Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 05:46 PM

47,022 posts, read 26,105,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
DNA. The first thing that we test for is sex, male or female, that's it-- any other interpretation is demagoguery.
Sex and gender are two different things. That's why we have two words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,374,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
There are two genders. All the rest are mental disorders.
And that is just the plain truth and the fact.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:01 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,661,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Sex and gender are two different things. That's why we have two words.
Gender is a social-cultural translation of sex. Healthy people have healthy translation. People with mental disorder have cross translation. It's really that simple.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:06 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,676,817 times
The term "gender" is a social construct, and people assign any meaning they want to it.

The issue is "sexes" and I don't know what all of the variables are or what goes into them - I am assuming overt sexual characteristics and DNA, gene, chromosome specifics, maybe hormone tests?

The markers should be pretty black and white and should have nothing to do with "feelings!"

Old 12-06-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
The issue is "sexes"...
Judging by the headline, you're in the wrong thread.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Gender is a social-cultural translation of sex. Healthy people have healthy translation. People with mental disorder have cross translation. It's really that simple.
To a simple mind, the world looks simple.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:40 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,440,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Shows how much you know of science.

I have bad news for you: multiple documented examples in the field of biology of homosexual and androgynous behavior; even certain species of animals that change their sex over the course of their lives.

Not ****ting you. Google it and educate yourself with credible sources. Or crack open a biology textbook. Life is not a black and white and you think. Maybe I'll post some links up for you later.

Let me guess...you're back to being a science denier now, right? :-)

Far too un-PC by today's standards, the "Pat" character, played by Julia Sweeny on SNL, was hilarious specifically because we do expect individuals to be recognizable as either male of female.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKXbqsPhWJQ

Old 12-07-2017, 04:25 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,362,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Far too un-PC by today's standards, the "Pat" character, played by Julia Sweeny on SNL, was hilarious specifically because we do expect individuals to be recognizable as either male of female.
While I always found that skit to be humorous, have you ever asked yourself why we expect individuals to be recognized as either male or female? There was a gentleman I saw quite frequently on trips to our city's downtown. He worked at a local department store for many years. For the first god knows how many years, I could never figure out if he was a man or woman. He looked like a man, but sounded and dressed and behaved like a woman. Years later, as I matured, I realized he was a man, but a decidedly flamboyant gay man (with awesome clothes and jewelry!).

What effect did it have on me or my life that I didn't know whether this individual was male or female? Zero. It was none of my business and still is none of my business.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,975,092 times
I guess my question is why do conservatives care one way or the other, does it have some relevance to your personal life?

Old 12-07-2017, 04:46 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,661,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I guess my question is why do conservatives care one way or the other, does it have some relevance to your personal life?
Yes.
1. I don't want persons with penises in a room where my daughter changes.
2. I don't want somebody that has unfair advantage in a form of male strength (even if he has no penis) to win gold medals and to take them from females, like with the weight lifter in NZ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies