Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 11:10 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,930,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Dumb ass Dems devour their own, while Repugnant Repubs revel in Rapist Roy...

this is why the Dems lose, they are moral while Republicans just pretend to be moral.
OMG, did you actually type that without laughing?

Old 12-07-2017, 11:12 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,930,554 times
And now ladies and gentlemen... Let's re-welcome to the MN political scene... Jessie Ventura!!!

Old 12-07-2017, 11:15 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,327,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I have a judgement call. Franken is a bigot who got caught and had the gall to stand on the floor of the Senate and lecture the rest of us on our behavior.

he can blow it out his rear and anyone who applauded his speech is a hypocrite and a bigot.
How did he "lecture the rest of us on our behavior?" I'm guessing you're feeling a little guilty in your gut for supporting Trump after the Access Hollywood tape exposed his sexual predatory behavior. Anyone with clean hands---no pun intended---wouldn't take that speech as a lecture on our own behavior.

12,967 posts, read 13,701,057 times
Like Samson and Delilah, fallen due to his weakness but lead to the coliseum to push down the pillars.

27,073 posts, read 11,896,782 times
His comments were obnoxious and insulting to all women, particularly those who came forward.....basically claiming he did nothing wrong, ever. Plus he is a champion for women now...he says...even more obnoxious.

UOTE=Ferd;50335451]I have a judgement call. Franken is a bigot who got caught and had the gall to stand on the floor of the Senate and lecture the rest of us on our behavior.

he can blow it out his rear and anyone who applauded his speech is a hypocrite and a bigot.[/quote]

Old 12-07-2017, 11:20 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,113,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
My take:

1. The Democrats national game plan increasingly depends on growing support with college educated women.

2. As a result, the National Party is taking a zero tolerance position on sexual abuse by their membership.

3. Franken referred to his successor as “her”. Governor Mark Dayton is expected to appoint the state’s female LT GOV as a placeholder until the special election in 2018.

4. The Republican Party is more afraid of offending white males or religious conservatives, because that is more of their base than college women, so they’re more reluctant to pressure anyone to resign. It’s hard to rationalize pressuring any of their Senate candidate as long as Trump is in the White House. For better or worse, they’re stamped with his brand.

5. The D’s will attempt to claim the moral high ground and contrast how they dealt with Conyers and Franken as compared with the R’s ignoring claims against Donald Trump and Roy Moore.

6. The focus of the battle on this issue will be female voters, particularly college educated suburban white women outside of the Deep South. There are enough R congressmen representing such districts that supported Hillary Clinton in 2016 to potentially flip the House.

Translation: Democrats will try another tactic to win power by pretending to care about some other tear jerking issue.

We know.

It's what they always do.

They have no substance.

All they have is identity politics.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:20 AM

Funnier? What part was funny at all...?

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
As I was watching it, I couldn’t help but think to myself, “This speech would be much funnier if he gave it as Stewart Smally.”

Old 12-07-2017, 11:22 AM

Again, this is not a funny thread.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
“Franken Bury”

Gotta love the headline writers at the NY Post.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:23 AM

Man or woman, I love you, Ferd.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Dear Al, go take a flying leap up your own butt. No seriously do it! DO IT! The only thing that disgusts me more than you is that vapid rant you just gave on the floor of the Senate. You hyper hypocritical pile of woman abusing trash, YOU are the issue. YOU, you dirt bag. You don't get to stand there and explain how its republicans that are bad. DUDE you honked a sleeping woman's boob and thought that was a cool thing to take a picture of!

If you haven't figured it out, I don't like you. I really don't. I have long been disgusted by your sanctimonious self congratulatory over bearing rants, telling the rest of us how we should live our lives, what we are supposed to think and then calling us every name in the book when we don't do what you tell us to. Your PROG bigotry just got the slap down. How about you go home and apologize to all your fans. (Im not one). I don't want your apology.

However, for that stupid self aggrandizing rant on the floor of the senate you just gave all I can say is, go to 7-11 and get yourself a Big Gulp full of hell and drink it!

Sincerely,

Ferd

PS if anyone has access to the dirt bag, forward this to him.

Last edited by greatblueheron; 12-07-2017 at 11:38 AM..

Old 12-07-2017, 11:27 AM

12,967 posts, read 13,701,057 times
Nearly every man who finds himself at this juncture doesn't know what he did wrong. To criticized him is being disingenuous. That's why we here today, too many men are so surprised that this or that woman didn't want a playful kiss a pat on the tush or to be forced into an embrace. But at least the Dems are putting their money where their mouth is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies