Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 08:34 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times

Advertisements

IF they were so angry about it, then why the HELL did it get passed???? While not a far of either party but why pass it if the left was so opposed to it?? All this does is show everyone that there is NO difference between the two parties!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 08:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
You're delusional, buddy. There will be no "glory" connected to a tax bill that destroys the American middle class, while kissing the bloated a$$e$ of the rich. And no one, at any time, in the future, will refer to Donald Trump as "heroic." You clearly have no idea what is in this tax bill, and are simply parroting what right-wing media is spouting. Educate yourself. Better yet, read Orwell's 1984.
Delusional is all those who praise the ACA but condemn this bill. Both parties have been screwing the middle-class for a very long time. The biggest screwing in decades was the ACA. Were you outraged?
Yes I believe the rich can and should pay more. I also blame both parties for writing tax codes that spare the rich. I blame both parties for their pork spending and for a very wasteful defense budget of nearly 700 billion.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:35 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but then again screwing people in CA is a valuable aide benefit to conservatives in this whole thing."

"and claim state tax deduction"

Funny, the REASON you have high property taxes is because of DEMOCRATS but, go ahead and try to blame conservatives.

Instead of whining about conservatives why DON'T YOU do something about your high property taxes?

YOUR LOCAL TAXES is NOT the responsibility of the FEDERAL government. Sorry!

The rest of the people in the country should NOT have to make up the difference in your LOCAL taxes.
My property taxes are about 1.25%, genius. They are not that high. My HOUSING COSTS are high, so the dollar amount of the tax is substantial.

And I'm pretty sure I pay way more in Fed tax than you do.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:35 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,554,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Republicans are backing a mess of a president who may well be a traitor as well as a robber baron tax bill.

Now, if they can only get that child molester elected.
The problem is that almost all (but not quite) of Republicans in Congress are traitors to the American people, so they're backing their mirror image. The most corrupt Congress in American history, no doubt about it.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:37 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
And so does reducing taxes... 2 sides of the coin here.
ROFLMAO. ONLY spending creates debt. My goodness, learn just some basic math and accounting skills please.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:38 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,931,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
America's response should be to throw these Republicans who voted for this bill out next year.

I especially sympathize with squeezed Trump voters who believed Trump's rhetoric that he was going to take care of them. He sure took care of them alright. We New Yorkers tried to warn the rest of the country that Trump has no conscience and would say anything to get what he wants. Now, it's obvious that the guy that said that this bill was going to hurt himself and his rich friends was lying through his teeth. His family will benefit by a billion dollars and his rich friends are high-fiving him. I am sure they are thinking that voters are just so stupid, to fall for another GOP grifter play.

Trump hasn't drained the swamp. He created the black lagoon, with him as the creature from the black lagoon.
Personally, I try to remain optimistic or positive when it comes to the American people. As Senator Sanders said, "the American people are catching on." Hoping we all are.

After all, we all are 99% of US.

The downside is we don't elect the lobbyist lawyer lapdog legislators who represent the 1%.

5,051 posts, read 3,583,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No it isn't.

But the losers always complain that it is.
That applied to you during the previous president's term...

10,790 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Imagine how disastrous the economy would be if Hillary was President, she'd be content with the current tax rates plus she'd have kept Obama's regulations, handcuffing the business world.
And the stock market would not have grown by 6000 since last November....

Old 12-02-2017, 08:39 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The middle class Americans building aircraft and working in the transit industry will think differently.

Only the leftists think its a good thing for the government impose excessive taxes on Americans and business.
You are just pulling crap out of the air because you don't know what the bill does.

The bill doesn't give manufacturers a tax break. It lowers taxes on payments of private aircraft owners to management companies that help maintain, store and staff those planes for owners. Do you really think that without this tax break the elite would give up their private jets and fly commercial -- sitting next to that crying kid?

Gee, I didn't know that private jet owner were so poor that they needed a tax break.

Whatever happened to "the government shouldn't be picking winners and losers?" I know, it doesn't apply to the rich.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:40 AM

46,314 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Republicans are backing a mess of a president who may well be a traitor as well as a robber baron tax bill.

Now, if they can only get that child molester elected.
You obviously have no clue what the definition of traitor is...just more lock step blather from the left...

Who is a child molester? You better get to gloria and give your absolute 100% evidence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies