Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 03:12 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
because those other groups can take off their scarves without fear of getting a whipping or an acid bath?

just guessing.
Nothing like that should ever happen to any woman, but do you really believe that there are no Muslim women who choose the hijab because they want to wear it?

Old 11-14-2017, 03:30 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
There is no sniping, I just don't understand what Christians have anything to do with this thread. That is all
Then ask TriMT7 instead of yelling at me.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
People's beliefs and customs are not immune from criticism because they wrap up their ideologies in a mandate from god.

The difference between a political ideology and a religion is merely authority and beliefs based on a higher power. And even then, the lines often cross. In the case of Islam and fundmenatal Christianity, there is in fact a mandate to intertwine the two. With Islam, there is no equivalent of "render unto Caesar." The very stated goal of Islam and "true Muslims" is to establish a worldwide caliphate.

That's when there is peace in Islam. When the entire world is Muslim.

Garbage in ---> garbage out.
You can move the goal posts all you want. I answered your question. Religious beliefs need to be protected even if you and I don't agree with them.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:46 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Then ask TriMT7 instead of yelling at me.
I don't think I yelled at you, now you are just being dramatic.

I responded to another poster, not you.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:50 PM

30,613 posts, read 18,198,614 times
I think this is a great idea. And I have heard nothing but good things about Ibtijah Muhammad. She seems like a good role model. And I'll take her fully clothed doll over a scantily clad typical barbie for any young female relations any day.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:58 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,750,727 times
Hijab wearing should not be encouraged, though it should not be prohibited either. It is not just a fashion but a symbol of religion.
Some countries already bans it in certain circumstances.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:02 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You can move the goal posts all you want. I answered your question. Religious beliefs need to be protected even if you and I don't agree with them.

They are protected. Every bat**** crazy religion and cult has the right to exist in this country as guaranteed by the first Amendment.

But let's get something straight: I.do.not.have.to.respect.crap.religions.like.Islam . I don't have to see the beauty in hijabs and burkas. I can think the mythology of Islam is unadulterated crap, and I can understand that the historical figure of Mohammed was a mass murdering, rapist pedophile.

I don't have to accept celebration of garbage religions. I don't have to "embrace diversity of religion." I merely have to agree that they have a right to exist. Which I do. I am a free speech absolutist, so I understand the right for ALL terrible ideas to exist within our borders. Be it Islam or Nazism or Anarchocommunism.

But it is MY responsibility to call out bad ideas. To fight against normalization and acceptance of bad ideas. To ridicule, to blaspheme and to hate on garbage ideas and religions like Islam or Scientology or the FLDS church or Westboro.... I will not give special deference just because the average Muslim is browner than than than the average Christian in this country.

People who throw the dagger of "Islamaphobia" are useful idiots for Islam. You have no place in Islam if you are not a part of it. Other than being a Dhimmi who has to pay Jizyah. And if you think the fate of western nations will somehow be different than anywhere else Islam has made inroads (from India to the Northern Africa to the SE Asia or the Middle East) then you need a reality check.

What we have here in the west is delicate and it is rare and it is precious. I will not cede it so you can feel better about embracing an ideology that has no time for pluralism and religious freedom if it is ever given teh change to grow and spread like the cancer it is.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,750 times
Quote:
But it is MY responsibility to call out bad ideas. To fight against normalization and acceptance of bad ideas. To ridicule, to blaspheme and to hate on garbage ideas and religions
Should have just stopped there, IMO

It is interesting that you can see a difference between Westboro and Christianity but "Islam" is bad.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:59 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times
Just don't let her drive Barbie Glam Convertible.....it is forbidden.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
They are protected. Every bat**** crazy religion and cult has the right to exist in this country as guaranteed by the first Amendment.

But let's get something straight: I.do.not.have.to.respect.crap.religions.like.Islam . I don't have to see the beauty in hijabs and burkas. I can think the mythology of Islam is unadulterated crap, and I can understand that the historical figure of Mohammed was a mass murdering, rapist pedophile.

I don't have to accept celebration of garbage religions. I don't have to "embrace diversity of religion." I merely have to agree that they have a right to exist. Which I do. I am a free speech absolutist, so I understand the right for ALL terrible ideas to exist within our borders. Be it Islam or Nazism or Anarchocommunism.

But it is MY responsibility to call out bad ideas. To fight against normalization and acceptance of bad ideas. To ridicule, to blaspheme and to hate on garbage ideas and religions like Islam or Scientology or the FLDS church or Westboro.... I will not give special deference just because the average Muslim is browner than than than the average Christian in this country.

People who throw the dagger of "Islamaphobia" are useful idiots for Islam. You have no place in Islam if you are not a part of it. Other than being a Dhimmi who has to pay Jizyah. And if you think the fate of western nations will somehow be different than anywhere else Islam has made inroads (from India to the Northern Africa to the SE Asia or the Middle East) then you need a reality check.

What we have here in the west is delicate and it is rare and it is precious. I will not cede it so you can feel better about embracing an ideology that has no time for pluralism and religious freedom if it is ever given teh change to grow and spread like the cancer it is.
Dude, I never said Islamaphobia and I never said you had to respect a damn thing.

Throwing an entire group of people under the bus, saying disgusting things about them, etc. is juvenile and weak. Especially as it relates to a darn DOLL of all things.

Muslims have been in this country since the 1700s. They are as American as you and I are. I will not cede their rights as Americans so you can feel "safe.:"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies