Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 10:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Weed seems to keep getting stronger. They do more edibles now, some people get sick or too high off the edibles.

The emesis isn't fake, it's a real thing that can happen after a lot of use. And people can get panicky if they get too high, with pounding heart and panic attacks.

This is not reefer madness, it is common sense warnings like with any other drug.
Sure. Yet certain people are taking these small number of cases & screaming that THIS is why pot shouldn't be made legal. It's a hysterical hand wringing overreaction, while at the same time ignoring the very real & countless cases of drunkenness, alcohol poisoning & the litany of other issues associated w/alcohol use. Oh & don't forget prescription drugs. It's totally disingenuous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 10:25 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Weed seems to keep getting stronger. They do more edibles now, some people get sick or too high off the edibles.

The emesis isn't fake, it's a real thing that can happen after a lot of use. And people can get panicky if they get too high, with pounding heart and panic attacks.

This is not reefer madness, it is common sense warnings like with any other drug.
I am not saying it is fake. What I am saying is the OP is a true believer in Reefer Madness. Some edibles are definitely loaded and need to be regulated a bit to make them safe. The article the OP posted is misleading as usual. The OP believes pot is bringing on the end of the world.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sure. Yet certain people are taking these small number of cases & screaming that THIS is why pot shouldn't be made legal. It's a hysterical hand wringing overreaction, while at the same time ignoring the very real & countless cases of drunkenness, alcohol poisoning & the litany of other issues associated w/alcohol use. Oh & don't forget prescription drugs. It's totally disingenuous.
I can't rep you again. Well said.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:28 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Without accusing anyone specifically of anything I would just say that anyone who drinks alcohol has no leg to stand on in their support of the continued prohibition of marijuana.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Without accusing anyone specifically of anything I would just say that anyone who drinks alcohol has no leg to stand on in their support of the continued prohibition of marijuana.
That is it in a nut shell.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:32 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
"Chronic cannabis users are at risk of experiencing a horrifying new condition that is being reported at hospitals across the country. 'Scromiting,' doctors say, is becoming an all-too-familiar site at emergency rooms, with patients 'screaming and vomiting' as they turn up for help."

Heavy marijuana users showing up at the ER 'scromiting' | Daily Mail Online

More bad news for the notion that pot is safe and great. The drugs build up in your brain and cause vomiting and screaming. Chime: but, but, but, big pharma!
Oh no! I've been using it every day (more or less) for 45 years! When will I scromit????????

Nevermind. You are the same poster who believes using marijuana causes people to eat faces off (I'm not kidding, the OP truly believes that), believes that anyone who has used marijuana in the last 28 days should not be working, and believes that all marijuana users (even medical) should be required to wear a bracelet at all times that informs the police of their location. That way, when they get violent from their marijuana use the police can quickly locate them.

I'm not making this up.

Need I say more?

Old 12-06-2017, 10:35 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Oh no! I've been using it every day (more or less) for 45 years! When will I scromit????????

Nevermind. You are the same poster who believes using marijuana causes people to eat faces off (I'm not kidding, the OP truly believes that), believes that anyone who has used marijuana in the last 28 days should not be working, and believes that all marijuana users (even medical) should be required to wear a bracelet at all times that informs the police of your location. That way, when you get violent from your marijuana use the police can quickly locate you.

I'm not making this up.

Need I say more?
Lol, yeah, those were priceless.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:36 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:

Nevermind. You are the same poster who believes using marijuana causes people to eat faces off (I'm not kidding, the OP truly believes that), believes that anyone who has used marijuana in the last 28 days should not be working, and believes that all marijuana users (even medical) should be required to wear a bracelet at all times that informs the police of your location. That way, when you get violent from your marijuana use the police can quickly locate you.

I'm not making this up.

Need I say more?
That's a bit scary.

Actually it's terrifying.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:39 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times
Thank God reefer madness hasn't hit Appalachia! They'll stick to the tried-and-true Oxycontin and Heroin for their highs!

Old 12-06-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Nevermind. You are the same poster who believes using marijuana causes people to eat faces off (I'm not kidding, the OP truly believes that), believes that anyone who has used marijuana in the last 28 days should not be working, and believes that all marijuana users (even medical) should be required to wear a bracelet at all times that informs the police of their location. That way, when they get violent from their marijuana use the police can quickly locate them.

I'm not making this up.

Need I say more?
/thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies