Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 02:10 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Voters knew that Trump was not a polished politician skilled in political correctness and sugar coating life to keep the populace in an artificial state of hypnosis. He is crass and straight forward and lacking in professional etiquette as are a great many Americans.

Some voters are tired of being coddled and charmed and are more concerned with the actual issues instead of focusing on the window dressing.
Not being eloquent and direct is very different from taking a lowbrow, self-centered potshot at a political opponent DURING an honor ceremony. If you can't tell the difference between choosing to indulge your petty, immature feelings of dislike while honoring Americans and accidentally putting your foot in your mouth over a turn of words, well, there's no hope for you. It's okay to like/love Trump and admit he was self-indulging here while he was supposed to be putting Native Americans' honor FIRST. He is just too much a narcissist to think of anyone in the room but himself. You are obviously right there with him.

Last edited by ChristineVA; 11-28-2017 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 02:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Voters knew that Trump was not a polished politician skilled in political correctness and sugar coating life to keep the populace in an artificial state of hypnosis. He is crass and straight forward and lacking in professional etiquette as are a great many Americans.

Some voters are tired of being coddled and charmed and are more concerned with the actual issues instead of focusing on the window dressing.
I have been voting since the early 1990s and I've never felt like I was being coddled by politicians or that anything was being sugar-coated.
I don't need someone who can only speak in 2-syllable words and doesn't understand how governments function to tell me things I know more about than he does.

If Americans would take a few more Civics and Political Science courses in high school and college, maybe they could handle a politician with an education and some common damned sense.

Just a thought.

I don't like all those "crass" people who are "lacking in professional etiquette" any more than I like him.

You don't have to be the VP of a Fortune 500 company to know how to conduct yourself in public. I've seen garbage collectors with more public speaking skill and finesse than Trump.

Sidebar: Straightforward people don't lie like he does. They tell the truth.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:28 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yesterday President Trump referred to leftist fanatic Congressman Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas", a reference to her pretending she had Indian ancestry when she didn't, to get various jobs and admittance under racial "affirmative Action" programs.

In referring to it (as many people call her "Fauxcahontas"), he was reminding people of her duplicity.

Liberals in the media immediately ginned up their usual "outrage", claiming the remark was somehow "offensive" or "racist". Despite the fact that it was Warren herself who told people she was an Indian.

But none of them seemed to mind her actually faking her ancestry.

When people point out the truth about their lies, liberals are far more outraged than they are over the fact that they lied themselves.

And the liberals still can't figure out why nobody listens to them or takes them seriously any more.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack - CNNPolitics
Guess you didn't read all the posts as to why she may have thought she was native american? She wasn't duplicitous at all. As with many of us, she believed what she was told by her parents and others. It wasn't until I took a DNA test through Ancestry.com that I became aware that I was less than one percent native american. I had been told by my mom and other elder family members that I had native american ancestry on both sides. They were wrong. It happens.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
On the one hand, I'm upset with Trump for waking that pig up, but to see her scream and yell false claims of racial slurs, makes it all worth it.

No racial slur there. What it is? Just an insult to Pocahontas, and a reminder what a shameful crook Elizabeth Warren is.
Navajo Nation said it was a slur. You don't get to make that call.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Don't know about you, but I've never been coddled or charmed by politicians. And I would actually like the leader of the free world to act like someone deserving of that title. Since when does ignorance and tweeting insults at every Tom, Dick and Harry constitute leadership?

Old 11-28-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Navajo Nation said it was a slur. You don't get to make that call.
Of course it was a slur.

If I was to walk up to you and you were Asian and I referred to you as "Wong Fu" despite the fact that your name is "trobesmom," I'm pretty sure you'd find it to be a slur in that context.

Slurs are not always slurs.

You can call a buddy "You old Bastard!" and he'll laugh. Call someone you don't know that, and watch them prepare to curse you out.

It's all about the context.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: In fact, it wasn't offensive to anyone. No on has said he was offended, except for fanatic leftists whose entire lives are centered around finding things to be offended over.
But we'll keep repeating it over and over, in hopes that people will believe it, and it will become The Truth. Our mentor said it would!
The Navajo Nation was offended.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:33 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

No racial slur there. What it is? Just an insult to Pocahontas, and a reminder what a shameful crook Elizabeth Warren is.

Ok, so she's a crook? IS this REALLY the time to be pointing crap like this out? Is his ego so big that he needs to bash someone on the left or anyone that doesn't agree with him at every event??

Old 11-28-2017, 02:34 PM

Explain how it was determined to be their lands?[/quote]

Have you studied history at all?

Old 11-28-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Guess you didn't read all the posts as to why she may have thought she was native american? She wasn't duplicitous at all. As with many of us, she believed what she was told by her parents and others. It wasn't until I took a DNA test through Ancestry.com that I became aware that I was less than one percent native american. I had been told by my mom and other elder family members that I had native american ancestry on both sides. They were wrong. It happens.
My great grandma was 1/4 Cherokee. Or, so I have always been told by my entire family on my mom's side... Including my great grandma when she was alive (she died when I was 20, so I knew her a long time).

That would mean I'd be... 1/32nd Cherokee.

I guess I might take a test and find out otherwise, but if I was, say... allegedly 1/8 Cherokee like my grandma supposedly is, I might just tell folks about it in a more serious context and if I found out I was wrong, I'd just say "well, that's not what I was told, but I guess what I was told was wrong."

Which is pretty much was Warren did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies