Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:10 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,553,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
EPA reform: Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt announced Oct. 9 a new set of rules that will override the Clean Power Plan, the centerpiece of President Barack Obama’s drive to curb global climate change. The agency is moving to undo, delay or block more than 30 environmental rules, the largest regulatory rollback in the agency’s 47-year history.
This is winning to a wingnut. No wonder it came from World Nut Daily.

The stoopid, it hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 12:15 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,122,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Some of them I did not know about but now I do.

Some of them I don't consider to be accomplishments like proclaiming a day for (fill in the blank), things still being worked on, things being considered/planned but no action yet.

It's worth a read, even if you object to some. I expect it will be a good State of The Union address next year.

The Big List of 149 Trump accomplishments

Which 10 impress you the most?
The fact that creating a holiday that no one is celebrating is on the list, tells me everything I need to know about this dung heap list

Old 11-17-2017, 12:24 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,362,706 times
The only Trump "accomplishment" I can think of is that he's so stupid and incompetent that he has "accomplished" the task of having control of all levers of govt., yet being completely ineffectual, and unable to pass even a single piece of legislation.

Sad!

Old 11-17-2017, 02:19 PM

16,118 posts, read 10,794,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
This list written by someone that thinks everything Trump does is the greatest thing ever even if Trump punched a 9 yr old in the face 3 times it would be the greatest thing ever
That would probably count as three accomplishments.
I've seen several of these lists of "accomplishments" and each is funnier than the last...but pathetic. You have to be a really sick person to think that cutting off medical coverage to poor people or trying to prevent them from having coverage while encouraging corporations to pollute the air we breathe or our drinking water is a positive accomplishment. Remember Flint, Michigan? Remember Puerto Rico? Well that's Trump's idea of a positive accomplishment. Instead we can look forward to tax relief for folks with private jets and the useless Trump sons hauling back Elephant trophies.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:26 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,852,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Some of them I did not know about but now I do.

Some of them I don't consider to be accomplishments like proclaiming a day for (fill in the blank), things still being worked on, things being considered/planned but no action yet.

It's worth a read, even if you object to some. I expect it will be a good State of The Union address next year.

The Big List of 149 Trump accomplishments

Which 10 impress you the most?
Its just a list of Trump alternative facts.

Broadcom already has a headquarter in US. Take his November accomplishment.

Job growth: President Trump announced in the Oval Office Nov. 2 that the semiconductor manufacturing company Broadcom Limited is moving its headquarters from Singapore to the United States.
Read more at 150 Trump accomplishments in 304 days

From Broadcom's release: Broadcom Limited | Financial News Release

SAN JOSE, Calif., and SINGAPORE, Nov. 02, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Broadcom Limited (Nasdaq:AVGO), a leading semiconductor device supplier to the wired, wireless, enterprise storage, and industrial end markets, today announced that it intends to initiate a redomiciliation process to change the parent company of the Broadcom corporate group from a Singapore company to a U.S. corporation. The redomiciliation will occur whether or not there is corporate tax reform in the United States, although the final form and timing of the redomiciliation will be affected by any corporate tax reform. The redomiciliation will be voted on by the Company’s shareholders and is expected to be effected in a manner intended to be tax-free to Broadcom’s equity holders.

Note the San Jose and Singapore. San Jose is the location of one of Broadcom's 2 corporate HQs. Note that their leaving Singapore was going to occur regardless of changes to corporate taxes. So what is it that Trump did?

Old 11-17-2017, 02:31 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,013,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Making changes that kick people off their insurance is not an accomplishment. Trump administration is trying to dismantle Obamacare without having the balls to go through with a replacement.
Trump promised multiple time to repeal and replace with a "better and cheaper" plan.

Haven't seen any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies