Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 06:10 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You would be guilty of manslaughter.

Depends on the circumstance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I care about it because he stole the freaking gun, was reckless with it, and it resulted in a death. Involuntary manslaughter at the very least. This is a miscarriage of justice that's sickening, and you'd better believe that if a regular Joe had done the same thing, you'd have a completely different outcome.
But, but ,but he was just a poor undocumented immigrant who should've been welcomed into our country, set up in a house and given a $50k a year job and this wouldn't have happened.

Right up there with the OJ acquittal of course, brought to you from a sanctuary city...

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
This is simply the collateral cost of a gun rich environment. We insist upon the need to be armed and arm our police. The result is that guns get loose and people get killed even accidentally.

I presume we consider it a good tradeoff. Lots of guns...lots of accidents. Very few guns less accidents. But I would think we have decided the good done by guns overcomes the collateral damage.

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
What as the basis for the jury's decision since there was no link provided. We already know that he did it. Shouldn't it least have been a 2nd degree murder or manslaughter conviction?

Old 11-30-2017, 06:11 PM

19,214 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Next up a lawsuit coming from the Steinle family. The city's going to have a tough time explaining why they released this guy even after a request for hold by the immigration department. Hope they have a lot of money in the coffer.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:11 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Bottom line is, we simply are not always going to get the results we want in situations like this. Somehow this jury was convinced that this man did not commit murder. And that's really all there is to say about it. There is truly no need for any of us to get wrapped up tight in this one, because it is over and nothing we say or do will change the outcome. The man has been found "not guilty" by a jury of his "peers" and that's how the system works. Or doesn't work, in some cases. This may very well be one of the latter, and that is really sad, but it doesn't change the result.

In this day and age, many innocent men/women are being persecuted while the guilty are allowed to go free from justice. So how could we expect anything different in this case, especially considering where the incident happened and who the perpetrator was. With illegal immigrants being such a hotbed issue for the left, and the fact that California is the ultimate safe haven for these immigrants, this verdict should come as no surprise. My thoughts and condolences go out to the family of Kate Steinle. I know they will feel justice has not been reached in this case, but I hope they will eventually find some peace in the future.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Undocumented man acquitted of murder for death of Kate Steinle - by m_barba - November 30, 2017 - The San Francisco Examiner

Aquitted of all charges except possession of a firearm..

Well we can shoot a gun and if it bounced off something and kills someone it is ok.. lets all just shoot and see if we kill someone.. unbelievable.

We are not safe and life is cheap with this verdict... the jurors should be shot! Maybe theywould get the drift!
His lawyer (that piece of shat) claimed that it went off on it's own (yeah, sure) and that since he had a second grade education he was too stupid to know any better...

Old 11-30-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I'm not a big time be liver in lawsuits.

He got the weapon that was issued to BLM officer.
I'd go after Bureau of Land Management.

So much for federal bureaus being responsible with firearms.
So that automatically absolves the dirtbag that STOLE it and KILLED someone? C'mon, really?

Old 11-30-2017, 06:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is at least a reasonable story the guy picked up a bundle under his seat and the gun discharged. There was apparently no evidence the guy stole the gun or had knowledge it was a gun. And clearly it was not aimed at the young lady. if he had been a citizen the charges would never have been brought.

The por right wingers bought in to the deception. And now feel betrayed.
What deception? A murder occurred and he pulled the trigger.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:15 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Bottom line is, we simply are not always going to get the results we want in situations like this. Somehow this jury was convinced that this man did not commit murder. And that's really all there is to say about it. There is truly no need for any of us to get wrapped up tight in this one, because it is over and nothing we say or do will change the outcome. The man has been found "not guilty" by a jury of his "peers" and that's how the system works. Or doesn't work, in some cases. This may very well be one of the latter, and that is really sad, but it doesn't change the result.

In this day and age, many innocent men/women are being persecuted while the guilty are allowed to go free from justice. So how could we expect anything different in this case, especially considering where the incident happened and who the perpetrator was. With illegal immigrants being such a hotbed issue for the left, and the fact that California is the ultimate safe haven for these immigrants, this verdict should come as no surprise. My thoughts and condolences go out to the family of Kate Steinle. I know they will feel justice has not been reached in this case, but I hope they will eventually find some peace in the future.
The jury was probably full of illegals (I'd like to use the term Cesar Chavez and Eisenhower used for illegals, I'm so peeved at illegals right now, but I'd get banned.) itself. Criminals protecting criminals.

BOYCOTT SAN FRANCISCO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies