Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 01:15 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,971,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So men should take responsibility for their actions but women shouldn't? Is that what you're saying?
yep that’s exactly what I’m saying?

Old 11-29-2017, 01:17 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,429,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Angela Lansbury: attractive women 'must sometimes take the blame' for sexual harassment

Ummm....Totally disagree here. A lot of older women think this. I have no idea why.

My mother in law thinks this as well.

I honestly wonder if this thought comes from a place where the older woman feels they are no longer attractive, and feel the need to take it out on the younger generation? There always seems to be some tinge of jealousy among the older women that say this.

No idea, just thinking out loud.
Nah... they thought this when they were younger, too.

It's the environment in which they were raised, where men ruled, and women were subservient most of the time.

They've been trained to think that women are "asking for it."

Old 11-29-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So men should take responsibility for their actions but women shouldn't? Is that what you're saying?
What actions, exactly? Wearing clothes that some guy decided looked attractive?

I mean, if you're talking about a woman molesting a man, I'm right there with you... she should take responsibility.

But, getting dressed in a nice outfit that makes her feel pretty is something they need to be held accountable for?

Why????

Old 11-29-2017, 01:19 PM

7,005 posts, read 4,020,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
There were supposed to be good girls and bad girls back then but men didn't always respect that. Secretaries wore skirt suits all buttoned up and it didn't stop the boss from chasing them around the desk.
Thankfully that never happened to my mom. The worst thing that happened to her professionally was when the told the head of the bank she worked for that she wanted to work for the mortgage dept. He told her she was "a willing worker and they get little consideration." He also said to someone else that he didn't think she had the guts (or whatever) to look for a job elsewhere. Mom applied to do the books at a construction firm, the president of which was one of her bank customers, and the bank head almost had a stroke when she handed in her resignation. She graduated from Albany Business School with High Honors, a school that actually rejected one of my dad's sisters because "there isn't anything we can teach you that you don't already know."

The only time she ever told me about that she was harassed was on the school bus when she was 13. Some boy pulled up the back of her skirt, and she turned on him and bashed him over the head with her lunchbox. When she got home she told my grandmother about it, and my grandmother (who was a widow by this time) went over to the boy's house and gave his mother hell about it.

Quote:
For some reason my mom was taught by her parents that it was a privilege for guys to harass her, for them to whistle, follow and show they think she is attractive. Of course she was only allowed to date "nice boys" and to behave in a ladylike manner. I guess the parents wanted to be assured she was still attractive enough to get a husband, or something. She was a late bloomer.
Ugh... I'll pass. I purposefully keep myself out of circulation, because I don't buy at all into the idea that you "need" a relationship or marriage in order to live a full life. I've known of several women who lived in a fool's paradise because they had the Ideal Man, yet what they didn't know is that he was stepping out on them.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:21 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,606,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What actions, exactly? Wearing clothes that some guy decided looked attractive?

I mean, if you're talking about a woman molesting a man, I'm right there with you... she should take responsibility.

But, getting dressed in a nice outfit that makes her feel pretty is something they need to be held accountable for?

Why????
Like papa Bush, Angela has grown too old for anything she says or does to be taken seriously.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:21 PM

27,073 posts, read 12,005,275 times
She is old as dirt and has antiquated views.

[/b]
Quote:
Angela Lansbury: attractive women 'must sometimes take the blame' for sexual harassment

Ummm....Totally disagree here. A lot of older women think this. I have no idea why.

I honestly wonder if this thought comes from a place where the older woman feels they are no longer attractive, and feel the need to take it out on the younger generation? There always seems to be some tinge of jealousy among the older women that say this.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Like papa Bush, Angela has grown too old for anything she says or does to be taken seriously.
Indeed.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:33 PM

6,806 posts, read 5,699,987 times
Wait.. so i have seen a few comments about looking at a woman's BUTT. Is looking at someones butt considered sexual harassment.. ? Geez, if so.. i can't leave the house any more.. dammit!

Old 11-29-2017, 01:48 PM

18,483 posts, read 7,153,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Wait.. so i have seen a few comments about looking at a woman's BUTT. Is looking at someones butt considered sexual harassment.. ? Geez, if so.. i can't leave the house any more.. dammit!
The issue seems to get purposely conflated , not only in this type of discussion but in those about elected officials or other famous personalities accused of some type of harassment etc.

I don't think everyone does it on purpose, but the entire scope of possible offences from simply looking at a woman, to actual harassment and up to including rape and pedophilia seem to all get lumped into the same category by some people as if they are all the same thing.

They are not.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:54 PM

18,009 posts, read 15,713,463 times
Quote:

ehhhhh...d'wann know bout dat. Are older women jealous of younger women being harassed in the workforce? I don't think so but...truth is stranger than fiction they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies