Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 04:15 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
NNNOOOO!!!!! REALLY?!?!??! you wouldnt kid me on that would you? my issue with smearing pirro for something stupid like speeding means the OP and others are getting extremely sanctimonious about minor violations, of which EVERYONE is guilty of. we ALL commit small violations of the laws during our lifetimes.

my advice would be remove the log from your own eye before you try to remove the stick from someone elses eye.
I don't know of any jurisdiction in which driving more than 40 mph over the speed limit would be considered a small or minor violation. The woman isn't being condemned for jaywalking or having a few unpaid parking tickets. A car driven at that speed on a public road is a deadly weapon, and she was waving hers carelessly at every other driver in sight. I am pretty sure not "EVERYONE" does this.

Full disclosure: I once reached 95 mph on a deserted highway in my MG, but I was 21 years old, and wouldn't dream of doing such a thing today. (Honestly, I was pretty horrified with myself for doing it then.) That woman does not have the excuse of youth, although that of stupidity may still apply. I should have known better 30 years ago, and she should definitely know better now.

Last edited by Catgirl64; 11-22-2017 at 04:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 04:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I cannot stand that arrogant loudmouth. She needs bringing down a peg or two. I hope this humbles her (though I doubt it).
"Arrogant loudmouth?" Is that what you call anyone who speaks truth to power who disagrees with your Leftist ideology? Just brush them off, because they are just right-wing kooks ...right?

Old 11-22-2017, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It would be interesting to see if in her history as a prosecutor she ever gave those clocked at well over 100mph a break. Let her pick what she planted.
She didn't prosecute misdemeanors. She prosecuted real crimes.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'm envious that there is so little traffic in NY state that she could go that fast.
Upstate New York is a beautiful area and there is very little traffic on those highways. We've driven the Southern Tier Expressway many times. Not sure what highway she was on, but just as an example. It is possible to go that fast and not be putting anyone else in danger.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Arrogant loudmouth?" Is that what you call anyone who speaks truth to power who disagrees with your Leftist ideology? Just brush them off, because they are just right-wing kooks ...right?
No, that is what we call arrogant loudmouths. Jeanine certainly fits the definition. You have heard her speak, yes?

She's LOUD. My father always had to turn his hearing aids down when she came bellowing on the scene of Fox News.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:14 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Upstate New York is a beautiful area and there is very little traffic on those highways. We've driven the Southern Tier Expressway many times. Not sure what highway she was on, but just as an example. It is possible to go that fast and not be putting anyone else in danger.
This is true. If you have never driven on these roads in that part of upstate NY, it can be very light traffic for stretches of 25 miles or more between one small town and the next. And it's not unusual to go some distance without seeing another car depending on where you are and the time of day.

To put it in perspective for those who live in larger metropolitan areas where heavy traffic is the norm..... if you commute 30 miles to work, you can easily get there in 25 minutes.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:17 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:

No, just her. She is an arrogant loudmouth.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:18 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:
Right, so we should all just drive 119 miles per hour then should we?

Old 11-22-2017, 06:28 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
This is true. If you have never driven on these roads in that part of upstate NY, it can be very light traffic for stretches of 25 miles or more between one small town and the next. And it's not unusual to go some distance without seeing another car depending on where you are and the time of day.

To put it in perspective for those who live in larger metropolitan areas where heavy traffic is the norm..... if you commute 30 miles to work, you can easily get there in 25 minutes.
Used to do 52 miles in 30-45 minutes 5-6 days per week.

Move to Florida where it's stop and go unless you use 95 or the pike, it's 30-45 minutes to go 15 miles...

Old 11-22-2017, 06:30 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Right, so we should all just drive 119 miles per hour then should we?
If you have the skill, if your vehicle can handle it, and the roads are conducive for it. Why not?

Residential areas, hell no.

Out up in the sticks of upstate NY where the only thing you need to worry about is a deer running out, why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies