Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 11:09 AM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times

Advertisements

Black Friday should be a day when everyone puts $500 toward their mortgage principal instead of blowing it on cheap Chinese crap. Let’s get Americans out of the Red and into the Black.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:10 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Well, here we have arrived at another Black Friday. This is something that I just can't conceptualize. A mob of people (some of whom started on Thanksgiving evening, for added effect)....swarm the malls early in the morning, in some cases, beating down the doors and each other to grab the latest, greatest, and cheapest 'stuff' that is out there. One item on the shelf, and two people competing? Don't be afraid....do what you have to do, throw an elbow, kick an ankle, GET THAT STUFF for yourself. Making the day even dumber --- these days you can get the same stuff on line if you need it, for roughly the same cost, and without any of the hassle.

As a minimalist - I just don't get it. For most of my life I've only bought what I need, when I need it.
As a gen X guy, I have the millennial attitude of - I'd rather spend money on experiences - trips, a game, a good concert, than on more things.

My family and I will be far away from the malls today.

Who's with me in giving the finger to this nonsense?
Ha, you sound just like my husband and I.

We both refuse to shop today for any reason, even groceries. I'm not dealing with a mob of rabid animals, no thank you...I'll wait for tomorrow morning to go grocery shopping.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:14 AM

3,206 posts, read 2,489,373 times
I am taking a walk in the woods today. We are downsizing and really don’t NEED anything that desperately to spend the night waiting to be crushed in the rush. Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Why cant there ever be a Black Friday at grocery stores where food is 50-60%?
now that would be a black Friday sale I could go for

Old 11-24-2017, 11:16 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,651,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I need to go to Costco. Think I'll wait till next Tuesday or Wednesday when everyone gets back to work.
^^^me too^^^

Need Diet Coke and avocados.

I can only imagine the crowds.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:32 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Well, here we have arrived at another Black Friday. This is something that I just can't conceptualize. A mob of people (some of whom started on Thanksgiving evening, for added effect)....swarm the malls early in the morning, in some cases, beating down the doors and each other to grab the latest, greatest, and cheapest 'stuff' that is out there. One item on the shelf, and two people competing? Don't be afraid....do what you have to do, throw an elbow, kick an ankle, GET THAT STUFF for yourself. Making the day even dumber --- these days you can get the same stuff on line if you need it, for roughly the same cost, and without any of the hassle.

As a minimalist - I just don't get it. For most of my life I've only bought what I need, when I need it.
As a gen X guy, I have the millennial attitude of - I'd rather spend money on experiences - trips, a game, a good concert, than on more things.

I've never been in a store on Black Friday.

But this is simply a head start on Christmas.

And this is the true meaning of Christmas in this country.

Arguing about what greeting is appropriate is a joke. Who cares? It's mostly about the store sales.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Funny, if its something you want, going out the day after Thanksgiving is okay for i.e $.04 bullets, Lol

Like bullets is something you're going to use everyday as you claim to be a minimalist, vs a computer, TV, refrigerator, home appliances.

Why cant there ever be a Black Friday at grocery stores where food is 50-60%?
There is at the day old bread stores!

Old 11-24-2017, 11:44 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
I was in Walmart last night, just before black-friday.......it looked like they were setting-up for
some sort of extreme contact-sport.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:53 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,009,175 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk

Old 11-24-2017, 11:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I was in Walmart last night, just before black-friday.......it looked like they were setting-up for
some sort of extreme contact-sport.
They were! There were several swat dressed cops as well as K9 cops at our very small Walmart looking like they were about to patrol in Baghdad or Kandahar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies