Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 11:05 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Sure you did.
I did.. From Jacksonville to Ft Lauderdale. Of course slowed down when the radar detector went off, so did everyone else that was doing it. Man are people wussies nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 11:10 AM

8,155 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I did.. From Jacksonville to Ft Lauderdale. Of course slowed down when the radar detector went off, so did everyone else that was doing it. Man are people wussies nowadays.

Lol. Couldn't you at least use a highway in the middle of nowhere to make it at least slightly more believable.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:16 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-fan View Post
You've got to give credit to Faux News. No matter your gender, after getting away with shoveling nonsense at eager viewers, you develop a sense of entitlement.
how did she feel entitled? she admitted to speeding, and getting caught, and that she will pay the fine, because she still believes in law and order. so where is the entitlement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Why are you so hell bent on keeping this quiet? Are you her keeper? Why would I want to have anything on her anyway...I don't get a flip about her. I just know she's an anti-dem loud mouth. Her speeding like a bat outta hell made the news. Deal with it!
how do you figure i am trying to keep this quiet? you are spewing total garbage on this, a minor infraction of one of the laws in this country. sorry but speeding, even criminal speeding, is not a major felony in any state in the union, except perhaps ohio, and even then not really.

the only reason her speeding made the news was because she is who she is, a fox news host, and thus a celebrity of sorts. if she was some nobody doing this, it would never have gotten into the news and you know it. and the ONLY reason you are making a big deal out of this is because you are a hater of anything conservative, and want all conservatives to die a horrible death.

so admit it, you want to smear every conservative you can, and will use anything you can to do it with, even if it is something stupid like speeding.

are you going to try and smear me because i have done some speeding in my lifetime? i hit 125 a couple of times over the years, and have been over 100mph a number of times over the years. so what?

Old 11-21-2017, 11:35 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. Couldn't you at least use a highway in the middle of nowhere to make it at least slightly more believable.
It's possible-95 flat, visibility for miles. It's not hard to spot black and tan FHP in the medians and under bridges...

I can get to west Palm in half an hour and it's not because of 70-75mph....

You get passed on 95 for going 80 like you're standing still...

Old 11-21-2017, 12:30 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Visiting your mother is no excuse for driving that fast. Thank the gods, no one was hurt or killed because of her recklessness.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/fox-ne...iving-119-mph/

Ex-Westchester County District Attorney and Fox News personality Jeanine Pirro was busted for driving 119 mph in upstate New York, cops said Monday. The outspoken ex-prosecutor was stopped along Route 17 in the town of Nichols at 1:15 p.m. Sunday, the state police said. The speed limit where Pirro was stopped is 65 mph.

Pirro’s mom, Esther Pirro, told The Post that her daughter, who hosts TV’s “Justice with Judge Jeanine,†was on her way to visit when she got pulled over. The elder Pirro lives in Elmira, just west of Nichols, and is battling cancer. “I am so sorry I made her speed like that. She’s too much concerned about me,†Esther Pirro said. She’s very much concerned about my illness.â€

That's a reckless driving citation. Fine for that here is 800 bucks. I figure she can afford the fine. It's points on your license to. I don't know what NY does but it's probably stiffer than NV. Our roads here are made for high speed. Speed limit on I80 is 80 mph. That's plenty fast enough for me but I get passed all the time and left like I'm letting grass grow.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:39 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Wonder why in this story, they dont call this road by its other name: I86. 119 is excessive and deserving of a license suspension, but I get the feeling they used Rt 17 to give the image of her speeding down a 2 lane country road.
It was Rt17 for decades before being slowly changed over to I86. Some places it's still only marked as 17 without an 86 sign in sight.

Personally, I'll never get used to it being 86......it will always be 17 in my mind.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:51 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
NYS Route 17 through the southern tier is remarkably straight and level. It follows the Susquehanna and Chemung River valleys. The only real traffic is encountered around Binghamton.
And calling traffic in Binghamton "real traffic" is a bit of a stretch.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:22 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,565,672 times
Not surprised that she has no regard at all for others. She not only endangered herself but did so to all the nearby drivers on the road. I can give some leeway for speeding a bit over the limit. I however have zero tolerance for someone that drives 119 on public roadways. LOCK HER UP!

Old 11-21-2017, 03:20 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
how do you figure i am trying to keep this quiet? you are spewing total garbage on this, a minor infraction of one of the laws in this country. sorry but speeding, even criminal speeding, is not a major felony in any state in the union, except perhaps ohio, and even then not really.

the only reason her speeding made the news was because she is who she is, a fox news host, and thus a celebrity of sorts. if she was some nobody doing this, it would never have gotten into the news and you know it. and the ONLY reason you are making a big deal out of this is because you are a hater of anything conservative, and want all conservatives to die a horrible death.

so admit it, you want to smear every conservative you can, and will use anything you can to do it with, even if it is something stupid like speeding.

are you going to try and smear me because i have done some speeding in my lifetime? i hit 125 a couple of times over the years, and have been over 100mph a number of times over the years. so what?
Posting a thread on C-D isn't smearing. And lol at you...why would I start a thread about you on C-D? This board isn't about you. Give it a rest.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:00 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
We rented a Benz out in Arizona. Yeah, 119 doesn't feel that fast.

I've been ticketed for going 83 in a 65 on an upstate NY road. I've also been let off for going 80 in a 40 way, way, way upstate. Depends on a lot of things. Never been caught over 100, probably because that's not a sustained speed for me. Temporary. Usually to get away from some cluster of f'ed up drivers.
NJST were becoming pretty lax for a while. All kidding aside I have had cars blow by me like I was standing still at 80mph. At certain times of the day, they would give you close to 100. I noticed early this year they started cracking down. When I drive in NY state I take it easy. Especially upstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies