Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 10:24 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,566,433 times

Advertisements

Why should he resign? Did he do something? Did he grope someone? No? Then why should he resign?

Old 11-16-2017, 10:31 AM

923 posts, read 496,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that that picture was not during the show instead while traveling while she was sleeping.
That is correct.

Her quote from the article at KABC http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/

"The tour wrapped and on Christmas Eve we began the 36-hour trip home to L.A. After 2 weeks of grueling travel and performing I was exhausted. When our C-17 cargo plane took off from Afghanistan I immediately fell asleep, even though I was still wearing my flak vest and Kevlar helmet."

So yes she was in fact unconscious and sexually assaulted in her sleep by Sen Al Franken, Democrat, MN

Old 11-16-2017, 10:33 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,605,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
That is correct.

Her quote from the article at KABC http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/

"The tour wrapped and on Christmas Eve we began the 36-hour trip home to L.A. After 2 weeks of grueling travel and performing I was exhausted. When our C-17 cargo plane took off from Afghanistan I immediately fell asleep, even though I was still wearing my flak vest and Kevlar helmet."

So yes she was in fact unconscious and sexually assaulted in her sleep by Sen Al Franken, Democrat, MN
Pretending to grab her breasts but not actually touching them is in very poor taste but not even close to sexual assault.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:35 AM

20,803 posts, read 8,640,449 times
Reading about Frog Face Franken's behavior wasn't as bad as listening to the victim describe how Franken kissed her. Made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:35 AM

923 posts, read 496,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Pretending to grab her breasts but not actually touching them is in very poor taste but not even close to sexual assault.
Wrong.

"Although colloquially used interchangeably, in many jurisdictions, assault and battery are distinct crimes. In such jurisdictions, assault (also called attempted battery) is a threat or physical act that creates a reasonable apprehension of imminent harmful or offensive contact, whereas battery is a physical act that results in that harmful or offensive contact."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/assault_and_battery

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

What is Sexual Assault?

Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:36 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,986,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
That is correct.

That is what I thought. That other poster keeps insisting it was during the show. I guess that poster just wants to defend his side no matter what the accusations are. If you don't like the accusations, change them to suit your defense. Sad.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:39 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,465,695 times
For everyone saying that he didn't touch her, that's only what the still shot shows. How do you know that his hands weren't on the way up off her when the pic was taken or on their way down? Nobody but he and the photographer knows.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:39 AM

299 posts, read 256,165 times
Quote:
I agree, but shouldn't the bar be set a little higher than that for our elected officials? Based on what I've read about this I'm leaning towards "he should resign" but that may change depending on what his response is and if any other women come forward. If this accusation is true, and I think it is I bet he's done this before and we will probably hear from a few more women in the near future.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:42 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,986,288 times
Quote:
It is sexually demeaning and doing so while the person is sleeping and cannot defend herself. BUT probably not assault, probably harassment. However, sticking ones tongue forcibly down someone throat is. Please do not say she agreed to it because it was rehearsal. Nobody in their right mind believes that a kiss in a skit being rehearsal should involve tongue. This was not a soap opera.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:42 AM

19,730 posts, read 12,304,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Unconscious? Are you serious? It's a comedy skit. She's pretending to be asleep. He's pretending to grope her -- a joke in bad taste, yes, but it's a USO show, meant for rowdy soldiers. She's a Playboy model wearing a uniform.
They were not performing a skit on the plane, which is where this photo was taken. Skits are performed on a stage in front of an audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies