Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 02:06 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This is the title that you created:

"Pot users flooding emergency rooms with "scromiting" syndrome"

It is a lie. Admit it.

In the article that you posted it says that "scromiting" is rare.

Thread fail.
Watch out everyone! It's a flood!

Better get out the kayak for this one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 02:07 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No one is saying that drinking too much alcohol is not bad for you, or doing other drugs. But the pot pushers keep saying that pot is "harmless" and this great wonder medicine, so they can push to get it legalized everywhere. I am pointing out numerous articles and studies that say that's simply not true. We already have enough drug problems. Making another dangerous drug more readily available and telling people it's good for them is just plain wrong, and a bad idea.
puppies kill more people then pot does. Thats harmless. Nothing is 100% harmless, but pot is darned close. Maybe you should focus on the "problem" of puppies. Its just as dangerous.

Of course the idea of doing so is absurd, just as your argument here is equally absurd.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:09 PM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
"Chronic cannabis users are at risk of experiencing a horrifying new condition that is being reported at hospitals across the country. 'Scromiting,' doctors say, is becoming an all-too-familiar site at emergency rooms, with patients 'screaming and vomiting' as they turn up for help."

Heavy marijuana users showing up at the ER 'scromiting' | Daily Mail Online

More bad news for the notion that pot is safe and great. The drugs build up in your brain and cause vomiting and screaming. Chime: but, but, but, big pharma!
Kinda funny, actually.
But I can see that happening to me, if I even smoked a cigarette Smoking anything is stupid; smoking pot is extra stupid.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:10 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Kinda funny, actually.
But I can see that happening to me, if I even smoked a cigarette Smoking anything is stupid; smoking pot is extra stupid.
That's why it's so great that marijuana can be consumed in a number of ways.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:11 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Kinda funny, actually.
A fine cigar and a cognac after dinner say otherwise.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:24 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,277,537 times
Quote:
No one is saying that drinking too much alcohol is not bad for you, or doing other drugs. But the pot pushers keep saying that pot is "harmless" and this great wonder medicine, so they can push to get it legalized everywhere. I am pointing out numerous articles and studies that say that's simply not true. We already have enough drug problems. Making another dangerous drug more readily available and telling people it's good for them is just plain wrong, and a bad idea.
Nice strawman you have there.

Where are these pot pushers who say it's harmless?

Most commonly I've heard it's no worse for you than booze, probably better in the long run (or words to that effect). Nothing is harmless to an idiot, from paperclips (you'll put your eye out) to water (drowning and water toxicity). That said when used appropriately Pot is less damaging to you than booze. It's probably less dangerous overall than acetaminophen (you know the liver damage issue with good ol' Tylenol don'tcha?).

Old 12-06-2017, 02:28 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I ate subway once and ended up in the ER crying and vomiting (cromiting). Ban subway!
I already did because they suck.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And if the "flooding emergency rooms" hyperbole were true wouldn't we be hearing reports of places like Denver literally being pools of Ralph? Why is it we hear no such thing?
Don't come here. It is terrible. People lying all over the place from pot overdoses. 7/11s can't keep Doritos in stock and Papa Johns run out of pizza quite often. It is terrible.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Kinda funny, actually.
Sure it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:33 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Don't come here. It is terrible. People lying all over the place from pot overdoses. 7/11s can't keep Doritos in stock and Papa Johns run out of pizza quite often. It is terrible.

Well then, I'm staying right here where my pizza is made by native Brooklynites!
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies