Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 11:47 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
As far as the kiss dunno. But I agree with what you're saying on the photo. Granted we don't know what happened before or after. "Accidental" slip maybe? Juvenile to put oneself in a position like that.

But that was in his "comedian days". He wasn't in office. This guy basically went from entertainer to politician. It does look bad though.
The point is that SHE WAS SLEEPING during this "joke" about grabbing her breasts. She was not awake. If she was she probably would not have been laughing. That is the point. SHE WAS SLEEPING AND DEFENSLESS WHILE MEN WERE STANDING OVER HER TAKING PICTURES AND DEGRADING HER.
That is not a joke. Maybe they thought it was. Its not.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:51 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
The point is that SHE WAS SLEEPING during this "joke" about grabbing her breasts. She was not awake. If she was she probably would not have been laughing. That is the point. SHE WAS SLEEPING AND DEFENSLESS WHILE MEN WERE STANDING OVER HER TAKING PICTURES AND DEGRADING HER.
That is not a joke. Maybe they thought it was. Its not.
Actually, there is another issue no one seems to have addressed. The picture clearly does not appear to be a selfie, so what about the person who took it? What, exactly, is their role in this, and their share of guilt?

Not asking to defend Franken, but it appears there was at least one other person involved.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:58 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I heard that Franken wrote a skit on SNL, which was never used (gee, wonder why) where he drugged Leslie Stahl and arranged her body, took pictures, then raped her.

Clearly he got his chance to live out the first part of that fantasy.
Source, please?

Old 11-16-2017, 11:58 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Thanks for the hometown perspective.

I think he's done a really good job when I've seen him in Senate hearings, but that's all I really know about him. I have heard him talk about his wife's alcoholism and he always comes across as down to earth.

My guess is that a lot of these people are not so nice in real life.
Like many complex people, he seems to have a number of different personas. I do think that he is basically a decent, caring man, but he also has a smug, arrogant, condescending side that comes out a lot (or used to, before he had to mind his behavior).

He used to have a minor reputation as a bit of a bully to people over whom he had power, like waiters and service staff. He's got a nasty, nasty mouth when he decides someone needs some slicing and dicing. I also recall incidents where he seemed drunk or on some sort of medication on local news shows, one of them at 10 AM on a Sunday. His speech was so badly slurred he was almost incoherent. I thought he was going to fall asleep in his chair. I suspect there are probably a few "bad Al" stories waiting to come out now that the door has been cracked open.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:02 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
It's a joke, there are other people around
Whoa! that violates the first rule of social justice tenants. Go to an Elsie Cross course, say that and you'd be crucified.

No way that is justified because of other people being around..... that inflates the issues and promotes and condones abuse.

Stewart Smalley has to resign.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:02 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
There's a story about to break about Al stalking a women. See if Mitch & the gang go after his head like they are doing to the judge cause there's more coming on other senators.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:04 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Actually, there is another issue no one seems to have addressed. The picture clearly does not appear to be a selfie, so what about the person who took it? What, exactly, is their role in this, and their share of guilt?

Not asking to defend Franken, but it appears there was at least one other person involved.
Probably some other dude that was laughing too, like a couple of frat boys going "honk, honk- hahaha! look she doesn't even know! Heee!"

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
There's a story about to break about Al stalking a women. See if Mitch & the gang go after his head like they are doing to the judge cause there's more coming on other senators.
It's about Melanie Morgan, the radio host. She just accused him.

Pretty soon we're just going to have to have a "Sticky" for Pervs in Politics.

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Makes me sad to hear the Franken allegations, but let the chips fall where they may. We all have to be consistent

Old 11-16-2017, 12:08 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
It's about Melanie Morgan, the radio host. She just accused him.

Pretty soon we're just going to have to have a "Sticky" for Pervs in Politics.
Yes, there seems to be no end in sight of this behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies