Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 08:40 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You'd enjoy the book. I agree that Manson is directly responsible for those murders; if it wasn't for him, those kids wouldn't have ever done it.
I agree with this with the exception of Susan Atkins. The other kids were just mixed up kids who probably would have turned out okay if they hadn't gotten involved with Manson. But I think Atkins was a sociopath who would have turned out bad no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 08:47 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You'd enjoy the book. I agree that Manson is directly responsible for those murders; if it wasn't for him, those kids wouldn't have ever done it.
Well, Watson might have. He was a bad actor with a record before he ever met Manson.

The rest of them, I agree. Weak people who wanted to find a master - and found one.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:53 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,343 times
What a waste of taxpayer $ keeping that goof alive all of these years.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:56 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Well, Watson might have. He was a bad actor with a record before he ever met Manson.

The rest of them, I agree. Weak people who wanted to find a master - and found one.
Yeah, Watson was a creepy guy probably capable of anything. I heard he's now a born again Christian in prison. Same as "son of Sam" David Berkowitz.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:15 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There has to be a special place in HELL for this guy.
I saw a picture on the link the OP posted, he has a swastika tattooed on his forehead.. so you're right, unless by some miracle he repented for his sins.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...n16n-1-web.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-18-2017 at 03:56 AM..

Old 11-16-2017, 09:23 AM

128 posts, read 97,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Have to disagree. One of the victims being a glamorous Hollywood star would have made it a big story no matter what.
That's how things are these days. A Hollywood star has been murdered? Nuclear war with North Korea? The war will be lucky if it gets any press at all.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:25 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
He tied up the LaBiancas and then allowed the others to come in and murder the couple. By law, he was directly involved in the murder. He may not of used the knife to stab them but because of his actions they were killed. That qualified him for the death penalty, which was overturned to life in prison.
What - Are we talking LBJ and Nixon again?

Or are they just with Charlie?

Nowadays, Charlie is just America Today.

Or, America is Charlie today.

Or, something!

JFK! JFK!

JFK should have stayed, today!

Find the Charlie behind the scenes - and Git 'em Today!

Shake the bushes!

Git 'em! Git 'em! Git 'em!

Ike was a dirty d*ke! He killed as many innocents as he could, by orders of the Charlie.

Dresden. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dresde...athausturm.jpg

There's a big Charlie wagon out there!

Old 11-16-2017, 09:34 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I saw a picture on the link the OP posted, he has a swastika tattooed on his forehead.. so you're right, unless by some miracle he repented for his sins.
His swastika looks incomplete.

Is it like America, or something?

Old 11-16-2017, 09:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Charles Manson in grave condition at California hospital - NY Daily News

Looks like Charlie is finally going to the hell he richly deserves.
Good

Old 11-16-2017, 12:43 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I've always been a skeptic of the logic in this case, and the reputation given to him as a ruthless murderer. Bottom line: He didn't kill anybody.
But they’re pretty sure he killed a couple of Black Panthers earlier in his quest to start a race war. They just couldn’t prove it beyond a doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies