Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 11:57 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

Woman Raped by Former Al Franken Intern Wants Senator’s Name off Sexual Assault Victims Bill

The 22-year-old woman who was brutally raped by a man who once interned for Sen. Al Franken (D-MN), and who reached out to the lawmaker about passing federal legislation to help sexual assault victims, now says she wants a new sponsor following the revelations about his own sexual misconduct.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:07 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Al Franken’s legislative record is stellar.
Translation: Mindlessly votes lockstep Democrat 100% of the time.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Woman Raped by Former Al Franken Intern Wants Senator’s Name off Sexual Assault Victims Bill

The 22-year-old woman who was brutally raped by a man who once interned for Sen. Al Franken (D-MN), and who reached out to the lawmaker about passing federal legislation to help sexual assault victims, now says she wants a new sponsor following the revelations about his own sexual misconduct.
Is this Al Franken?

Old 11-18-2017, 04:15 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I see that most of the people who support Trump and/or conservative positions here have joined feminists calling for Franken's head in this trivial kissing/comedic groping matter. Big mistake. Everyone, including women, loses if society moves toward SJW-style puritanism.

Trivial? What if your sister or your mom were sleeping and Franken grabbed their breasts with a big smirk on his face. Is this okay?

Old 11-18-2017, 04:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Trivial? What if your sister or your mom were sleeping and Franken grabbed their breasts with a big smirk on his face. Is this okay?
Obviously if you look at the photo ~ he did not touch her breasts.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:49 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Exactly. Yes it was in very poor taste and yes he did accept the fact he did it and apologized for it and was forgiven by the victim. Yes it is time to move on.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What was wrong with Hillary staying true to her marriage vows?
Who said anything about her marriage or the vows?

Old 11-18-2017, 05:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We have not seen what happened just before or after the picture was taken so neither you nor I nor anyone else but those that were there KNOW what happened beyond that photo. Time is still ticking on Franken, there may or may not be more to follow.

Given the standards that've been laid out in the last year or so Franken has committed a grave offense and so Franken probably should resign...

Old 11-18-2017, 05:35 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Exactly. Yes it was in very poor taste and yes he did accept the fact he did it and apologized for it and was forgiven by the victim. Yes it is time to move on.
Well, it does seem that Franken acknowledge his indiscretion> apologised and opened himself into "Ethic's Hearings"... FAR Cry from Trump and all those others ( Mostly GOP types) who continue to do what they have done for decades!! That is "BlAME the victim" and deny!

Denial will no longer work into todays society... totally aberrant ANGRY evangelical type going from across STATE lines to POUND the table that it's all about politics and suggest any accusations ( which have zero judicial / legal consequences) are ALL Political...

Sorry but the #Me Too campaign suggests that what is being suggested is NOT so Political motivated!! It's all about how Powerful people often were predators and USE their POWER to Silence Victims!

All I can say is.. I can attest this is precisely how it's always worked in my younger years... BUT it did not STOP me from learning how to protect myself later on in my adult life!! Adult ( parents) really SHOULD teach such skills and forewarn their kids and teach them skills to deal with it!! It's taken a few generations to EXPOSE ABUSE like what's being exposed.. BUT It's a TIME OF RECKONING!! Denial and Victim Bashing is no longer an option!! Electronic data ability today will tumble these so called "Powerful" types will fall like their previous " House of Cards"!!! Good riddance to predator people!!!!!

Old 11-18-2017, 05:55 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
We have not seen what happened just before or after the picture was taken so neither you nor I nor anyone else but those that were there KNOW what happened beyond that photo. Time is still ticking on Franken, there may or may not be more to follow.

Given the standards that've been laid out in the last year or so Franken has committed a grave offense and so Franken probably should resign...
Franken himself asked for an investigation. Smart move so they can bring in the others there and clear his name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies