Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 08:29 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,506,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You say it's not their fault, but it seems you hate cops and are calling them ineffective. (I don't really think you were saying that, but it's the narrative we'd get if a "librul" made that comment. )

You are right, it's not their job to stop ALL crimes, but they play an important role. In this case, following the lockdown protocol saved more lives than having untrained citizens running around shooting the perps.
Nobody is suggesting police are ineffective or hating on police.

There simply is not a high enough concentration of police to be everywhere, every second of the day to prevent or handle these happenings.

However, with the right to keep and bear arms, and depending on states law, people may be armed to handle these threats themselves.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:29 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times
Quote:
Actually, following lockdown protocol stopped it, and saved a lot more lives than some redneck vigalante with a gun in Texas did at the Church Shooting.

I think the cry from the gun-lubbers was "it would have been much worse". Well, now we see another, apparently more effective way to stop this nonsense.

How come you're not as excited that kids lives were saved? Is it because it didn't promote more guns?
wow. sounds like that 'redneck vigilante' (sic) really pissed you off by saving lives that you couldn't otherwise smugly pretend to feel 'bad' about

tell us - how did you calculate the number of lives saved by this despicable 'red neck vigalante', as you call him, versus the lockdown protocol in CA?

Old 11-15-2017, 08:30 AM

89,157 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
You say it's not their fault, but it seems you hate cops and are calling them ineffective.
On the contrary, I specifically said...

"And that's not LEO's fault. We just simply cannot have an armed LEO guard for every US citizen/legal immigrant 24/7."

Old 11-15-2017, 08:34 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
A bit 'tongue in cheek' yes but it was a response to a particular poster who genuinely seems to think that this kind of thing would be a good idea - there is a post on here about 'bullet proof' backpacks for kids I notice! Seriously you guys have to do something about this, its ridiculous and not really much of a laughing matter. This 2nd amendment thing (whatever the hell that means anyway) seems to be 'brainwashed' into 'some' of you 'over there', for gods sake this (2nd amendment) thing does NOT make you 'more free' but it does KILL, I know its not easily solved but you have to at least 'try' to do something about the guns flooding your streets and killing your people, its FAR too tragic to do nothing.
Quote:
People in 'other' countries can have guns though can't they? I still don't see why you believe the 2nd Amendment (whatever the hell that is anyway) makes you 'more free'? If anything it sounds like it 'hinders' the population rather than making it 'more free'? No go area's, bullet proof backpacks, arming yourself to go to school! Doesn't sound very 'free' to me.
since you clearly have no clue what the second amendment means, why don't you look it up instead of complaining in ignorance?

just a thought.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:35 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,155,727 times
SCOTUS ruled that the police have NO obligation to protect.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:35 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,506,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow. sounds like that 'redneck vigilante' (sic) really pissed you off by saving lives that you couldn't otherwise feel smugly 'bad' about

tell us - how did you calculate the number of lives saved by this despicable 'red neck vigalante', as you call him, versus the lockdown protocol in CA?
The redneck vigilante didn't act sooner beings he didn't have loaded magazines or the rifle at the ready.

Quote:
Stephen Willeford, 55, said he was at his Sutherland Springs home Sunday when his daughter alerted him that she’d heard gunfire at the First Baptist Church nearby. Willeford said he immediately retrieved his rifle from his weapon safe.

“I kept hearing the shots, one after another, very rapid shots — just ‘Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop!’ — and I knew every one of those shots represented someone, that it was aimed at someone, that they weren’t just random shots,” Willeford said Monday during an interview with television stations KHBS/KHOG in Fort Smith and Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Willeford said he loaded his magazine and ran barefoot across the street to the church where he saw gunman Devin Patrick Kelley, 26, and exchanged gunfire.
In one breath condemn anyone who doesn't keep a firearm at the ready.
In the next breath, it's not good enough because he didn't keep a weapon at the ready.

The "redneck vigilante" needed to unlock his safe and load a magazine.
Can't have it both ways... one or the other.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:36 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I take it you aren't familiar with our Constitution or laws,

It makes us more free, because it affords individuals the right to keep and bear arms, to defend life property and from tyranny. .
What a load of crap. How are we "more free" when we are at the continual mercy of idiots with guns?

Old 11-15-2017, 08:40 AM

89,157 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What a load of crap. How are we "more free" when we are at the continual mercy of idiots with guns?
So... why make us even more so at their mercy by banning law-abiding citizens/legal immigrants from owning guns?

You completely failed to think through your response.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:51 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So... why make us even more so at their mercy by banning law-abiding citizens/legal immigrants from owning guns?

You completely failed to think through your response.
Oh, please. How can we be even more at mercy than we are now? In not one of these hundreds of mass shootings has anyone with a gun made us less at mercy. Not once. Like I said, it's a load of crap.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:02 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,654,399 times
Quote:
A bit 'tongue in cheek' yes but it was a response to a particular poster who genuinely seems to think that this kind of thing would be a good idea - there is a post on here about 'bullet proof' backpacks for kids I notice! Seriously you guys have to do something about this, its ridiculous and not really much of a laughing matter. This 2nd amendment thing (whatever the hell that means anyway) seems to be 'brainwashed' into 'some' of you 'over there', for gods sake this (2nd amendment) thing does NOT make you 'more free' but it does KILL, I know its not easily solved but you have to at least 'try' to do something about the guns flooding your streets and killing your people, its FAR too tragic to do nothing.

mmmm. Well, as to "us guys" there is a very large shooting community that actually does a good job of policing itself. "We" do not tolerate wannabe action heroes in our ranks and these nut jobs do not have any association with us. You don't see people like this at competition events, range sessions or in the CCW courses we operate.

Occasionally some would be gunslinger shows up in a class, but they are either ...educated..or tossed out. We host huge events, where literally everybody has a firearm and nobody does anything stupid. We take firearms VERY seriously, and resent being lumped in with these nut cases, who do NOT, in any way represent us.

I have tired of the "2a" thing" as you describe it with arguments of a stand against government coup are endlessly touted. Yes, there is an intent in the 2A for that, however the threats we have today are criminal. Not governmental.

I have had to use lethal force against two attackers once and my lady was assaulted by a would be rapist that forced her hand as well. The latter required post trauma counseling, and most poignantly group sessions with other victims.

The police are not an option for Americans. Things are different here ad policies such as the UK has will make them worse. Your weapons policies there, remember, are centuries old. Perhaps there may come a day here where being armed is not so critical, but it ain't there yet. Not by a long shot no pun intended.

Our population here has always been armed with the service firearms used by our armed forces. All the way back to when we changed landlords. When the capability of fully automatic fire became standard we still had access to the semi auto versions. These mass shootings have captured the imaginations of a lot of people, but the fact that such things that do not make headlines are happening every day. I places like CA who has the craziest gun laws I can bring to mind.

Places in LA, San Diego, even mega weirdo San Fran, are controlled by cartel foot soldiers we call street gangs. The people who have to live in these areas are denied their right to personal arms and CA sees self defense as a crime. "Us Guys" WOULD "do something" if only it wouldn't land us in prison.

"Us guys" see the example set by CA and others, mandating reliance on the police, and we don't like what we see. The positions you see here on CD are not really the ones concerning the vast majority of "us guys." Freedom has many faces as does oppression. We are agry with government, but government isn't who we see as the primary threat. They it just plants itself in the way. Truly, lead , follow or get the hell out of the way never hit home harder.

There is a truly capable citizen militia here that folks never see. Not a bunch of clowns in pieced together "uniforms" running around yelling "Murica." It is hidden behind the scenes. It does not fit the stereotypes that the anti 2A people want to project.

It's the quiet ones. There's another complete side to this and we ARE angry at all this shooting spree nonsense. No, it's not a laughing matter. But the solution does not lie in disarmament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies