cited from Oxford English dictionary...

Quote:
But giving you the benefit of the doubt, to which in-good-working-order militia did the Florida shooter belong? Las Vegas? Kentucky? Columbine?
None as the militia is to protect citizens from threats foreign and domestic.

Care to try again?

Old 02-17-2018, 05:26 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Militias in the time of the FF were organized and regulated by the states, and often had officers appointed by the states. This isn't even arguable. A well regulated militia means exactly what it sounds like. An official militia with officers and such, controlled and answerable to some authority such as the state or the federal government.
That's the national guard... not the militia...

Old 02-17-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Seriously, yes. And no I'm not kidding you. 99% of the people who legally buy these "killing machines" do so and never mis-use them. I'm all for stricter background checks, but also for enforcing current laws which don't seem to be enforced all of the time. And yes, more security at schools, and while we are at it don't allow kids to have back packs and convert to all digital books. Basic logic can solve the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies