Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 07:35 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,267,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
We all know, or should know, about hermaphrodites, as well as homosexual and androgynous behavior--behavior that's irrespective of one's sex. Behavior is not the issue, anyway, nor is the diverse animal kingdom.

In the absence of an anomaly, the sex of a human is apparent in one's DNA, and there are only two. Sex can even be determined by certain bone fragments. Hormone treatments and surgical mutilation won't change that.

Educate yourself. And try to do better than Google.
It's easier to just close one's mind and think of what they were taught when they were three years old. Education is for snowflakes, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 07:37 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,595,829 times
Why does anyone care if someone else, is gay, straight, bisexual, androgynous, transgender or something else? I certainly don't. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. I am more concerned that the government regulates this type of thing in the first instance.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:09 AM

25,982 posts, read 22,176,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Why does anyone care if someone else, is gay, straight, bisexual, androgynous, transgender or something else? I certainly don't. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. I am more concerned that the government regulates this type of thing in the first instance.
Because it is pushed in their faces. Because bathrooms, showers and dressing rooms are based on "biological" sex, male or female and some want that to change. I don't want someone, no matter what they feel about their gender, with a penis in the campground showers with me. A penis belongs in the "male" facilities. There are places this matters and places where it doesn't matter and that is where the issue lies.

We have always had transgendered, gay, etc. and they went about their business like everyone else, and most do today. It is those protesting in the streets, especially those in drag that look like a nightmare on main street, that are causing issues for everyone else. I suspect these are the ones that have something beyond their gender issue going on.

There is a wide range of "normal" when it comes to all human attributes. I have no problem accommodating the needs of others to a certain extent until it starts taking away from me. As a mother of an adult son with Down syndrome and having watched over the years the reaction and treatment of him because he is not "normal", well, I don't have a lot of pity for others who constantly whine yet have no real idea what discrimination looks like based on biological differences.

Do we really care whether there are more than 2 genders? When we changed from "sex" to "gender"....................

Old 12-06-2017, 09:22 AM

824 posts, read 707,129 times
lets guess on this:
republican -> red -> gender correct

Old 12-06-2017, 09:30 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
2 genders because science. Right libs?
Well, there are gynandromorphs, aka hermaphrodites, which are both. Also there are bisexual people who are attracted to both sexes, and transgenders who are psychologically different from their assigned physical gender.

Yeah, science. BTW - homosexuality has been observed in over 1,500 species.
Attached Thumbnails
REAL CONVERSATIONS: There Are Only 2 Genders | Change My Mind-c5e829c782ce13694b7ef788efee90c5-two-tones-lobsters.jpg  

Old 12-06-2017, 11:13 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,012,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
If he still has his junk, hes a boy. I object to him changing for gym with my daughter. Dont care where people take a dump if I cannot tell.
What's the difference? It's okay as long as you're ignorant of it? I don't think there are many schools out there now requiring kids to get completely naked when changing for gym. Your daughter won't have to see the horror () of a penis, a perfectly normal human sex organ.

This is not even about transgenderism, but of course people have changed the subject. Trans people don't claim there are more than two genders, they claim they are trapped in the body of the wrong sex, that the brain doesn't match what physically is there, and normally happen to fit within the gender norms of that sex (but don't have to).

Old 12-06-2017, 11:16 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Another first world problem.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:28 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,041,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
If he still has his junk, hes a boy. I object to him changing for gym with my daughter. Dont care where people take a dump if I cannot tell.
Ok... so if you "can't tell" the boy is a boy, you're OK with them "taking a dump" wherever. You do realize that such a crackpot and abstract statement would require establishing "minimum levels of macho / femininity" in appearance to use the restroom, right? Are we going to hire bathroom inspects for this? Is that the right-wing jobs plan? So, a guy who's "girly enough" could use the lady's room, but one who isn't couldn't? Would we also have to ban women who are too manly from the woman's room?

Look, we all get the problems with kids or teenage guys changing in the girl's locker room because they ID as female just to get a look. Yes, that is a potential concern that needs to be addressed when dividing up lockers and restrooms - we get that. When people speak in defense of transgenders, they mean ACTUAL transgender people, not some guy faking it so he can see the girl's locker room. Spewing hatred and ignorance, as the far-right loves to do, does not address any of the issues and is just the usual fact-free, petty nonsense that casts the right in such a well-earned negative light.

Here's the deal: the reality is that far more acts of violence are committed AGAINST transgender people - who did nothing to deserve it - by right-wing bigots than acts of violence committed BY transgender people. This means, statistically speaking, you are SAFER from violence and sexual predators by sharing a restroom with a transgender person than by sharing it with a straight person or - even worse - a Republican lawmaker. So, your daughter is actually LESS safe in a room (such as a Miss America changing room) with a clown like Trump - a person who I assume you helped elect - than some random MtF transgender, particularly if she's already on hormones that will wipe out any male sex drive she had. Get educated, people.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:33 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,041,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Remember, we're dealing with people on the right who actually believe guns don't harm anybody, but somebody having the "wrong" kind of sex or going to the "wrong" temple on holy day, or ID'ing with the "wrong" gender for their physical sex is "scary" and needs to be stamped out by the government. But piles and piles of guns? Nah - that's fine. We don't need no stinking rules on that - gotta keep the gubermint out of people's lives!

Old 12-06-2017, 05:34 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,911,250 times
DNA. The first thing that we test for is sex, male or female, that's it-- any other interpretation is demagoguery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies