Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 11:56 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
He can build apts anywhere I would think.
Maybe he could build a great big unit in Chappaqua, New York?

Would also like to mention the his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has built low-income apartments and has gotten plenty of grief over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 12:36 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Waah, waah, waah, that guy has more money than me! He should do this and that with it.

Were you alive when they dumped all of the mentally ill people on the streets creating a whole bunch of homeless then closed down mental hospitals? You might have heard the PC word, deinstitutionalization. Yeah - the do-gooders wanted them living in a less restrictive environment because I guess, cardboard boxes and sewer grates are so much better than psychiatric hospitals. I bet they don't teach that in school.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:46 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
If he's so great, as some here say, why not help the less thans and build housing in various cities across the country. He has done great job of building for the greedy.
Why hasn't Clinton spent her millions building housing for the poor?
Why hasn't Bernie (earned $1,000,000 last year alone) spent his money building housing for the poor?
Why hasn't your liberal Hollywood elite spent their money building housing for the poor?

It isn't Trumps or anyone elses responsibility to build housing for someone else. The US already spends over half a trillion ($500,000,000,000) on welfare at what point is enough, enough?

Why haven't YOU built housing for the poor? Only interested in spending other peoples money? Or like everyone else would you rather spend your money building for people who can pay for it? Or are you like so many liberals who think it's greedy to want to keep what you earned but not greedy to want to take what someone else earned.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:08 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,146,625 times
Quote:
If he's so great, as some here say, why not help the less thans and build housing in various cities across the country. He has done great job of building for the greedy.

I'm not sure I understand. Were you imagining that Trump has the slightest interest in helping people? He's only interested in the fastest route to more money (and publicity).

Old 11-25-2017, 03:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Yes and if I moved out the apt owners would ask for the sky for my unit, 3 times what I pay.

I am one of the 99% and our great president is a big part of the 1%.
Just think, part of that rent you paid included taxes. When people say they want to raise taxes they don't have a clue that they are raising their expenses. What? Yep, you pay them indirectly and that's yet another reason it's easy to fool the fools into supporting higher taxes.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Why hasn't Clinton spent her millions building housing for the poor?
Why hasn't Bernie (earned $1,000,000 last year alone) spent his money building housing for the poor?
Why hasn't your liberal Hollywood elite spent their money building housing for the poor?

It isn't Trumps or anyone elses responsibility to build housing for someone else. The US already spends over half a trillion ($500,000,000,000) on welfare at what point is enough, enough?

Why haven't YOU built housing for the poor? Only interested in spending other peoples money? Or like everyone else would you rather spend your money building for people who can pay for it? Or are you like so many liberals who think it's greedy to want to keep what you earned but not greedy to want to take what someone else earned.
Clinton is more interested in becoming a billionaire than helping the poor,
Hollywood is more interested in impressing each other than to help the poor,

They're all talk and no action when it comes to their money, and then they think they have compassion because they want to force other people to pay for it.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:50 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Maybe he could build a great big unit in Chappaqua, New York?

Would also like to mention the his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has built low-income apartments and has gotten plenty of grief over it.

I'll look at their zoning, but I'm guessing there is nowhere to build apartments in Chappaqua.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Just think, part of that rent you paid included taxes. When people say they want to raise taxes they don't have a clue that they are raising their expenses. What? Yep, you pay them indirectly and that's yet another reason it's easy to fool the fools into supporting higher taxes.

Problem is, when you rent, cost changes work only in one direction. Property tax cuts don't result in rent reductions.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I'll go for it, but not in my city. We have quite enough Habitat for Humanity projects and other low income housing. I would like him to put his low-income project in New Canaan, Darien, Ridgefield or Wilton Ct.

The ensuing uproar in the above listed towns would provide me entertainment for months, even years.

How about low-income housing with a work requirement? Public housing originally had minimum income requirements which kept out the welfare class.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Problem is, when you rent, cost changes work only in one direction. Property tax cuts don't result in rent reductions.
In all my life I never saw a property tax cut so I wouldn't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies